R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #226
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It always nice to go to these type of races to see fellow racers from different states. C-Whit and crew always a pleasure. The Georgia boys are super. I was lucky enough to pit across from Ron Atomic and Joel Johnson. I enjoyed talking with you to. Enjoyed watching you guys work on your cars. Ryan and Randy Rhodes, as always you are 2 of the best guys I have meet since I have been RC racing. I really appreciate your help and guidence. Chris (Junior) sorry about your luck in the qualifiers. You had an awesome car in the main.

The racing in the few mains that was run was excellent. To bad Mother Nature had tears. I am sure the A-Mains would have been even better.

Congrats to Paolo on his TQ in the factory. Always a please watching you run.

Mark Harrision I had fun talking with your brother Mucus seeing you did not come back after Friday! He was a much better driver on Saturday and Sunday.

Quote:
Dlarry; I would like to send my apology to you and your pit guy for me and my actions in the pit over the starter boxes. My pit guy was the one that moved my box and did not let me know until after the race.
I don't know anything about this. News to me but all is ok with me.

Mike Myers excellent pics and report on the Starting Grid.

See you all at the next race.

The "Big Guy" Dave
Old 04-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #227
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nitrohead
I gave my setup sheet to Joel from Kyosho and he said he was going to post it on the Kyosho site. Look for it there. What part of Jersey you from?

I had a great weekend. The track was incredible. The GT's were awesome on it. To bad it had to end with the fiasco which was the A-main! I would have loved to run it on a dry track. It would have been real interesting. Thanks to everyone who helped. Especially Joel Johnson and the entire crew who put on this event, I know they all worked real hard.
Can't wait till next year.
rdcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:44 AM   #228
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Kevin and Kyosho for putting on the event!
It was great racing all week but the rain had to come.
The Twister tires were great,mixed with the V-Slick kyosho tires.
The IGT's were alot of fun,hope yall keep this part of the events.
Thank you to Danny and Keith Sawyer for all the help with the IGT>
Thank you to George Martinez for the set up and info.
It was nice to see everybody and hope it wont be long befor the next race.
later
Jeff Epperson
Kevin Hutchinson
Big Jeff BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #229
Tech Regular

Default Thks to all

On behalf of K Raceway, Thanks to all of the sponsors and participants. We got 8 rounds of qualifying in and all of the mains except the A's. Glad to meet the guys from Evolution Raceway, hope to visit you soon. C Whit, Ted X, nuff said.

Thanks again to Kyosho for donating the inferno GT kit for the benefit raffle. We raise $758.00 for the family of our late friend Andreas.

As Joel said we have some different plans for next year's race, hint:
2009 US Open Fuel Championships date to be announce very soon.

Kevin Hutchinson
KissRcRaceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:18 AM   #230
Tech Addict

A very long time ago, r/c on-road racing was pan cars. Suspension cars came, and made the handling all that much better, but the cars still needed a huge track. Then 1/10 scale came along, and finally the 200mm cars, which could be raced both on "real" race tracks and also on the small tracks set up in parking lots, all over the country.

Now that the 200mm sedans have gotten so sophisticated, I think they're once again mostly for the huge "professional" r/c tracks, and are less suited for parking lot racing. For someone just getting into the hobby, it's once again a choice of getting very involved and traveling to races, or getting an off-road car.

The GT cars have brought us back to where we were a while back, with cars that can be run anywhere, on any surface, and in almost any track condition. For a bit over $400 you get a car that can take a lot of abuse without breaking, a low-cost engine, and tire rules that eliminate much of the expense of racing the smaller sedan cars.

The people with these cars are excited. The magazines are excited about all this, as it might bring a LOT more people into r/c racing, not to mention just messing around having fun with the cars.

Several people at this race showed that given dry conditions and a little racing skill, these cars can get around the track just as nicely as the smaller sedans. My prediction is that as time goes on, this will become THE class for the future.

One more photo to copy over here - there are several hundred posted on www.sgrid.com but to view the galleries you need a flash viewer. Anyway, here's the best photo of all the racers:

mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:33 AM   #231
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcracer View Post
Nitrohead
I gave my setup sheet to Joel from Kyosho and he said he was going to post it on the Kyosho site. Look for it there. What part of Jersey you from?

I had a great weekend. The track was incredible. The GT's were awesome on it. To bad it had to end with the fiasco which was the A-main! I would have loved to run it on a dry track. It would have been real interesting. Thanks to everyone who helped. Especially Joel Johnson and the entire crew who put on this event, I know they all worked real hard.
Can't wait till next year.
Great rdcracer!

It was fun watching you guys over the internet here in Newark, just wished we could be there for ourselves. The rain had to poke it's ugly little head into the day... But hey... Thats racing!!!

Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 08:42 AM   #232
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissRcRaceway View Post
On behalf of K Raceway, Thanks to all of the sponsors and participants. We got 8 rounds of qualifying in and all of the mains except the A's. Glad to meet the guys from Evolution Raceway, hope to visit you soon. C Whit, Ted X, nuff said.

Thanks again to Kyosho for donating the inferno GT kit for the benefit raffle. We raise $758.00 for the family of our late friend Andreas.

As Joel said we have some different plans for next year's race, hint:
2009 US Open Fuel Championships date to be announce very soon.

Kevin Hutchinson
Cool put me in !
I like just hanging with everybody.
This race This track is always a must on my list!
Kevin Hutchinson
Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #233
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ View Post
Cool put me in !
I like just hanging with everybody.
This race This track is always a must on my list!
Well if Jeff's going you know I'm going. Sign me up.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #234
Tech Fanatic

Great points Mike,

The IGT class is growing in popularity for all the reasons you gave and then some. Most guys simply want to put the car down and not have too many breakage issues... They just want to have fun!

Inferno GT's will become a huge class this year. Watching them go around the track, it's easy to see the emmense amount of fun factor involved.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:32 AM   #235
Tech Fanatic

Had to let everybody know!
I picked up a set of Twister Offroad Buggy Tires while at the race this past weekend and put them on my IGT and put the subaru wrx raised the body and ran it Rally Cross and Dam it was also a blast it did great !

It looks like i will be making a Rally cross track at my farm for some of those
buddys who want it ! I had a blast i went to the lower gear and it was on !
later
Jeff E!
Blowin Smoke BBQ
Kevin Hutchinson
Old 04-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #236
Tech Apprentice

Hello everyone, Jamie and I would like to say thank you to a few people.
Kevin and Greg for putting together such a great event.
Ronnie Setser for the awsome paint job, James Burrows for the fast motor and Ralph for the fuel. Allso we would like to thank Ryan and Randy Rhodes and Chris Lefebvre for the parts. We wouldnt have made it to Sunday without you guys. Uriah Murnan for donating such an awsome motor (we cant wait break it in) and Tommy DeSantis for his help.
So thank you again to all of you. We cant wait to do it again next year.
Josh and Jamie Bucceri
JJBooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #237
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

No problem....just glad to see your son do well.... It's nice to see new talent come in to race...and at the age of 9!.....Keep up the good work....
Old 04-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #238
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBooch View Post
Hello everyone, Jamie and I would like to say thank you to a few people.
Kevin and Greg for putting together such a great event.
Ronnie Setser for the awsome paint job, James Burrows for the fast motor and Ralph for the fuel. Allso we would like to thank Ryan and Randy Rhodes and Chris Lefebvre for the parts. We wouldnt have made it to Sunday without you guys. Uriah Murnan for donating such an awsome motor (we cant wait break it in) and Tommy DeSantis for his help.
So thank you again to all of you. We cant wait to do it again next year.
Josh and Jamie Bucceri
what about the tire truer temp gun and aint no tell what else i forgot .. i still think your anal.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #239
Tech Apprentice

Here are some photos of the trophies

TwisterProduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:20 AM   #240
Tech Initiate

JJ boys glad to help out keep it up I see a champ in the making.

Ralph you going to the Sour Grapes this weekend looking forward to the laughs.

Kevin nice pics need a little more wax on that head. Seeya this weekend.
RanRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote