R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #16
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

do you guys know of any big tracks in AZ because my home is to small for 1/8 most of the guys go to vegas
srsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4#1 View Post
I talked with an experienced racer and he recommend the Mega ZX DSII EDO modified with 2052 pipe and header. I haven't seen the engine being sold here in Asia yet but the site I did find (mainly Dutch RC sites) have the engine available. Prices do look good. Anyone here give it try yet?

Rob
very good engine Mega DSII, you can also try with a pipe 2013 too...

ciao
gianni
serpentmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

we tried the mega ds II with the 2018 pipe and-good all around- easy to tune
and good run time
Old 11-21-2007, 12:15 PM   #19
Tech Adept

picco p9 best bang for the buck out there it is the easiest to break in and run great w/o mod but if you want mod murnan does modify them tons of torquegreat run time
Old 11-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ESWLFSE

There seem to be the money-is-no-object favorites and the bang-for-buck favorites. I went with the P9 for value since I'm sure I won't notice the performance difference over the double-priced engines if the pros aren't even sure that its there all the time.
ESWLFSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:24 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESWLFSE View Post
There seem to be the money-is-no-object favorites and the bang-for-buck favorites. I went with the P9 for value since I'm sure I won't notice the performance difference over the double-priced engines if the pros aren't even sure that its there all the time.
...Dude, I hear ya man!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #22
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESWLFSE View Post
You won't be dissapointed at all, you will have more than enough power to hang with the more expensive motors
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:07 PM   #23
Tech Regular

so what motor should I pick up for my first 1/8 scale 2008 seasen

will be running at 301 in MD thinking RB just iffy with AAC piston,sleave (should I be) liking the OS any input
8lackflagracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lackflagracing View Post
so what motor should I pick up for my first 1/8 scale 2008 seasen

will be running at 301 in MD thinking RB just iffy with AAC piston,sleave (should I be) liking the OS any input
Dude, the ONLY RB engine with the AAC Sleeve is the Xenon R. So you still have the C6 or the regular Xenon that are both ABC if your not comfortable with the AAC material. I would recommend the C6 if you want RB. You will have more then enough power and longevity with this engine. I've always ran RB (about ten years) and never had an issue or parts failure EVER!!
As far as the AAC, you might not get the same life out of the P/S, but that all depends on how well you take care of your engines as well as breakin. I would say for comparison purposes, a C6 could last 6 gallons and the Xenon R would last 5 gallons. I don't know because that Xenon R is pretty damn fast. But the C6 is Awesome as well. I haven't personally ran my Zenon R yet because my C6 is lasting forever! I have about 4.5 gallons through it, maybe more, but it's still as strong as ever. Oh I love my RB engines!!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #25
Tech Regular

love RD been running them for years .12 onroad and 1/8 offroad looking at the c6 for my 1/8 onroad to. When I make my mind up I will (let it eat)
Old 11-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lackflagracing View Post
love RD been running them for years .12 onroad and 1/8 offroad looking at the c6 for my 1/8 onroad to. When I make my mind up I will (let it eat)
What OS?? I know OS is finally making some serious stuff now, however I can't see them coming close to compairison to the RB C6 or Xenon. But then again I've never seen one run. I would stick with what already works good, since you have ran RB in the past, then you know what I mean.

**8lackflagracing you have PM.**
Old 11-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #27
Tech Regular

now you have PM
Old 11-25-2007, 04:54 PM   #28
Tech Adept

SerpentD - Steve Rossi was using an OS when racing with us last year except the last race where he was breaking in his big motors for Nats.

The OS motor (I'm not sure about the new one that is suppose to be coming out) is alright. You're not going to win a power/torque war with Novarossi, Sirio, RB, etc.

I personally favor any mill that is Novarossi based. They are the top dog for a reason and you're not going to beat the quality. The downside is you're going to pay a price for the quality.

I've seen the Mega DSII run, not very impressed with the power.

Novarossi, RB, Sirio, and Ninja motors are all great motors.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:02 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
SerpentD - Steve Rossi was using an OS when racing with us last year except the last race where he was breaking in his big motors for Nats.

The OS motor (I'm not sure about the new one that is suppose to be coming out) is alright. You're not going to win a power/torque war with Novarossi, Sirio, RB, etc.

I personally favor any mill that is Novarossi based. They are the top dog for a reason and you're not going to beat the quality. The downside is you're going to pay a price for the quality.

I've seen the Mega DSII run, not very impressed with the power.

Novarossi, RB, Sirio, and Ninja motors are all great motors.
Agreed 100%. The RB engines like the C6 is Nova based and the Xenon I believe is Sirio based. But I will ALWAYS prefer an Novarossi or RB over any other engine. Price is higher yes, but you get what you pay for.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:53 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The novarossi 321P is a great motor. There are many people at my club who run them and they are very fast and extremely easy to tune. Reliability is one of the motors best traits. And the price is less then most high end motors.
JASON MAC is offline   Reply With Quote