2008 1/8 ON-Road Nationals @301 raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 1/8 ON-Road Nationals @301 raceway

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Attached Thumbnails 2008 1/8 ON-Road Nationals @301 raceway-_dsc9101.jpg   2008 1/8 ON-Road Nationals @301 raceway-_dsc8040.jpg   2008 1/8 ON-Road Nationals @301 raceway-_dsc8657.jpg  
Old 09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice pics Dchester...
Old 09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

congrats scott !!!!! way to go . poalo good job 960 '08 was running hard
Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Congrats Eli!! Great job! See ya soon.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

I want to thank Chris Witney for the putting on such a great race. Roar did a great job with the nationals and the handling of the rain situation. I had a great time racing on a track that has amazing traction a great crew and a well deserved reputation on being one of the best races in the US.

I want to thank Max Power for the Awesome power, Twister tires for the great shoes,Maxys fuel for the great run time. The race was a special event and having the Ifmar worlds here is going to be super nice. I want to thank Roniel for the good pit work he was there for me in Qualifying and Racing.

CWIT sorry for the mess we left behind at the track. I had a great time. Can we just make all the Nationals at 301 and Kissimmee.. The two best tracks in the US.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DChester
Somebody needs to get that man a bandaid.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

That sucks

hazards of turn marshalling
Old 09-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

I just got home.

Report, photos, equipment lists, etc., will be posted on SGrid Online, www.sgrid.com by late tonight or tomorrow. All the other updates, additions, etc., will be done by then as well.

I'll have some more photos posted here as well.

The full report with lots of details will be published in an upcoming issue of RC Car Magazine.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

congrats to scott kimbrow and eli ezrow nice job.

Tommy D
Old 09-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tommy

tommy how did u do ?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by isuzuguy
tommy how did u do ?
He stayed home and played X-Box..............LOL!!!

Just kidding Tommy!!! See you in a few weeks.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Race report and finals standings are now posted on SGrid. Photos and driver equipment list should be completed by mid-afternoon or so.

The slide show image gallery (flash format) should be posted by this evening.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where should I begin...

Scott K.: Man, the way you ran this Nationals you would think 301 is your home track! Much respect for winning again at 301 Raceway. We're always happy to have you run here and spread the word about the facility.

Mike S.: All the hopes of the Mugen faithful at 301 were riding with you man! You ran great qualifier times and had the lead, but time and unforeseen occurrences befall us all. Wish it could have been a better outcome, but you did us proud.

Paolo: I watched the A Main with 2 Serpent faithful drivers. Even being a Mugen driver myself, you did not disappoint. Congrats.

Eli: All week, the money in the Masters was between you and Keely. Even though he had some problems in the main, you still drive teh wheels off that car. Congrats and much respect.

Bob Van Wag: How you manage only to run the big events and still be right in the mix I'll never know, but it's a testament to being consistent. Great run.

Mike K: Although you were stoned faced most of the event, and it didn't end quite the way you wanted it to, you made 301 proud. Much props and respect for all your work on and off the track. a true gentlemen and scholar.

Vince: You're the main reason I made it to the track Sunday. After seeing you made the main online, I had no choice but to high tail it up there, regardless of what was going on at my house! The entire 301 massive was pulling for you. Even without the win, watching you drive on 3 1/2 wheels was something to behold. Congrats on representing 301 at the highest level.

To all the 301 crew and the NYC crew that came out (way too many to name right now) a healthy round of applause and THANK YOU for coming out to support the track maintenance before and after the race and putting on a show for everyone. Good to see that on road racing is not dead yet!

Ted X in the orange ROAR shirt: The best announcer in the biz. I can see you on the call at an F1 race or Le Mans. As usual, you made the race something special. Whether you were at the track or watching online, you knew what was going on in every heat, every main. Keep doing what you do, buddy!

Finally, the man with the plan, Mr. Chris Whitney. As often as you hear the tanks, it's probably never going to be enough. From having the dream and drive to get the Nats at 301, to all the work you had to get done before, during, and after the race to get the facility over the top, and all the help you gave to everyone that needed it, all while putting it down in a class you don't even run that often (remember, you're a SEDAN guy! We still need you to hold the fort!), it was a sight to behold. Your tireless work and attitude permeates thru everyone that runs at 301 and continues to have an impact felt across the nation. In a time where off road gets most of the attention, you've managed to put together a track and organization that has hosted and/or put on world class racing every year. From the seasoned pro to the beginner, everyone feels welcome at the track, and a large part of that is because of your hard work. Thank you, thank you and THANK YOU.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

special thanks goes out too CWITT, Ted and 301 crew, great job and the hospitality was awesome #1. You guys are a class act and I meet some great new friends from around the states. Everybody was friendly and the racing was off the hook. Congratulations to all the racers for some great racing on the fastest track in the country. Congrats to all the podium finishers and specially the winners Scott Kimbrow and Eli Ezirow, there was some close racing in the A mains. Special thanks goes out to Mike Swauger from Mugen for helping me make the A main, it would not even been close to possible without all his help, the JP Power is unbelievable horse power and Byron Fuel worked flawlessly as soon as it was dropped in the car late Thursday. Thanks to my friend Harry Hananuchi and Steve Sohlman for all there help all weekend. Big props goes to the "Big Man" Brian Thomas and Steve Blair for their outstanding pit work for me in the A main with some of the fastest pit stops all weekend and for "Texas" Terry Brown, your awesome dude and thank you for the $50.00 dollars, now if I can get the $100.00 dollars and YBSLOW Brad, LOL.
ALCOHOL makes you do funny things, LMAO.

Thanks guys for the fun after Friday, LOL. Tuesday thru Thursday you might have put a gun to my head, LOL.

Billy Bowerman

Mugen, JP Engines, Byrons Fuel for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ???

Billy B you have PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.