R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-20-2003, 10:06 PM   #256
Tech Rookie

you cant find it on ebay 'cause auction ended this morning but im sure jim reeves will hook you up with one
Ice FN Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 11:05 PM   #257
Tech Master

How is everybody liking the chassis does it make that much of a difference than the stock chassis?

Do you have to make any modes to get everything to fit? I saw earlier in a post someone was having difficulty fitting a MR-12. I have a MT-12 will I need to do anything to get the motor to fit?
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 11:06 PM   #258
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice FN Man
you cant find it on ebay 'cause auction ended this morning but im sure jim reeves will hook you up with one
Okay I will send him a PM.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:16 AM   #259
Tech Regular

Default Jim Reeves

Hi Jim! I hope I'm correct but I'm guessing your the one that also created THE FIX for the NTC3. If I'm correct I was just wondering when would The FIX be available again on Ebay? If I'm wrong, can someone please help me find it on Ebay? Help is very apperciated, thanx!
Ducati998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:32 AM   #260
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the fix and the chassis are always available through jim reeves.all you need to do is email him at [email protected] for any motor mounting issues on the chassis,just make sure you are running low cg motor mounts and a no pull start motor and you will be flying.
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:01 PM   #261
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Number 11
How is everybody liking the chassis does it make that much of a difference than the stock chassis?

Do you have to make any modes to get everything to fit? I saw earlier in a post someone was having difficulty fitting a MR-12. I have a MT-12 will I need to do anything to get the motor to fit?
Number 11,

The Chassis works GREAT! I raced this weekend and with The Chassis and my friend at the track helping me out on my setup I was running great. My driving needs some improvement, but the car handled AWESOME! The car never rolled or spun out. In fact at one time during practice it stuck to the track to good and had to turn corners quicker than i'm used to to compensate. Out of 6 people for the b-main i finished 3rd. not bad considering i didnt get to race the 1st qualifier (i ran into the pipe and broke the pivot balls) and the 2nd qualifier i was put with the big boys and ran as best i could. I started 1st for the b main and finished 3rd.

As for the motor, i had a prob with my MR-12. To fix it i had to remove the left side rear brace. I was told to dremel it to compensate, but I'm afraid to mess with such a nice looking piece of metal
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 07:59 PM   #262
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5

i was wondering if its better just to buy this chassis n build the ntc3 from scratch? will dat be more expensive by a lot? cause this chassis looks sick... give it some tylenol n send it a get well card
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 08:21 PM   #263

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

I spent a ton of money on this car from day one. I never was pleased with the shock chassis so I built 3 different chassis of my own and tried the GH chassis. Different fuel systems even came up with my own pipe design. I have always been disapointed in the car and was about to sell out. I took one look at the first chassis BMI released and I said it had to mine. In two years worth of R&D with my own stuff and a ton of money spent, I have too say the chassis was the best investment I have to date, and I have them all! Every hop up made, AE hops and all other manu. hops.
The chassis is very sweet!! If you have the extra money Chckboy5, I say go for it, start with the best, don't work yourself into a frinzy trying to keep the car in tunebalanaced and tracking straight The chassis is worth it alone for the no more traction roll and spinouts.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:44 PM   #264
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5

so is it cheaper to buy from scratch? or better to buy the kit n then the chassis?
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:29 PM   #265
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by bbntc3
I spent a ton of money on this car from day one. I never was pleased with the shock chassis so I built 3 different chassis of my own and tried the GH chassis. Different fuel systems even came up with my own pipe design. I have always been disapointed in the car and was about to sell out. I took one look at the first chassis BMI released and I said it had to mine. In two years worth of R&D with my own stuff and a ton of money spent, I have too say the chassis was the best investment I have to date, and I have them all! Every hop up made, AE hops and all other manu. hops.
The chassis is very sweet!! If you have the extra money Chckboy5, I say go for it, start with the best, don't work yourself into a frinzy trying to keep the car in tunebalanaced and tracking straight The chassis is worth it alone for the no more traction roll and spinouts.
bbntc3,

I am really surprised to hear you have had so many problems. The reason I bought mine was because a guy at the track last year was blowing everyone's doors off and he was running manuel setup. I decided to get one and the car has been great I run manuel setup for foams and rubber.

For me the car has been extremely durable the only thing I did to mine was add the copper tubing and that is it. So far for a year and a half I broke a shock tower, pushed in a rear turnbuckle after bumping a board and had to replace my 2 speed one way.

If this chassis is good as everyone says my car will be awesome. I plan to get one tomorrow. Thanks guys for the feed back.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:15 AM   #266
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Impatient me does it again....

I had problems getting the rear brace screwed onto the chassis. in the process of sorting it out i have stressed the plastic on the brace. Spose i have to replace it now?

i'd post a picture, but my HP Camera is a heap of shit!
Old 07-23-2003, 03:10 PM   #267

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

Number 11- maybe I'm to picky, but when we went to race I had to carrry a pit box and starter box with me at all times. I use mega HP and the vibration and fuel delivery problems the car has really sucked. I made better chassis for vibraton, different fuel cells for delivery and cured most the leaning and overheating issuses. I always had to chase setups all day the car never stayed in tweak. I also hated that when ever you came off the turn and got in the throttle , you never knew which way the car was going to go! left,right,straight? Even with proper diff settings it done this. Now with the BMI chassis my car is fine with all stock stuff now, no issuses at all. So I kinda have to say it was in the chassis. It also melted or stripped diff gears until AE came out with the newer material gears. The BMI chassis is just more to my liking and the car works and responds better than before, the stock chassis is fine to alot of people but not me, I was never pleased with the flex and vibration it had. Granted the car was good in stock form with standard HP engines, but I refuse to use stock engines.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:10 PM   #268
Tech Master

Interesting I guess I was a little surprised to hear that you had so many issues. Besides the most common ones shock tower, rear toe links and fuel tanks I hadn't heard of many issues. I'm glad the car is working for you now.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:18 PM   #269
Tech Rookie

Post What to do...whattttt to do?

Got my Chassis today, excellent ship time and packing I must say...but now I'm stuck on what to do.

I have/had an RTR NTC3 til I dumped mucho buckos in it a couple weeks ago. It now has threaded shocks, front 1-way, graphite upgrade kit, front blade, the kit bumper setup, aluminum hinge braces-front & rear, Ti rods, SS screws, all the GH hop-ups, hi-tech servos...yadda yadda..........have NOT added the 2-speed to it, still running solo.....

Do I strip that car down, buy the 2-speed clutch...and put everything on The Chassis or do I purchase a kit NTC3 and start over? If I buy the kit and build a new one I won't be able to get that Nova motor im dying for a couple more weeks.

Any of you groovy cats have any input?

I did run across what I thought was a good buy at HobbyTown today, they had a Futaba servo, I think 9204 model (its still in the truck) retails $130...75% off.....picked it up for $40 bucks.....Use this for the steering servo???

Thanks for any input!
Chris
Ice FN Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 07:53 PM   #270
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: What to do...whattttt to do?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice FN Man
Got my Chassis today, excellent ship time and packing I must say...but now I'm stuck on what to do.

I have/had an RTR NTC3 til I dumped mucho buckos in it a couple weeks ago. It now has threaded shocks, front 1-way, graphite upgrade kit, front blade, the kit bumper setup, aluminum hinge braces-front & rear, Ti rods, SS screws, all the GH hop-ups, hi-tech servos...yadda yadda..........have NOT added the 2-speed to it, still running solo.....

Do I strip that car down, buy the 2-speed clutch...and put everything on The Chassis or do I purchase a kit NTC3 and start over? If I buy the kit and build a new one I won't be able to get that Nova motor im dying for a couple more weeks.

Any of you groovy cats have any input?

I did run across what I thought was a good buy at HobbyTown today, they had a Futaba servo, I think 9204 model (its still in the truck) retails $130...75% off.....picked it up for $40 bucks.....Use this for the steering servo???

Thanks for any input!
Chris
With all your hop ups i wouldnt spend another 250 on a kit. Get the motor instead. There really isnt much difference between the kit and the RTR. Just strip everything down and screw it back into the new chassis along with a new motor and the 2 speed. You'll be set. I dont know too much about servos, but go ahead and put that in too
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote