R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Lsd Diff (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/1948-lsd-diff.html)

LURCH 12-15-2001 05:02 PM

Lsd Diff

I DON'T SEE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN INTERNAL PARTS BETWEEN A LSD DIFF AND A STANDARD GEAR DIFF. HOW DOES A LSD DIFF AFFECT THE HANDLING?

Ah10 12-15-2001 10:01 PM

Re: Lsd Diff

Originally posted by LURCH
I DON'T SEE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN INTERNAL PARTS BETWEEN A LSD DIFF AND A STANDARD GEAR DIFF. HOW DOES A LSD DIFF AFFECT THE HANDLING?
I am not sure if you are referring to Negative Diff that made by Kawahara or Kyosho.

Anyway, Negative diff VS standart gear diff:

Standard Gear Diff only have gears inside the diff obviously! and you will need to fill it with different weight of diff oil to make the gear diff loose or tight depending on what weight of oil you put in there!

Negative Diff, actually it has 2 different housing and sealed from each other and they are side by side. The only thing that go between both housing is the left outter drive. The housing on the right has regular gears that you put into regular gear diff and you will also need to fill it with diff oil,(different weight of oil will result loose diff or tight diff) and on the left side of the gear diff housing which is another housing that has 2 fingers clutch in there.

The concept is when the whole rear diff that pulls by the belt spins fast enough then the clutch will engage by concentric force then it will become a solid axle but when you slow down the concentric force is not enough to spin the finger type clutch fast enough so it will disengage then you will have diff action.

So the best effect or result from a Negative Diff is to use light weight of diff oil or diff lube to allow really smooth diff action for tight corners and when you punch out of the corners then it becomes solid axle and the car will rocket out the corners also the car will be much stable on highspeed straight away!

Hope that will help!

LURCH 12-16-2001 07:11 PM

diff

THANKS FOR THE REPLY BUT WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT WAS THE KYO # VZW009 LSD DIFF (TOWER CALLS IT A TCD GEAR SET # LXAVW8 FOR $81.99)

vapourtrail 12-17-2001 02:13 AM

Lurch,

R-U in NY?

Mauler 12-17-2001 10:53 PM

Re: diff

Originally posted by LURCH
THANKS FOR THE REPLY BUT WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT WAS THE KYO # VZW009 LSD DIFF (TOWER CALLS IT A TCD GEAR SET # LXAVW8 FOR $81.99)
LSD works on the basis of friction acting on the floating blocks and the bevels... the TCD liquid is a lub and a coolant... when there is too much friction on the blocks, the gears and the blocks expands and thus locks up the whole system... with the presence of the fluid, the system unlocks itself rapidly... when there is a difference in torque transmission, the sytem locks up again...

One difference between the LSD and the negative diff is that the LSD does not lock up at a specific RPM, but the negative diff does... Depending on how you want your car to perform, the 2 diffs serves very different purposes...

bugnet 08-28-2007 01:05 PM

getting on an old topic to not open a new one,
is usefull an LSD diff on a FW-05T ?
guessing because of engine ´low´ power

thanks

inutel 09-10-2007 08:30 PM

i'm reading about the negative differential i think it will be good to my car, but i'm looking all over online but i can't find anywhere to buy. Can anybody tell me where to buy it..... thanks

bugnet 09-28-2007 07:01 AM

well, it works fine on FW-05T, not too much improvement, hugely recommend use of diff metal gearbox (3Racing on FW, Kyosho VZW020 on V1RRR)