R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-02-2003, 05:41 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Which body offers the most steering?

Same as topic, I'm looking for a touring car sedan body that offers the most steering. I noticed there is a lot of new bodies out there like the stratus 2.1 and crowd pleazer. Anyone tried the crown pleazer, sort have seems like the Alfa body which I love in electric.

Thanks for any help.
rcpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:48 PM   #2
Tech Master

The most agressive body for steering is supposed to be the Protoform Alfa 156. I have never tried this shell (I mainly run either the Protoform Stratus or Lola shells) so I cant say yes personally but it is a general concensus with people i know that have tried it.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:53 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

as a saloon Alfa no question. I cant run one on my MTX3 without continual traction roll. Only thing that has more is the VDS
Old 06-02-2003, 06:01 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies. I didn't even notice there was an alfa body for 200mm, its the 156 model after looking at the protoform site. I will give that a try for sure.

One last question, which body has more steering between the regular stratus and the 2.1?

Thanks.
rcpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 06:33 PM   #5
Tech Master

I think the 2.1 stratus gives more steering than the older shape. I actually still use the older version as I find these cars produce more than enough steering anyhow due to their size.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:40 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have tried the old stratus, the stratus 2.1, and the Opel Astra that Protoform made. Off those bodies the 2.1, IMO, is the most neutral, the old stratus had more rear bite, and the Astra even more. I havent tried cutting the wing mounts on the Astra yet, though.

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by nitrodude
I have tried the old stratus, the stratus 2.1, and the Opel Astra that Protoform made. Off those bodies the 2.1, IMO, is the most neutral, the old stratus had more rear bite, and the Astra even more. I havent tried cutting the wing mounts on the Astra yet, though.

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP
Try....Honda RSX...
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:32 PM   #8
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
I think the 2.1 stratus gives more steering than the older shape. I actually still use the older version as I find these cars produce more than enough steering anyhow due to their size.
That's strange... I thought the older Stratus gave more steering. The 2.1 Stratus has a longer rear body and a larger wing. It has more downforce but lesser steering. Good for high speed tracks but not so for the smaller tight tracks. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I've experienced.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 10:09 PM   #9
Tech Master

Thats possible InitialD. I only ran it one day to try and just happened I had more steering than normal that day. Its possible it was the car set up and not the shell giving me the steering.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:49 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Perhaps its just that different people have different driving styles. I used to take steering out of my cars, couple months ago I did a 180 and wanted more steering, I had to change my set up.

Thanks,

Steven Muller
MPP
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 08:46 PM   #11
Tech Adept

PROTOform's Chrysler's 300m has proven to be a very popular body style with the RC sedan crowd. It has been modified slightly to better suit the high speeds of the nitro-tourers.

Damo
VoneRkid is offline   Reply With Quote