R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Lines

I wonder if the paint has less traction than the bare asphalt? Anyone know?
FL_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #32
Tech Master

Default little effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Racer View Post
I wonder if the paint has less traction than the bare asphalt? Anyone know?
In a perfect world, I'm sure if some laboratory test was done, it probably would show that natural asphalt will have more traction than painted asphalt.

The track surface at Homestead RC Raceway was very old coarse asphalt that was a foam tire eating machine. Having new asphalt laid down was not within the budget. The solution that was within the budget was to have a driveway sealer sprayed and a patch material was used to fix bumps low spots and holes. The sealer takes the sharp edges off the asphalt and fills the small imperfections. This treatment made the track smoother. Now, tire wear is much less and is much more acceptable.

The stripes are painted with a water based latex paint that will have very little effect on traction. The centerline stripe is only 2 inches in width. The inner and outer stripes are about 4 inches wide. When the track is cleaned, then sprayed with traction compound and some rubber is laid down by the race cars, the cars will pass over the painted stripes without any noticeable effect at all. Just like any race track, if you get off the racing line there will be less traction and less control of you car.
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Doug

Tracks looks great, I'm sure the racing on Homestead's new layout is fun.

I'll try to get down there in a few weeks.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #34
Tech Addict

A fine day of racing today. I had a great time. When I first started this thread I mentioned how nice the track flowed with the paint, well they have made it even better.
Johnny Wong, Duncan and Joe Chin and of course Doug McNeely have really gone the extra mile to make this a place that you want to race at.
The Speedway is very happy also with the improvements and that can only mean that things will just get better and better. Stay tuned.
You will be very happy when go there, so plan a trip its well worth it.

Greg Esser
gesser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:31 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Man the track looks great ive never bein to the homestead nor have i bein to a ONROAD circut track before, i plan on makeing my first trip out there this weekend satruday to see if i like it

i run alot of high speed cars like at FIU,Tropical park, or behind modern age where the warehouses are but all this str8 line stuff last year i got into going to the OFFROAD track and i go there alot just to practice and mess around with a MBX5T truggy so this year i thought id try onroad circut racing to see if i like it......before i blow easily over a grand in building a 1/8 car (only thing i would consider) i thought id go with a inferno gt roller i picked up last week i dropped in a modded MACH 427 15/19 gearing and a centex clutch, and i got everything else servos, reciver, battery, ext and im just waiting for saturday is anyone else running this car at the track??? here is a few pics off my inferno gt as it is right now

BTW my name is Luke

PS do you guys constantly have the lap counter system on??? i have a personal transponder and wanted to know if i could have my laps counted even tho im just practicing
Old 01-07-2008, 04:14 AM   #36
Tech Master

Luke, thank you for the kind words about Homestead RC raceway. We would be pleased to have you join us at Homestead RC Raceway. To use the facility you will need ROAR membership, this is $30 per year and is avialable at the track. Practice days are $10 and race days are $15.

We use the J-Lap timing system on practice days. With your personal transponder installed, the lovely voice of Crystal Clear will announce your lap time every time you complete a lap.

You have a lot of nice mods on your Inferno. In fact, I saw someone else with this type of car at the track this past Saturday. The track will be closed next weekend Feb 12, 13. A lot of our track crew and racers will be going to Ft. Myers for the 2 day Forgass Series Race.

For more information about current events, a forum, a track calendar, and much more go to the web site www.homesteadrcraceway.com or you can e-mail [email protected] . We look forward to seeing you at Homestead RC Raceway.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:19 AM   #37
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesser26 View Post
A fine day of racing today. I had a great time. When I first started this thread I mentioned how nice the track flowed with the paint, well they have made it even better.
Johnny Wong, Duncan and Joe Chin and of course Doug McNeely have really gone the extra mile to make this a place that you want to race at.
The Speedway is very happy also with the improvements and that can only mean that things will just get better and better. Stay tuned.
You will be very happy when go there, so plan a trip its well worth it.

Greg Esser
Greg, thanks so much for joining us at the 2008 Happy New Year Gran Prix. It's always a pleasure to have you with us and do a little bench racing. Good luck at Ft. Myers next weekend!
Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M View Post
Luke, thank you for the kind words about Homestead RC raceway. We would be pleased to have you join us at Homestead RC Raceway. To use the facility you will need ROAR membership, this is $30 per year and is avialable at the track. Practice days are $10 and race days are $15.

We use the J-Lap timing system on practice days. With your personal transponder installed, the lovely voice of Crystal Clear will announce your lap time every time you complete a lap.

You have a lot of nice mods on your Inferno. In fact, I saw someone else with this type of car at the track this past Saturday. The track will be closed next weekend Feb 12, 13. A lot of our track crew and racers will be going to Ft. Myers for the 2 day Forgass Series Race.

For more information about current events, a forum, a track calendar, and much more go to the web site www.homesteadrcraceway.com or you can e-mail [email protected] . We look forward to seeing you at Homestead RC Raceway.

i gotta get that ROAR membership ive never gotten it before and i was going to need it anyways since i wanna start racing OFFCIALLY at the MILLS POND offroad track in the truggy class when i order it how long does it take for everything to clear?????

also quick question since all my car have bein for parking lot fun ive always used any servo with atleast 80 ounces of tourque, for the brakes and i buy those cheapo tower pro servos for stearing (they push out 200 ounces in like .25 seconds and cost 10 dollars )speed has never bein a issue ive always used those for everything, basicaly the only car i got high end servos in is my MBX5T but for onroad im not sure whats the right servos to use i was thinking about geting the JR 9100S servo 180 ounces in .06 seconds does that sound good??? if i like the whole inferno gt class i wouldnt mind spending the money what are u guys running in ur 1/8 onroads??

oh any about saturday its the only day ill have to be able to go run this month so if the homestead track will be closed i guess ill meet u guys next month
Old 01-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamizFinest View Post
i gotta get that ROAR membership ive never gotten it before and i was going to need it anyways since i wanna start racing OFFCIALLY at the MILLS POND offroad track in the truggy class when i order it how long does it take for everything to clear?????

also quick question since all my car have bein for parking lot fun ive always used any servo with atleast 80 ounces of tourque, for the brakes and i buy those cheapo tower pro servos for stearing (they push out 200 ounces in like .25 seconds and cost 10 dollars )speed has never bein a issue ive always used those for everything, basicaly the only car i got high end servos in is my MBX5T but for onroad im not sure whats the right servos to use i was thinking about geting the JR 9100S servo 180 ounces in .06 seconds does that sound good??? if i like the whole inferno gt class i wouldnt mind spending the money what are u guys running in ur 1/8 onroads??

oh any about saturday its the only day ill have to be able to go run this month so if the homestead track will be closed i guess ill meet u guys next month
ROAR is real good about sending your membership cards quickly. Usually 7 to 10 days. Sometimes even quicker!

I'm not sure about the servoes you are using for your Inferno. If the $10 (wow that's cheap) Tower servoes are working for you that is great. I suggest you run your car a few times on the Homestead RC Raceway track to see if you need to upgrade your servoes.

Sorry, you can't get to the track this month. We will have the February schedule online very soon.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic

are the results of the race posted anywhere?
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:36 AM   #41
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen View Post
are the results of the race posted anywhere?
Results were not posted. A brief race report can be found at www.homesteadrcraceway.com under Track News.

Last edited by Doug M; 01-08-2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: correct spelling error
Old 01-08-2008, 03:42 AM   #42
Tech Master

Anyone know what kind of sealer used to seal the Homestead track?
The type and brand name if you have.
Bob Malphurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #43
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs View Post
Anyone know what kind of sealer used to seal the Homestead track?
The type and brand name if you have.
Hi Bob! Originally a professional company sprayed a sealer over the racing area to be used. I do not know what they used. Recently, the track crew has been using a sealer to go over areas that they have patched to take out dips, and bumps. This seems to be working quite well with good traction and bearable tire wear. It comes in a 5 gallon bucket and can be rolled or squeegied pretty easily. I can't remember the name. I will be at the track tomorrow afternoon, I will check it out for you and post the information later.

PS: How is Robbie doing?
Old 01-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #44
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M View Post
Hi Bob! Originally a professional company sprayed a sealer over the racing area to be used. I do not know what they used. Recently, the track crew has been using a sealer to go over areas that they have patched to take out dips, and bumps. This seems to be working quite well with good traction and bearable tire wear. It comes in a 5 gallon bucket and can be rolled or squeegied pretty easily. I can't remember the name. I will be at the track tomorrow afternoon, I will check it out for you and post the information later.

PS: How is Robbie doing?
The track crew has used a couple of different brands of sealer that comes in 5 gallon buckets. I think all of the sealers came from Home Depot.

The first is called Driveaseal and already has a small amount of sand already mixed into it.

The second is called Asphalt Resurface - Fass Dri, this also has a small amount of sand already mixed into it.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:30 AM   #45
Tech Master

Default Club Race date change

The Club Fuel Race at Homestead RC Raceway has been changed to Saturday, Feb. 2nd. The original date would have been on Super Bowl Sunday. Now all you football fans (me included) will have the entire day to get our game faces on and enjoy the Super Bowl! Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

PS: Any predictions on who will play in the Super Bowl, who will win and what the score will be?