R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Will Nitro Fuel stain roads?

Hi All.

I'm a beginner to Nitro RC and have purchased my first Tamiya Nitro On-road Car.

I live in a new estate with smooth tar roads.

When I drive my car, obviously fuel continually spits out of the exhaust and basically wherever my car has driven has left a trail of Nitro fuel along with it.

Today I had a run in with one of the neighbours because we all pay a Quarterly Fee for Strata, Up keep of the surroundings our house dwells within and they complained that they "shouldn't have to pay to clean up my mess" ?

Will Nitro fuel permanently stain the road? Or when it rains will most of it be washed away?

Any info on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks to all who reply.

Cheers,
shal
shal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shal View Post
Hi All.

I'm a beginner to Nitro RC and have purchased my first Tamiya Nitro On-road Car.

I live in a new estate with smooth tar roads.

When I drive my car, obviously fuel continually spits out of the exhaust and basically wherever my car has driven has left a trail of Nitro fuel along with it.

Today I had a run in with one of the neighbours because we all pay a Quarterly Fee for Strata, Up keep of the surroundings our house dwells within and they complained that they "shouldn't have to pay to clean up my mess" ?

Will Nitro fuel permanently stain the road? Or when it rains will most of it be washed away?

Any info on this would be much appreciated!

Thanks to all who reply.

Cheers,
shal
Hi mate, Nitro fuel does stain concrete/tar etc. However, on tar it is very un noticable but on concrete it stands out. It stains it for about a year then it tends to faid with time. I use my nitro cars on the tar and it never stains, if it does you can't even see it. When I ever spill fuel on concrete when filling the tank it stains straight away even if I wash it, but faids with time. Tell your neighbours to call someone who cares, a bit of marks on tar isn't going to make a difference, I can't even see how it is noticable on black tar/road. Cheers, hope this helps
Old 01-02-2008, 02:10 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shal View Post

Cheers,
shal
hi shal,
obviously yr engine is tuned too rich!
if it's tuned right; nitro spitting out of exhaust will be very minimium...

try leaning abit more on yr highend needle. performance will also improve.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:58 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Wait till you find an oil leak from one of those "friends" cars.....then you can pull the same crap.
Its people like that, that don't have anything better to do than make others misserable. Next, they will complain about the noise, then the smell, and sooner or later you will be giving it up if you let them run you. Although you run Nitro, you might consider an electric car for running in the area you live, and keep the nitro for racing. That is what I had to do where I WAS living till I moved. Its all good though, I had just as much fun.
Good luck with your situation.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:12 AM   #5
Tech Initiate

Your running WAY too rich if fuel/oil is spitting out the exhaust.

Also, tell your neighbors to shove it, then start running your car whenever you see them home

Avid Paintballer and Technician

Traxxas 4-tec 3.3 RWD only
Rustler VXL RPM all around geared 32/76
MaxAmps 11.1 8k LiPo
aznrevlazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
Tech Elite

As many tracks as I've been to, I have not seen any fuel stains on asphalt. My home track and my favorite track both have fine asphalt surfaces which are run on hard for months at a time. You neibors have too much time on their hands doing nothing. Like the guys on this thread said, if you see a lot of fuel coming out, you are too rich. LEAN IT OUT!!!lol Run your car or WE WILL ALL COME OVER AND RUN OURS!!! lol
Old 01-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
start running your car whenever you see them home
Alltapdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i broke my firestorm in on the patio, and apart from a nice rainbow of oil, nothing stuck.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz View Post
Next, they will complain about the noise, then the smell, and sooner or later you will be giving it up if you let them run you. Although you run Nitro, you might consider an electric car for running in the area you live, and keep the nitro for racing.
Very true. This happened to a friend of mine and some neighbor complained to the home owners association about him running his traxxas T-maxx. Now, there is some stupid " noise ordinance " rule in thier by-laws. He ended up getting a E-Maxx from his T-maxx that he ended up selling.
Paul D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #10
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D. View Post
Very true. This happened to a friend of mine and some neighbor complained to the home owners association about him running his traxxas T-maxx. Now, there is some stupid " noise ordinance " rule in thier by-laws. He ended up getting a E-Maxx from his T-maxx that he ended up selling.
...then it's time to run it without the pipe........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

Hey mate, How are you going with this? Still having problems with those neighbours? Hope you haven't sold the car because of this lol. Have fun, Cheers