R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-10-2008, 04:33 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)
Questions?? TAMIYA TGX MK1 MACH 1 - THOUGHTS ON IT - WHAT ARE THEY WORTH THESE DAYS? ADVICE? HELP

HI GUYS,

HOW GOOD/CRAP IS A TAMIYA TGX MK.1?

I WAS LOOKING AT BUYING A CHEAP 1/8TH CAR. I PREVIOUSLY HAD A FEW BUT SOLD THEM AS I LOST INTEREST. I DON'T WANT SOMETHING TOO CHEAP LIKE A GV AND OBVIOUSLY NOT TOO EXPENSIVE LIKE SERPENT ETC AS IT IS ONLY FOR BASHING. SO I THOUGHT OF A TAMIYA TGX AS THEY ARE EASY TO FIND AND I BELIEVE THEY WOULD BE CHEAP AS THEY ARE NOT COMPETITIVE AT ALL AND ARE QUITE OLD.

SO,
WHAT ARE PEOPLES THOUGHTS ON THE TGX?
WHAT ARE THEY WORTH SECOND HAND?

P.S
I ONLY WANT A 1/8TH CAR BECAUSE OF THEIR SIZE, LOL. I DON'T LIKE THE 1/8TH SERPENT SETUPS AS FOR ME I THINK THEY ARE TOO ADVANCED, I LIKE THE TGX BECAUSE THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH LIKE A BIG 1/10TH CAR

CHEERS, ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED
Old 01-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It is a dated car in which parts aren't that easy to obtain. If you want an 1/8th scale car that is more current, look into the Kyosho Inferno GT.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
It is a dated car in which parts aren't that easy to obtain. If you want an 1/8th scale car that is more current, look into the Kyosho Inferno GT.
Yeh I had a look at them, do you reckon it is worth spending the extra money for an Inferno GT.

Do you know an average second hand street price for the Inferno GT and the TGX???

Cheers
Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul73rc View Post
Yeh I had a look at them, do you reckon it is worth spending the extra money for an Inferno GT.

Do you know an average second hand street price for the Inferno GT and the TGX???

Cheers
As far as I have scanned, a second-hand IGT car goes for around $250 to $300, but are few and far between. The majority of the people that buy them, like them and keep them. I have one myself to go along with my TGX and HPI Super Nitro. I haven't run my TGX in over 5 years (took most of the electronics out of it). You will have more fun with the IGT than the TGX and the IGT is a tank as compared to the TGX.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote