R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Rocha View Post
Why? G4 is made in Taiwan but is winning races, nothing wrong made in taiwan everything good. what radio you use M11 = china, Futaba = taiwan just a few that maybe you don't know where is made.
come on........

team magic took 3 years of R&D to manufacture a competitive 1:10 car and it came true only after tight colaboration with Dario Balestri and Darren Johson where the most important modifications in transmission and rear suspension came from.......

through it all you are talking about a US$400 1:10 car and I personally race with one and I can say the aluminum parts are very poor quality and finish (take a close look to the surface of aluminum parts), the shocks were not very precise until the G4+ (more than US$600) and G4RS versions releasing, and so on.........

we pay almost the same we would pay for other car like Kyosho and Xray for a poor quality model which requires experience to build a winning car......

and I use KO Propo radio..........but for electronic stuff no problem being a taiwanese made product as they don't have rotation parts, clutch, brakes and don't go themselves at full throtle hairpins at 90km/h

I don't need to extend anymore.......... but you want to compare a racing car to a model which is not developed for this proposal........I'm not saying it's a piece of crap and I'm sure a good driver will do very well with one, but for me it's not enough to be a racing car, it's much more than an OEM car packed and baptized with a new name, there are too many things behind designing a racing car and making it race proven specially at world level in 1:8 class..........
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #32
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Skype™ to pursuitracin
Default Pre-Order PT1 online

Hi all now you can preorder you PURSUIT-PT1 online and you do not have to pay now just when you get it. www.pursuitracing.com/index.php
pursuitracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #33
Tech Rookie

Default WHY PRE ORDER

Why preorder when we have all Motonica kits, parts, accessories, in stock right now.
Thanks Paul
WWW.MOTONICAUSA.COM
PAULQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Because the PT is the Bomb.
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #35
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

a bomb waiting to explode!!haha. why get the pricy one.get PT1 its afordable to the masses. ill agree its the driver not the car.if collari drives it he'll make it to the top 10.
moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #36
Tech Rookie

It's my personal opinion that a better car will make you a better driver because it that much easier to drive fast. And how much is it worth if you can go faster. And if you are breaking stuff because the stuff is poorly designed or cheap grade plastic and metal's what good is that. The reason the Motonica is more because it is of a higher quality and the euro is way stronger then the dollar right now. Just something to think about.
Paul
WWW.MOTONICAUSA.COM
PAULQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Let me remind you the first Motonica was a very dificult car, there was no overall good setup out of the box and so a lot of people did throw it away.
I personally did do a testdrive with the Protech VXR8 which was a earlier version of te PT1 and I must say it was no winner unless you made a lot of changes.

Yes, the Motonica 8.0 is a good car compared to its first model so I think de PT1 as an evolution on the XR8 must be better than it was....

But then again, I am driving Mugen for a long time since the Sting model and had no problems with all models. I love the wide support and how easy it is to get parts but also how the cars drive out of the box.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #38
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

as what i say their both good cars. both will run good with the right setup and right tuning on the motor.theres no FAST car.and all cars do breaks,whatever you are running kyosho,mugen,serpent,..for me i will get the car that i can easyly get parts locally.
moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
Because the PT is the Bomb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moy View Post
as what i say their both good cars. both will run good with the right setup and right tuning on the motor.theres no FAST car.and all cars do breaks,whatever you are running kyosho,mugen,serpent,..for me i will get the car that i can easyly get parts locally.

RCRjuanabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #40
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Skype™ to pursuitracin
Default New Clutch bell

Ok Drivers let's see how the performance of the pursuit on the first race of the year
pursuitracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #41
Tech Rookie

Hello to all out there .
Iīam new in here and I live in germany ..so excuse if my english is not so perfect . I try to explain as best I can .

Ok . I only wanted to say that I got both cars . I use Motonica since 2 years and I have to say that it is maybe the best car ever builded . But what the Information about news and others are very bad from site of this company. I got a lot of connections to Italy and I can say that if I didnīt have this connection I didnīt now nothing about news and changes of the Motonica .Next year there will be a New Car from Motonica ..maybe a new Up-Grade Kit .

Do you know this ? Do you know that maybe the upper rear wings will be fixed like conventional cars with pins and not with Kingpin ??

But if we want to talk about performance , than the Motonica is a real Race Car .

Reguarding the Razor ( I call it so..) I can say that we dont have to confuse the facts . I have build up a Razor and I can say that never befor I builded up a 1/8th scale race car in so a short time . You donīt need nothing like Grinding maschines or other as your screwdrivers . All fits perfectly . The wings mooves very smooth without stucking from beginning .
Maybe its not an Innovation ....OK but it isnīt a Toy . Itīs a real Race Car too . The Razor after I tested it I was pretty impressed . The car seems to run like all other cars . It do very quick direction changes .Very stable under pressure .
The materials like the plastics are very hard and you can feel that this are charged with carbon . The steel parts are from highest quality . It got kardans on the front out of the Box like Mugen MRX 4 .
For afordable price you got all you need to compete with the best race cars .

EDAM has done a good Job in reworking the concept . So please forget XR8... The Razor is a very competitive car . Easy to set . Quick response in setup changes ....

Motonica isnīt so easy to set .....Motonica is not so easy to build up like the Razor . On the Motonica you have to do some grinding works here and there. To get a freely mooving rear train you have do some preaches in church an lighting up some candels

And I find it a good Idea to bring out two versions . One for the pro drivers ( Razor ) and one RTR ( Excer ) for those who like only the advertisment or lounging in to this sport without spending to much money .

I hope that EDAM will be respected for this very good car . Its ever hard to rebuild something that got mistakes in the past . But I think they will do it right !
BR
Gio
Gioracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #42
Tech Apprentice

sorry

Last edited by Leichtmetall; 08-23-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Leichtmetall is offline   Reply With Quote