R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Nitro RC Car Guide for Beginners (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/20011-nitro-rc-car-guide-beginners.html)

rccartips 06-18-2003 04:39 AM

Nitro RC Car Guide for Beginners

Hi,

How about a thread to guide beginners into the exciting hobby of nitro cars?

Let me start by giving away a free ebook on Nitro RC Cars which I posted on my site:

http://www.rccartips.com .

Hope this helps beginners, and grow the hobby for the future.

All the best...

Joel M.

Boomer 06-19-2003 08:43 AM

I noticed that under your list of "best" manufacturers (under What Brand of RC to Buy) you neglected Serpent and Mugen - two of the best, definitely should be included. Definitely of a higher quality than TT and Neo. . .

I think it looks overly simplistic - like the TV series with Chianelli. It wouldn't have satisfied me for more than a few minutes when I just started out.

This is my main beef with most guides written - they either feed "milk" to people, thinking they don't know enough to digest more, or they go straight to the "steak" and confuse people. Why doesn't someone, doing one anyway and already, gear it with an intelligence level that will actually benefit them?!?

Also - one other suggestion. Your little personal anecdotes aren't that beneficial, I think. Don't try to impress people with your experience. Give people good content and they will be fine.

I still think that the XXX-Main guide is far superior.

rccartips 06-22-2003 03:20 PM

Great feedback

Hi Boomer,

Thanks for your feedback, I used it to improve the book.

My mentioning 25 years in the hobby is not to brag... it is to try and show beginners how fun this hobby really is.

Can you imagine doing something for 25 years... and still enjoy it?

Please note, I did the ebook to try and contribute to the hobby. I am not selling it, and I also have limited time to devote to creating it.

Beginners have expressed that they liked the book. And that is my target audience.

I assume you are very experienced already... that is why you find it simplistic. And that is good, I wanted the book to be really simplistic so that beginners will understand and not be intimidated.

All the best...

Joel M.
www.rccartips.com

izzyracer 06-23-2003 12:12 PM

Iv'e only dowloaded it but thanks for the ebook.

eddiethefish 06-23-2003 04:16 PM

Re: Great feedback

Originally posted by rccartips
Hi Boomer,

Thanks for your feedback, I used it to improve the book.

My mentioning 25 years in the hobby is not to brag... it is to try and show beginners how fun this hobby really is.

Can you imagine doing something for 25 years... and still enjoy it?

Please note, I did the ebook to try and contribute to the hobby. I am not selling it, and I also have limited time to devote to creating it.

Beginners have expressed that they liked the book. And that is my target audience.

I assume you are very experienced already... that is why you find it simplistic. And that is good, I wanted the book to be really simplistic so that beginners will understand and not be intimidated.

All the best...

Joel M.
www.rccartips.com

Hi Joel,

Remember the K.I.S.S.? It always works! Great job!:nod:

lee82gx 06-23-2003 11:48 PM

More?

Joel
Do u plan to write more?if yes,i think we're looking forward to more advanced/heavier stuff like race tuning etc.

poolman51 06-24-2003 03:51 AM

name the best way to stop your car....

poolman51 06-24-2003 04:00 AM

name the best way to stop your car....

fastharry™ 06-24-2003 04:30 AM

Go to HPI's site and look at the FAQ section....if you read all that,and digest it,you could Beat barry baker..

rccartips 06-28-2003 01:24 AM

Race tuning book

Hi,

I have not been racing lately, so I do not have plans to write a racing/tuning book. Although I have done well racing in the past, its hard to writing a tuning book with so many different cars.

Suggest you visit the car manufacturer's websites, they usually have a lot of tuning tips specific to their cars.

Enjoy...