F-16

Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #62
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M View Post
Mike, your rc car pictures are always awesome and greatly appreciated. Your picture of that jet flying overhead is incredible! Does anyone know what kind it is and what about those missiles?

This going to be a great weekend of racing! We look forward to seeing you Friday and anxiously await more pictures and reports.
Doug,
The track looks really good, wish we can be there, one of this days we might just show up
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #63
Tech Addict

Thanks!! The jet wasn't all that low, and I didn't have a long enough telephoto lens, so I just did the best I could, and then enlarged a tiny part of the image to get the F16 photo.

When I saw it in the review screen after taking it, I thought it was too small to be any good, but I was pretty amazed when I saw it on the computer screen! This is with my older camera - was just trying it out for fun.

See you all bright and early tomorrow!!
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:02 PM   #64
Tech Addict

To jspeed - are those missiles and things real, or just something of the same size and shape so the plane weighs what it should? Are they capable of being fired and exploding??
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:09 AM   #65
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Doug,
The track looks really good, wish we can be there, one of this days we might just show up
The track flows very well for a temporary track. The bite is starting to come in so we should have some great qualifying runs on Friday.

This really cool! The pit area is shaded, drivers are less than 20 yards from the drivers stand, and we have our own private grandstand area just behind the pit area. Then to top it all off the beer stands will be open on Friday and Saturday! Life is good!

If you and Nigel catch that red eye flight you could make it just in time for Saturday!
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #66
Tech Elite

I don't know Mike, maybe that plane wasn't ready to rock, but you'll never know.

It is great that they have our "back" and are ready "take out" any bad guys if the play calls for it.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #67
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do the beer stands serve Singha?

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Look for the turkey legs at the concession stand..... a full meal!!

How's the tire wear compared to last year?
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:20 AM   #69
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Do the beer stands serve Singha?
That would be over the top if they had Singha beer! No such luck though, only Budweiser in plastic bottles and some foo-foo pina coladas with little umbrellas stuck into a plastic cup.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:31 AM   #70
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelong View Post
Look for the turkey legs at the concession stand..... a full meal!!

How's the tire wear compared to last year?
Yeah, those turkey legs are gigantic and taste so good! Most of the racers went for the burgers or chicken with a large order of fries of course.

Good news on the tire wear! It is a fraction of what it was last year. The track crew knocked themselves out dragging abrasive blocks on the surface for a couple of days and then dragging weighted down truck tires to fill and rubber up the surface. It has really paid off with good traction and very tolerable tire wear.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:59 AM   #71
Tech Master

Friday was a great day to be at the track. We had chamber of commerce weather with temperatures in the low 80's and a nice ocean breze from the east to help keep things comfortable.

It was incredible how loud and fast the Indy Cars and Sports Cars were when they went out for their practice sessions. Racing RC Cars in this setting is a real adreniline rush!

Watching the Indy Cars qualify at night, going over 210 mph, is incredible. A couple of cars lost it in their qualifying attempts. This really amplified how fast they really were going when you see them sliding what seems like forever before stopping.

I am pretty sure Mike Myers from Starting Grid Magazine will be giving a more detailed report and pictures from Fridays RC Car action.

Here are your TQ's from Friday.

10.5 Brushless Sedan / Felix Law
.12 Fuel Sedan / Paolo Morganti
1/8 4WD Open / Ryan Rhodes
Old 03-29-2008, 05:17 AM   #72
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good news on the tire wear.

How's the driver attendance this year? Hopefully this race keeps growing each year
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #73
Tech Addict

come on ryan bring it home wish i could be there but got the flu it sux but theres always next year congrats to paolo and ryan for their tq lets get some updates for sat good luck to all
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #74
Tech Addict

any updates yet
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:25 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

AWSOME!!! That was the word of the day...Perfect weather, very low tire wear...1.2mm in 15 min...sedan (40f/42r) Broke the car..

The racing yesterday was incredible to see the Art in sedan and Ryan in 1/8...sorry, I didn't see who got the electric....

The racing was relaxed and I had an "AWSOME" time this weeknd. I want to thank David L. for talking me into coming donw and all the support for the weekend.... Criss L.....thanks for the clutch....

for those who missed this race, you have no idea what you are missing.....it is the best thing to see people 3 and 4 deep(plus) all around the track watching the racing...

Doug, great program.......

And those turkey legs....yea, they were GOOOOOOD.

Again, thank you for everybody that helped me out...A race like this, even if you came in last...it didn't matter....you felt like a winner to be in front of all those people.

Looking forward to Mike M. report too.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote