The Chassis for your Nitro TC3! >

The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 08:50 PM

Ok guys I have the car built but did not get to race it because work called me out of town on raceday! But I did get about 5 hours of practice alone on the track today. First, Assembly on the chassis was a breeze! everything fit perfect except alittle engine mounting issue, do to the K factory centax clutch setup. Jason really worked this area and cured the clutchbell to spur alignment problems the Ae chassis had, but I needed alittle more clearance with the K-Factory centax. Jason and I have work this issue out so nobody else will have any issues with this.
I put the setup that we usually use at our local track and this thing was dialed. I used neg. 2 degrees camber and the tire wear was dead even, no coning.
I usually have to chase the car all day to keep it fast but it stayed very consistant all day. Theres no more twichy steering. the car goes where ever you point it. It does'nt veer or pull left or right anymore. It's like now all you have to do is come off the turn aim it, pull the trigger and its gone! straight as an arrow! The CG is much lower and spinouts and traction rolls are all but gone. You guys think corner speed was high on this car before, its now much better!
This car is now planted to the ground! Weight distribution issues I felt the car has always had is no longer and issue either, and balance is very ,very good, much better than any chassis I have made or bought.
I use the alum diff cases and some K-Factory alum. goodies so my car is now a few ounces heavier than stock, but it not noticeable driving wise.
This chassis is the best investment I have made with this car.
Jason the engineer/designeer of this chassis has really done his homework, its a very nice and well designed piece.
If anyone is interested in faster lap times and a car that is totaly planted to the ground, this chassis is for you!
Jim and Jason are very good guys also and will help you with any anything you need. Hell, Jason told me Barry Baker looked at the chassis and loved it, so you know it's got to be good!
Old 06-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Can you please help explain what helps the weight distribution on this new chassis?

I always felt there is a issue on the weight dist on this car ( i been using light battery pack and 9550 servo which may made the problem worst)

tks
Old 06-23-2003, 09:39 AM

Most of all the weight now is below the driveshaft not above the shaft, and the chassis has litttle if no flex. What added weight that is above the shaft is counter weighted with even weight below the shaft.. So it seems to me to dist. weight more even now, you can feel it when driving it. (less chassis roll). I have had to back off on the front blade bar setting, and now when a rear sway is added I can tell a big diff. I use to run front blade
bar at about 45degrees or more now the car is more comfortable at 0 angle on the bar. So that by itself tells me theres less roll with the chassis. Hope this sorta helps. Maybe Jim can explain better?
Old 06-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the chassis has been offset about a 3/16 of an inch while leaving the engine and transmissions in place.material has been removed in just the right places to achive near perfect balance.while most companies try to lighten the chassis,they take weight from the bottom and leave it all up top.we tackled this a little differently.we believed that if you remove weight,you start at the top and work your way down.only problem is the car is already very light.we tried to keep the weight about the same but at the same time, use it to our advantage.we took all that weight from up top and evenly distributed it down low.we put reinforced side walls and chassis braces that actually clip on to the tranny cases and are secured with flathead screws.a center spine was milled into the chassis under the drive shaft to eliminate pinching of the driveshaft.overall ,the car has no flex,an extremely low center of gravity,and is now perfectly balanced.another plus is when every one is wrenching between heats,i just sit back relax and enjoy a nice cold one
Old 06-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Bob, no I'm not sure I could explain it any better. It's great to have it coming from a satisfied customer and not just from the pitchman (me)! I'm not a great driver, but I noticed the difference immediately on the track. What I like best you already mentioned, the car goes where you point it. If I could just stop pointing it at the pipe!
Old 06-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks J, well said! We need to get you an avatar....how about this?
Attached Thumbnails The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!-chassis.jpg  
Old 06-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

bbntc3...I'm running a stock rtr engine. Would it be a better investment to get a new engine or the chasis?
Old 06-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Lord

you gotta show me how to do that jim
Old 06-23-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Give me a call and I'll walk you thru it.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Blazing Bob is making progress assembling The Chassis! Pixy slipped right in with stock mounts and clutch....
Attached Thumbnails The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!-bobchassis.jpg  
Old 06-23-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Mr Jim Reeves you have a pm..
Old 06-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Tech Lord

blazin bobs car does look good,but is that gonna be enough to beat me next time.lol i dont have an advantage anymore,hes got the chassis too.guess im gonna have to find some new tricks.lol
call ya later jim
Old 06-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Blazin says "I own you!"
Old 06-23-2003, 07:34 PM

Nitrosaurus: That's kinda a question you must ask yourself. I have everything almost made for the NTC3. I use Smeltz and and Richey HP already, and felt all this HP was a waiste with the car before I bought the chassis. Now we can make use of the engines now. If you have the $$$ and really are very interested in faster lap time and a car that is planted to the pavement, then I say yes, get the chassis!
Jim: I hear ya on the pointing deal! we hit the outside wall so hard because of the extra speed the car carrys now I busted 3 Hitech 5925 digital servo this weekend!I guess next weekend I better back the bolt looser in the steering rack servo saver. I have it tightened all the way down.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

not for nothin'....How come you didn't loosen it after you broke the first one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.