R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-01-2003, 04:49 PM   #136
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by hooked_on
"Officially Retired!" & having a massive R/C Car Sale...
Okay, short retirement,huh?
Jim Reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:04 PM   #137

Send a message via AIM to bbntc3

No guys, the chassis has nothing to do with stripping gears, if anything it should help with the gears. It has less flex so less pressure on shaft resulting in less pressure on the diff gears and brgs. Alot of the gear trouble is like Harry has said, hitting the wall on something on the throttle . The gears just won't take that kinda abuse. We always try to be off throttle when we hit something with the front. I usually strip the rear diffs instead of the fronts.
Hell, until the new gears came out we would strip a rear diff each weekend.
An easy way to tell if the gears are about to go in the front diff, is to check the up and down slop or play in the front input shaft. When the gears get wore down, you will have more than usual play in this area.
As far as chassis impressions go: I dunno what else to say? It's very sweet. The best money I think I have ever spent on the car. The car looks and is so much better planted to the track now. The car is so much easier to drive now and it stays consistant,
Hell, last weekend I think I took the body off the car maybe 3 times, once to replace the diff and the other 2 times to just make sure it was all still in there!
Cleanup is a breese now , without the upperdeck., a front servo can be change in less then 10 mins. I use the K factory steering rack also, 8 screws out and the front diff and steering assy. is removed.
I am completely content with the car now. I have no plans of jumping off the NTC3 boat, until maybe next season.
I have heard and confirmed rumors that someone here in the forums, but I will not name, has a very new, super light and totally different configuration for a shaft car.
It's due out sometime early next year I believe. I can't wait!.

Last edited by bbntc3; 07-01-2003 at 08:28 PM.
bbntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:33 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
good for you..Associated has said that the new gears are not delrin..

any more driving impressions of the chassis?
Damn, diff gears priced seperate use to be $2.50, now white diff gears are $4.00 and it's not Delrin? Hmmmmm! Teflon based maybe?
Old 07-01-2003, 07:53 PM   #139
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Where To Buy

Ok in 2 weeks I got a race and I don't want excuses. A more consistant car sounds good to me. Where do I get this chassis and what is the price? Looks good. BBNTC3 raves so much and I feel like I need one. Plus beyond that I just feel the car could handle better. So where do I sign up? [email protected] or [email protected]

Another note: crazynut racing clutch shoes, 3 shoe stock clutch or centax. Opinions please.

Last edited by Isaac; 07-01-2003 at 08:22 PM.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:13 PM   #140
Tech Fanatic

here is the info you need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=44017

or you can email jim reeves directly. [email protected]

I just ordered mine and it should be here in a few days.
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:36 PM   #141

I'm not trying to rave about the chassis just stating my results with it. It's been dialed with my usual setup for 2 local tracks since we sit the car on the track. I have not had to chase setups all day long like before. I'm a happy camper with it, for sure!
Old 07-01-2003, 09:41 PM   #142

Isaac: Not trying to cut on Crazynut but to me alum shoes will grab quicker but wear the clutchbell and shoes very fast. K-Factory centax is sweet, I use it! The smoothness and the adjustability of a centax is hard to beat!
Old 07-02-2003, 06:00 AM   #143
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Reeves
Okay, short retirement,huh?
LOL...
Old 07-02-2003, 02:27 PM   #144

Hey Jim, tried those CRC magnets yet? what did you think? Bob
Old 07-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #145
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey bb,im glad to see the chassis is working for you.every time i put my car on the track,it just works.sometimes my adjustments are less than perfect,it doesnt have much effect on its performance,it still works.lol..its nice to see that you dont have to chase your set ups anymore.that is the one thing that almost made me give up on the car.only reason why i didnt is because when it was handeling good,it was real good.now its always real good,actually its working alot better for me.im going racing saturday night,ill let ya know the results.thanks again for the good words.actually thank all of you guys for your support and interest in our chassis
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 03:46 AM   #146
Tech Adept

Still waiting shouldn't be to long now......
xray vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 04:47 PM   #147

Hi Jay. What's up? Yea man, I don't have to chase the car anymore. And the other nice point is, when it comes off the turn and you nail the throttle it goes straight? What gives with this? LOL

Got a very big race here tomorrow. Hard hitters come here from 3 states to play at this race. Can't wait to see what we can do with these guys now! I'll keep you posted! Bob
Old 07-04-2003, 05:13 PM   #148
Tech Adept

XRAY, it should be on the plane by now if it isn't already down under, let us know when it arrives. BTW, two more are on the way down too!
Good luck tomorrow Bob, wish we had that kind of challenge here, looks like we'll get rained out again, sunny Florida my A$$!!
Jim Reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 05:23 PM   #149
Tech Adept

I can't wait.....
F. Y. I. Last night at the logan Winter cup, a friend borrowed my hardcore...won all 3 qualifiers,Set fastest lap.....second in the final.
Pipe fell off... 20 sec's behind lost by 5sec's.
But tc3 all podium places.....
What cities are getting the chassis...?
Hooked on......Brisbane..
xray vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 05:40 PM   #150
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

give em hell tomorrow bob,im gonna try to at my race too.ill let ya know the results.im gonna try to set all kinds of track records.im gonna go over every adjustment and try a little stiffer spring combo,ive been running it really soft due to the bumps,im gonna try sway bars and 1 up on springs.i figure if i can just carry a little bit more speed through the sweepers,i will set track records that are damn hard to beat or even do again.lol
good luck man
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote