R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-18-2007, 09:13 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Too Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillbots View Post
I can't believe its so close of those houses! Tracks are getting closed in the UK for being too close to houses even though the track was there first and they are hundreds of meters away. Looks good either way though.
We actually thought about that! and yes the noise does travel. We were thinking of using the INS boxes to lower the noise output.
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Firstly Brian and Thomas have done a tremendous job on getting the track up to spec and coming up with a challenging layout. One that will test all aspects of your cars setup; For any one starting out could learn a lot from this track. It will make a good track to prep for state races and possible join them.

Please if you are local come support Brian and Thomas in their efforts to get this local track back on the map.
MTX4JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
We actually thought about that! and yes the noise does travel. We were thinking of using the INS boxes to lower the noise output.
I strongly urge you to change that from thinking to are mandating. You should also think about getting a DB meter for the track. Good luck!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Default Thanks Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkelley View Post
I strongly urge you to change that from thinking to are mandating. You should also think about getting a DB meter for the track. Good luck!

I will be getting with the President and staff ASAP!!!
One of the guys who showed up stated that he heard the cars from the Condos seen in the background of PIC's and decided to come. A DB meter hmmm would Radio Shack have it?

Tino
Old 12-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkelley View Post
If we got a BD what good would that do, let us know how load the cars are exquse my ignorance i really don't know
bluer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #21
Tech Addict

sorry thats suppose to be loud
Old 12-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Would it be a bad idea to approach the surrounding condos or developments to see we can come to some agreement if the noise is that much of a concern.

Also Have to mention mike he also helped with track prep on Sunday.
MTX4JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Default noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTX4JR View Post
Would it be a bad idea to approach the surrounding condos or developments to see we can come to some agreement if the noise is that much of a concern.

Also Have to mention mike he also helped with track prep on Sunday.
I think that might be a good idea, but has it been a problem with the off road, maybe once we make I N S boxes mandatory we can have someone stand over there an see how loud the cars are
Old 12-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Well thats life.. Thats why citys come up with a time line when u can and can not make noise..What they should have a problem with is not the noise but the SMELLcoming for that plant next door to the track..
iceman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #25
Tech Addict

ALSO THIS IS SOUTH FLORIDA EVERYONE HAS THERE A/C ON I KNOW U CAN NOT HEAR THE CAR INSIDE THE HOUSE WITH THE A/C ON
Old 12-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I remember the off road people were running only electric buggies and trucks to keep the noise down, but after a few months they started to run nitro buggy and trucks and have had no pblm...as long as we run after 9AM and end by around 4 pm it shouldnt be a pblm...but we defeitely should impletement INS boxes to be safe...we dont want complaints from neighbors...

Yohan
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman76 View Post
Well thats life.. Thats why citys come up with a time line when u can and can not make noise..What they should have a problem with is not the noise but the SMELLcoming for that plant next door to the track..
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman76 View Post
ALSO THIS IS SOUTH FLORIDA EVERYONE HAS THERE A/C ON I KNOW U CAN NOT HEAR THE CAR INSIDE THE HOUSE WITH THE A/C ON

I agree that everyone has A/C however as Yohan stated OFF road was not a problem but we do need to be mindfull of our Neighbours. OFF road is on DIRT which dampens sound alot more, wouldn't you agree?

Sean lives in the condos next to the track...he heard the cars and that's why he came remember. I'm not saying that a $20 INS box should be made mandtory but is a small investment in keeping us and our neighbours happy.

some my ask what exactly is an INS box, to answer your question I've included the information supplied from Novarossi's website

INS
Basically conceived to satisfy EFRA and IFMAR rules to contain the noise within the norms respecting human health without decreasing engines output. It has contributed to the development of new solution that improves the propulsive output.

After various test on track held by our official drivers, we have produced an accessory that not only doesn't interfere with the normal run of the engine but that, on the contrary, in particular atmospheric conditions, increases the output.

The NOVAROSSI INS-BOX has been tested by foremost drivers on various tracks before sending it for homologation; it is advisable to use our NOVAROSSI INS-BOX not only to improve your engine output and itís also good for environment.

SO why NOT?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #28
Tech Addict

WELL I DONT THINK THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM RUNNING INS BOX IF IT COMES DOWN TO NOISE I THINK IM GOING EP
Old 12-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Talking

who sell the novarrossi I N S BOX i would like to get one
Old 12-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #30
Tech Addict

HAY SOMEONE GIVE SHORTSA CALL TO LET HIM KNOW TO COME OUT CAN'T BE A HOME TRACK WITH OUT SHORTS