Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Cox 049 Nissan GTP >

Cox 049 Nissan GTP

Cox 049 Nissan GTP

Old 04-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rcchopper
Hi I was going to buy one and just wanted to know what the market is paying for one of these what did you pay for yours if you don't mind thanks

we paid 200 dollars for the car 6 years ago..
Old 05-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi I bought a cox gtp and its is basically a parts car so I need a manual to put it together and find out what I need. The manual that has been previously posted will not work a and is saying the time has exspired so can someone please post a manual. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bolink used to make a starter for the Jerobee 049 cars in the late 70's. You should be able to use a 540 size brushed or brushless motor with a hard rubber wheel attached as a starter. Much easier and faster than a pull start. finding a wheel/tire combo that fits the motor shaft would be a matter of experimentation and perhaps one with a set screw.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

This car goes back into the early to middle 1970's. The very first electric RC car was this chassis converted to electric with motor and batteries from a dust buster. All this was done in Ft. Wayne IN. I don't remember the name of the person that did this but some guys in Ft.Wayne do know him. Man, what memories.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Workrite?

Wayne Plamer (Workrite was his company) was the man that got us all tearing apart Black & Decker grass trimmers for winter fun. I got in maybe 3 seasons of 1/12th gas before moving to 1/8th. The Cox GTP came along at the wrong time for me and never got the support that John McKay gave the Jerobee cars, thus never took off.

Getting the Cox motor to run right was a draw back when compared to the .21 motors in the 1/8th cars. It'd be a few years later when the Lite Machine heli people showed me how a Glo Bee glo head would get the Cox motors to run right.

1/12th Gas got me started in RC racing in 1974 and I'm still at it. It's all about the fun, friends, and good times. The Bolink starter used a 1/24th scale slot car wheel and tire.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great cars, did they only make 1/12th scale?