R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOPROPO TECH View Post
"All cars are good."

"Why only limit the question to Motonica vs Pursuit? "

"I agree with Garen. All the 1/8th scales today are worthy of racing. I think you should focus on your parts availability and maybe what others run at your track. This will help out in the long run for more then one reason. I think you need to broaden your range of cars available to you."

When this thread was created it was asking a specific question as to which car was better. As I have stated earlier, that is a very broad question and I do not believe that is simply a matter as to what is better or worse or good or bad because there are many factors involved in defining an opinion of a car. However, being that I have now had the chance to use both cars, I felt that I was in a position to answer the question and I have.

As far as parts availability is concerned, orders are being prepared at this time and parts availability will not be a problem.
Yes, I will agree with you somewhat. However you can't really give an answer to this question, only your opinion. So in essence you didn't truly answer the question. I personally have found the Motonica to be superior to ANY other brand when it comes to durability and reliability. Top notch materials. And as far as everyone asking why only limit these 2 cars when there is 3 or 4 more major players out there it a ligitimate question for us to ask E.Rocha. If he has never ran 8th scale and everyone at his local track runs Mugen and the hobby store in his town carries Mugen, then maybe Mugen is best for him. But we don't know that, so we ask WHY only these 2 cars?? Honestly these 2 cars are on totally oposite ends of the spekrum. The Motonica is quite a bit more advanced as far as engineering design and price compared to the more simplictic design of the PT1. Not to mention they are on totally different price ranges. No, this is not a simple question at this point because we don't have enough information to answer it properly. Again, this is why we asked E.Rocha some questions to help understand his situation. One car may work better for one driver and another car might work better for a different driver. So for you to say the PT1 is the better choice is right for you but maybe not for someone else. In fact maybe the Serpent or Mugen or even Kyosho is the best car for E.Rocha. But then again, until he gets on here and gives us some input, all we can do is speculate.

So in my opinion, the MOTONICA is by far the better car to get. After all it was in the top 10 at the recent world event in Argentina. Of coarse this is set up and driver skill, but it shows that it has what it takes to be a World champion. I personally didn't see any PT1's at the Worlds, but there might have been. Does this mean the PT1 isn't capable of winning a World event...no, I'm simply pointing out facts about the Worlds event and my opinion about the Motonica. I have heard some realy good things about the PT1, just not very much has been available to the public or at least here on RCtech about the car. It looks very basic and simple in design, but there's nothing wrong with that either.

So E.Rocha, why are you asking about just these 2 cars? Also can you be more specific as far as what you are going to do with this car or what type of track you race on? Like a permanent track or parking lot track. High bite or low bite. Are there other racers you know and what do they run. Is there a hobby store you have access to that carries ANY cars or parts at all, even just tires? What is your skill level for 1:8th scale onroad racing. Do you already own all the equipment to support these cars. Do you have a certain budget you need to stick to? By giving us more information, we can all help you make the proper desition here. Other then what we already know, all your going to get is peoples opinions, nothing more. So let us know what's up so we can help. Later.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd View Post
.... I personally didn't see any PT1's at the Worlds, but there might have been. ...
There's a link to pictures of them at the Worlds in this news post.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady View Post
There's a link to pictures of them at the Worlds in this news post.
Cool dude, thanks for the link. Looks like a decent car for sure. All I can say is that I am glad to see more manufacturers out there supporting our hobby. The more the merier!! Thanks again Sow&Steady.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Serpentd,

To respond to your post #16 I will would like clarify for the sake of communication. If you read back to post #9 I answered E. Rocha's question of which of the two was faster and easier to drive. I wrote how I felt about the car and also stated that it was in my opinion. And I agree with you in that I really didn't answer the question as to which car was better as I had stated in post #15, only gave my opinion and I will clarify that as well.
KOPROPO TECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Serpentd,

To respond to your post #16 I will would like clarify for the sake of communication. If you read back to post #9 I answered E. Rocha's question of which of the two was faster and easier to drive. I wrote how I felt about the car and also stated that it was in my opinion. And I agree with you in that I really didn't answer the question as to which car was better as I had stated in post #15, only gave my opinion and I will clarify that as well.
That's cool bro. I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you. Sorry if it came accross this way. That was not my intentions at all. Thank you for pointing this out for me. You are correct with your statement, I assumed incorrectly to your post. You were simply pointing out your opinion, nothing else. My appologies.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentd View Post
That's cool bro. I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking you. Sorry if it came accross this way. That was not my intentions at all. Thank you for pointing this out for me. You are correct with your statement, I assumed incorrectly to your post. You were simply pointing out your opinion, nothing else. My appologies.
No worries, no hard feelings here.

Last edited by KOPROPO TECH; 12-11-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Is this the same car as the EDAM Razor 1/8 car from a couple months ago, or a reworked PRP XR-8 kit?
DogboneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Took the time to check the manual, which answered my question.
DogboneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogboneS View Post
Is this the same car as the EDAM Razor 1/8 car from a couple months ago, or a reworked PRP XR-8 kit?
I saw the car and it had edam all over the parts? I think I will get one because they are affordable and i'm friends with Terry. I firmly believe it's the driver not the car
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173588
Old 12-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogboneS View Post
Yes, the car is the same as the Edam Razor with a new name. The chassis is not a reworked XR-8 but an entirely new chassis design.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing View Post
there's nothing to compare between a racing car and a cheap Taiwanese model.........

you can compare Motonica vs Serpent vs Mugen vs Kyosho vs Shepherd and nothing else......
Why? G4 is made in Taiwan but is winning races, nothing wrong made in taiwan everything good. what radio you use M11 = china, Futaba = taiwan just a few that maybe you don't know where is made.
E.Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
"you said you have 2 cars, so which one you faster and easy drive."

Well, since you are now asking for my personal opinion, I liked the PT1. It was easy to drive out of the box.
Then PT 1 better car correct?
E.Rocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Rocha View Post
Then PT 1 better car correct?
For me, yes, it was better.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)