The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

do you guys still need roll bars with this chassis?
Old 07-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Well I ordered my chassis today. Oh man I can't wait until next Saturday to see what it can do. The car handled pretty good as is I am interested in seeing what it will be like with the new chassis.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: What to do...whattttt to do?

Originally posted by Ice FN Man
Got my Chassis today, excellent ship time and packing I must say...but now I'm stuck on what to do.

I have/had an RTR NTC3 til I dumped mucho buckos in it a couple weeks ago. It now has threaded shocks, front 1-way, graphite upgrade kit, front blade, the kit bumper setup, aluminum hinge braces-front & rear, Ti rods, SS screws, all the GH hop-ups, hi-tech servos...yadda yadda..........have NOT added the 2-speed to it, still running solo.....

Do I strip that car down, buy the 2-speed clutch...and put everything on The Chassis or do I purchase a kit NTC3 and start over? If I buy the kit and build a new one I won't be able to get that Nova motor im dying for a couple more weeks.

Any of you groovy cats have any input?

I did run across what I thought was a good buy at HobbyTown today, they had a Futaba servo, I think 9204 model (its still in the truck) retails $130...75% off.....picked it up for $40 bucks.....Use this for the steering servo???

Thanks for any input!
Chris
I think you're referring to futaba s9402 servo, its high torque high speed (111 oz torque and .10 sec speed). This will work best on your steering.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Got the chassis today. Thanks Jim for the fast shipment.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Default antenna mount

Where do I get an antenna mount for this chassis? Any suggestions?
Old 07-29-2003, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Glad you got your Chassis! You can use the Associated plastic mount or the GPM aluminum antenna mount looks sweet, just make a small hole in the top of your receiver box for it. Check the pics of Blazing Bob's car on the preceeding pages. Thanks again! Jim
Old 07-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Jim Reeves
Glad you got your Chassis! You can use the Associated plastic mount or the GPM aluminum antenna mount looks sweet, just make a small hole in the top of your receiver box for it. Check the pics of Blazing Bob's car on the preceeding pages. Thanks again! Jim
Hey Jim,

I moved everything over to the new chassis but my throttle servo won't fit. It seems as if the blocks I tighten the servo down to are to short. I am using a basic Hitec servo. Is there a specific servo to use for this chassis? Or can you recommend spacers for the chassis? Thanks
Old 07-30-2003, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

We've used Hitec 525's and various Futaba's along with the kit supplied spacers and it's a tight fit. A couple of the guys have suggested taking a little more material away below the servo mounts for some servos to go in and we're working on that for the next run. You can dremel a little bit away at the mounts or sand the servo case at the base. Or you can double up the kit servo spacers but that may put a bind on the wire moulding at the base of the servo. Get back to me with your servo case dimensions and I'll check it on this end to see what will work best in your case. We want to get you running! Thanks, Jim.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Chassis Pics with RPM Receiver Box

Here are a couple pics of my chassis with an RPM receiver box. I mounted the switch in the box so it wasn't exposed. The receiver was a tight fit in the box so I milled .005 from both sides of the inside of the box.
Attached Thumbnails The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!-mvc-095l.jpg  
Old 07-30-2003, 08:54 AM

I got hit in the side again this weekend and knocked the reciever tray against the
the shaft. The tray is done this time. I need to come up with something else, It's the only weak link I see with the chassis.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default Another Pic

Here ya go.
Attached Thumbnails The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!-mvc-098l.jpg  
Old 07-30-2003, 09:00 AM

cool!
Old 07-30-2003, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

bbntc3,

Did you have a problem with the stock front drivecup touching the steering rack? And did you have a problen when you installed the K Factory doing that also?
Old 07-30-2003, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default interferance issues

I did. My drive cup just barely rubs my steering rack. I haven't investigated the issue as of yet but will tomorrow night.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:01 PM

So, what does this receiver tray fit jcruse? RC10 GT? Yea mine rubbed the rack alittle, I use Hard Core cups for the electric TC3, they are larger than the NTC3 cups.I had a bunch of them. I took mine ran a 4/40 long screw through the center and used 2 lock nuts on the end,, chucked the lock nuts up in a Drill press, set the press to it's fastest speed, took emory cloth 240 grit and just held it to the cup and made it small enough to clear, then took a piece of 3m scotch brite pad and put a polished finish on it. Takes about 5 mins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.