Wiki Posts
Search

Homestead r/c Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Doug,

I am sure glad to see that you are taking a lead over in Homestead !! Your years (and I mean YEARS) of experience is just what was needed.

Being the family man that I am, I have not been over to set a car on your track, but rest assured that I will make it over and you and I can sit and enjoy a cold one, thought that I would see you last weekend at the Fort, but I'm sure we will see you at the Nats

Chris
Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CFowler
Doug,

I am sure glad to see that you are taking a lead over in Homestead !! Your years (and I mean YEARS) of experience is just what was needed.

Being the family man that I am, I have not been over to set a car on your track, but rest assured that I will make it over and you and I can sit and enjoy a cold one, thought that I would see you last weekend at the Fort, but I'm sure we will see you at the Nats

Chris
Hi Chris, I sure will take you up on that cold one! I will be at the W'nats for sure.

Homestead RC Raceway is becoming an excellent facility. I get the glory, but as you know, there are always a lot of hard working people behind the scenes making this happen. I'm very fortunate to have such a good group of enthusiasts to work with.

Last edited by Doug M; 01-21-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Default Track Open Saturday, Jan. 25th

Homestead RC Raceway will be open for practice at 10AM this Saturday.

One of my inside sources tells me a few of the Factory Drivers are planning on testing some new things, breaking in engines for the Ft. Myers Winternats, and checking out the new look Homestead RC Raceway facility.

Come on out and enjoy a day with your RC Car with friends and foes!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys, i guess im lucky, i got too homes...actually i live in MD not to far from 301 raceway, and my parents live in Cutler Ridge, not too far from Homestead...i have pretty much narrowed it down between the NT1 and the new 720...what are yall thoughts down there? i know florida is Serpent country...but whats popular at the track? what gets the most parts support? thanks
Old 01-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Went to the track today. Wow there was no tire wear. They pulled some tires around and it fixed the tire weat. I ran 42 rears and 40 front. I used one set the entire day. Must have ran about 8 or 9 tanks.

DJ Apolaro
Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

I went today and run a few hours. Traction was good, tire wear low and track fast, flowing and crash friendly.

A big thanks the people involved with the Homestead RC Speedway.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey Paolo anything new with the cars and engines.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Homestead RC Raceway had a good turnout for the Jan.26, practice day. We are not trying to rub it in to our freinds in the North, but our weather was absolutely perfect, temperature was in the high 70's, a light breeze, glorious sunshine without a cloud in the sky. It was a perfect day for just hanging out, bench racing with your friends and of course some testing and practice!

The track crew prepped the track very well. There was very good traction, especially as the day progressed with more and more cars turning laps. Tire wear was minimal and got better as the day went on. Great job guys!

We were joined by Luis Mansur who came up from Aruba to enjoy the facility. Luis had taken a break from racing, so it was good to see him back at the track after a long absence. Our good friend Maxy Velazco (Maxy's Fuel) spent the whole day helping Luis get his car dialed in. By the end of the day Luis was getting around very well.

The Serpent Team showed up for testing the 720's, breaking in engines, and evaluating a new prototype TC body from Central RC of Japan. DJ, Paolo and Gianni seemed to be very pleased by the end of the day as they were turning some very fast laps. They all complimented the new look Homestead RC Raceway for becoming such a great facility for testing and racing.

Homestead RC Raceway wants to thank everyone who came out Saturday for helping make this a great day at the track and we hope everyone will come back this coming Saturday, Feb.2nd, for our next Club Race.

L to R photos of some of the racers enjoying the day.
1. Maxy velazco and Luis Mansur
2. Jason Bell and his son
3. Duncan Chin
4. Howard Stamen
5. Brothers, Marco and Ricardo Blum
Attached Thumbnails Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1250-maxy-luis-mansur-600-x-450-.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1252-jason-bell-son-600-x-450-.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1253-duncan-chin-600-x-450-.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1255-howard-stamen-600-x-450-.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1247-brothers-marco-ricardo-blum-600-x-450-.jpg  

Old 01-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Here are some more photos taken during Saturday's practice.

L to R

1. Prototype body from Central RC of Japan being tested by Serpent team.
2. Danny Horta telling his Dad how to drive.
3. Teardown of Paolo Morganti's MF-12 after break in for inspection. Hmmm...
only 3 head bolts?
4. Marco Blum refuels his brother Ricardo's car.
5. Drivers stand front to back, Gianni Giorgio, Abraham Horta, Ricardo Blum. In the pits, Art Carbonell, Ray Schneider, Marco Blum.
Attached Thumbnails Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1256-prototype-body-600-x-450-.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1260-danny-horta-600-x-450-.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1268-pm.mf12.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1263-marco-blum-refuel-600-x-450-.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1262-drivers-stand.pits.jpg  

Old 01-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

End of photos taken at Saturday's practice.

L to R

1. It's a South Florida thing! Notice the "orchestrated one legged flamingo stand by the pitmen."
2. A view of the track from inside timing and scoring.
3. 1/10 scale track action.
4. 1/8 car exits the LH switchback.
5. 2 cars exited the RH hairpin and power on to the straight.
Attached Thumbnails Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1272-flamingo-pitmen-600-x-450-.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1254-multi-lane-view-600-x-450-.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1276-trackaction.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1275-1.8-lh.jpg   Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1265-rh.hp.jpg  

Old 01-27-2008, 09:27 AM
dcc
Tech Apprentice

Smile

sat. practice was awesome. the dragging of tire trick really worked tire wear was down and traction got progressively better as the day went on and more car were running on it. Paolo and Dj put on a show to watch in their practice session posting low 13 sec. lap with Dj turning a 13.1 WOW. It was a pleasure see Jason Bell and Ray Shneider back on the track turning some good times in the high 13 sec. and low 14 sec. laps. The track has gotten better and with some more work it will keep on getting better.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dcc
sat. practice was awesome. the dragging of tire trick really worked tire wear was down and traction got progressively better as the day went on and more car were running on it. Paolo and Dj put on a show to watch in their practice session posting low 13 sec. lap with Dj turning a 13.1 WOW. It was a pleasure see Jason Bell and Ray Shneider back on the track turning some good times in the high 13 sec. and low 14 sec. laps. The track has gotten better and with some more work it will keep on getting better.
just out of curiousity, danny horta usually runs very fast laps at homestead. does anyone know what his times were?
Old 01-27-2008, 04:30 PM
dcc
Tech Apprentice

i think he turned a 12.7 but i think he was breaking in a engine
Old 01-30-2008, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up RACE, Saturday, FEB 2nd,

Homestead Raceway will host the Pre Super Bowl Race on Saturday, February 2nd. Race at the "new look" facility which is fast, utilizes a car friendly layout with great traction and minimal tire wear. Gates open at 9AM, Registration closes at 11AM, Racing begins at Noon.
Attached Thumbnails Homestead r/c Raceway-img_1277.jpg  
Old 01-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

very well

see you there guys...

gianni
ciao

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.