Community
Wiki Posts
Search

endurance racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default endurance racing

at one of our tracks they are going to have a 2 hour endurance race at the end of june. right now i am running mostly stock stuff. any suggestions on what spur gears and pinions will last that long? if so can you post a link? I have the mugen mr12 engine so i should have enough stamina. i just gotta richen it out a little. also if anyone has done an endurance race what tips can you give me? Thanx for the help

also, what kind of reciever battery will hold up for two hours? 1100mah? also what kind should i put in the transmitter that will hold up for 2 hours? for a reciever batter what are the best? I have a JR XRS3i.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll b hving 1 tat's is 6-hrs endurance race.....limit to 2 cars with 2 engines....with a team of 4 person....
I think the top of the list will be :

1-batteries
2-tyres
3-spurs n pinions
4-belts
5-glow plugs
6-arms

will b my first experience on this coming endurance race...
Old 06-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

I competed in a 24hr once and we only had 3 drivers. The most important thing is batteries. Forget about weight. Find the biggest mah set you can get your hands on and get 2 of them. That will see you through a 2 or 6 hr race.

I did a full 8hr stint none stop from 12midnight through to 8am and it was fun. You kinda go into a trance and you start driving like a robot. When I was relieved by the next driver I didnt even realise I had been racing 8hrs. It felt like the planned 2hrs we had agreed to do at a time. What I wasnt aware of was that the other 2 drivers had been sent to the hotel to get a good nights sleep.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

OMG...24 hrs...what happen to ur engine...poor car... but what an experience.... I persume u enjoyed urself
Old 06-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

I really enjoyed myself. I was voted to start first in our team due to the fact the track was sitting inch deep in water. We have videos of it and I have been planning to hook my video up to the computer and convert them to DivX or MPeg2.

We received 2 JP Rex 7-port Turbo .21's to run and 7 litres of fuel and 20 pairs of tires (but no wets which made the start interesting).

I still have one of the JP engines and it is still running strong after 9yrs. Has had a P/S change as it only lasted 2hrs due to rain and improper break in. Say 15mins before race started as per rules.

The funny thing about it was I was passing cars galour during my night stint and yet we still managed to end up over 250laps down on the leader. Typical French. Always making sure their home driver wins.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:18 PM
PMT
Tech Apprentice

I've done this twice before and have to say that it is probably one of the most fun things that you can do. The amount of track time that you get is well worth the hasle of preparing for the race.

We ran a 2 hour endurance race in which we used a Kawahara Mugen MTX-2. Basicaly the car had all of the hop up parts installed but I realy don't think that will make too much of a difference. What is important is to replace most of the plascti on the car with fresh parts. Especialy put all new belts and gears on it (no problem for 2 hours on new gears). We ran airtronics servo's, 2x 357's and for a battery pack we used a custom pack made out of 5x 1800 AA's. Make sure that you put a fresh pack in the car before the race and trickle charge it if possible. Have some extra tires trued and ready to install and extra plug and you should be ok. We had a 2 man team for the race and won by 50 laps. Most important thing is not being the fastest per lap but is not breaking anything!

The second race was an 8 hour 1/8th scale endurance race. This was another story entirely!
Old 06-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

The 1:8th endurance races really rock. The endurance I did was with an old Associated 500 Rear Wheel Drive Flat Bed Car. Those things are fun to drive. I had never drive one before (only 4WD with IS) and due to missing a boat on the way over to France (the other guys car broke down on the motorway) I didnt get practising as we arrived just as they shut the track. So I had to start a race in a pond (for a better word) with no track time and no experience with the cars.

I am hoping to do it again sometime and if I do get the chance to I will definately be producing my own car from scratch as I really love how those cars drive.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Man I'd love to do an endurance race ! The longer the better !
Old 06-05-2003, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PMT
Most important thing is not being the fastest per lap but is not breaking anything!
The place that is going to be hosting the event said the main thing is to stay consistent and not overdrive the car and break it. go slow and pace yourself. I will get some new parts and replace them a few days before the race.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We're having a 2 hour enduro end of this month. 4 men team, running 15 minutes at a time for maxium of 1/2 hr per racer.

We had a blast last year and it rained. Had a good time driving in the rain.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There's a few good tips here
Old 06-05-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by RoyU
We're having a 2 hour enduro end of this month. 4 men team, running 15 minutes at a time for maxium of 1/2 hr per racer.

We had a blast last year and it rained. Had a good time driving in the rain.
how did you drive in the rain? didn't the electronics get wet?
Old 06-05-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mistercrash
Great stuff! thanx for the tip
Old 06-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

I have an endurance racing (nitro .12 200mm IFMAR Based Rule Book) this July 12 and 13th ... the track its :

http://www.rcperformance.com.br/corridas/pista-sp.html

The race its a 200 lap race wich its about 1 hour and 20 minutes of racing.

Any tip/Advice ?
Old 06-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mistercrash
Great that refreshing the idea...thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.