R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-07-2003, 06:56 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

Check out this article written in RC Car Action a while ago, it tells you how to prepare for an endurance race, it is extremely helpful. They have things in that article that are very innovative and you would never think of, such as putting a throttle linkage coller on the pipe hanger.

http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/onehour.asp
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 10:56 AM   #32
Tech Master

Here is a link for the track which I did the 24hr endurance at.

http://m.a.s.c.free.fr/

If you click on the link 'La Piste' it will show you an aerial shot of the track layout.

If you click on the link '24hr de Chateauroux' and then on the picture link for 1994 you will see the track conditions I had to endure for most of the race. Really wet and only foam slicks.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:17 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I did a 4 hour once 3 guys 2 cars. take everything you will never expect to break and everything you do. LOL It was tough. We ran 500+ laps on cincinatti's track and when it was over the cars and engines were really tired. so were we we had 1 car go out early in an unrepairable crash so one car got the snot driven out of it.

24 I cant even fathom it. How many laps did you guys run. Did you all stop by the trash can on the way out and drop your cars in it ?
Old 06-08-2003, 12:20 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

how about air filter? any protection???
rcsabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 01:07 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor

If you click on the link 'La Piste' it will show you an aerial shot of the track layout.

If you click on the link '24hr de Chateauroux' and then on the picture link for 1994 you will see the track conditions I had to endure for most of the race. Really wet and only foam slicks.
By the looks of that track and the rain did anyone catch pnemonia? My god. that must have been the longest 24 hours of your life.
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 02:13 PM   #36
Tech Master

Yeah, it is tough. I did 8 full hours straight on my own from 12midnight. There were a lot of things binned at the end. We destroyed 2 receivers and 4 servos. (Just glad we were driving the old flatbed 2WD 1:8th cars. Everything just lifts out and easy swapped). We kept a complete spare rear end pre-built so if we broke the drive built it was just a case of remove 6 screws and bolt the other one on.

We covered a good 4000+ laps with average laps being around 20secs. It rained hard for the first few hours before finally letting us get some real racing going.

We didnt have an air filter protector. Just replaced it every couple of hours to keep things running smooth. The first engine seized after a couple of hours (I reckon it was a mixture of improper breakin and the amount of rain going in through the carb).

We have a video of the event and I am going to hook it up to the computer and convert it to DivX or MPlayer for people to download.

I am going to contact the organisers to get entry for the 2004 event. Only problem is I dont have a Flatbed car now so I will have to design one from scratch for the job. Just glad all we have to supply is chassis and radio gear. The organisers supplied a sponsor for each team who covers the engines, fuel, tires, shells (pre-sprayed) and night glo sticks.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:57 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah, it is tough. I did 8 full hours straight on my own from 12midnight. There were a lot of things binned at the end. We destroyed 2 receivers and 4 servos. (Just glad we were driving the old flatbed 2WD 1:8th cars. Everything just lifts out and easy swapped). We kept a complete spare rear end pre-built so if we broke the drive built it was just a case of remove 6 screws and bolt the other one on.

We covered a good 4000+ laps with average laps being around 20secs. It rained hard for the first few hours before finally letting us get some real racing going.

We didnt have an air filter protector. Just replaced it every couple of hours to keep things running smooth. The first engine seized after a couple of hours (I reckon it was a mixture of improper breakin and the amount of rain going in through the carb).

We have a video of the event and I am going to hook it up to the computer and convert it to DivX or MPlayer for people to download.

I am going to contact the organisers to get entry for the 2004 event. Only problem is I dont have a Flatbed car now so I will have to design one from scratch for the job. Just glad all we have to supply is chassis and radio gear. The organisers supplied a sponsor for each team who covers the engines, fuel, tires, shells (pre-sprayed) and night glo sticks.
If i was more experineced I would LOVE to do something like that. sounds like alot of fun.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:43 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

how about the transponder ?? personal one or the rechargeble do they change the transponder half way for recharging???
rcsabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 05:01 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:

We've entered for a (three car team) three hour enduro next weekend.
This must look like a sprint compared to your effort.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:18 AM   #40
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rcsabah
how about the transponder ?? personal one or the rechargeble do they change the transponder half way for recharging???
I dont think you could use rechargeable transponders. I believe they are program specific and you can only use the set designated to that particular run. This would mean you couldnt change them without resetting the computer to start from new again. We didnt have transponders on our cars back then and all lap counting was done manually. (Probably the reason why our lap count and the control lap count was very different . Somehow, even are I lapped the eventual winners so many times I lost count they still finished some 200+ laps ahead to win the race . And guess what. They were the local team )
Old 06-10-2003, 01:22 AM   #41
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

how much fuel would u go thru in a 2 hour race.... sounds fun...
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 08:12 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by sausage_link
how much fuel would u go thru in a 2 hour race.... sounds fun...
Say, 70cc every five minutes . . . . 1.68 litres.
It's the tyres I'd be thinking about.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:49 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Say, 70cc every five minutes . . . . 1.68 litres.
It's the tyres I'd be thinking about.
and the batteries