R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-07-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Inferno Gt vs FW-05T

I wish to buy either Inferno Gt or FW-05T but don't know how to choose.

I see from youtube that FW-05T is also very fast.

Some say that the acceleration and speed of FW-05T is faster than Inferno GT.

Please help.

Regards,
Victor
vic88my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Dude, are you still trying to decide on a car bro?? Well I'm glad your doing your homework here and looking in the right direction now. The 2 cars you mentioned are quite different. I don't know much about the FW-05T, but I am guessing that it is a 10th scale touring car. Where as the Inferno GT is an 1/8th scale. I can tell you that they will both be plenty fast where you can easily so 4WD burn outs on the street. The Inferno will be LOTS more durable and be able to handle any punishment. Also the Inferno takes the larger engines .21-.28 and this means they will last longer, easier to tune, be more reliable and in the long run be more fun. It becomes a huge bummer when all you want to do is run your car and you have nothing but problems. The Inferno will give you much less problems in the long run, escpecially if your new to Nitro. The only reason I would look into the FW-05T is if you plan on racing it at your local club if you have one. If you are not going to attend races at a race track, then i would opt for the Inferno. Don't let those vidios fool you. The Inferno GT has LOTS of grunt and speed because of the size engine it has. Plus with it being bigger, it is easier to see at a distance. I personally think that you get a lot more car for the money with the Inferno GT. But if you want to LEARN about touring cars to eventually race, then you might want to go with the FW. If your not going to race, and just want to have hours of fun, The Inferno is the way to go. You would probably wear out more then 3 touring cars compaired to one Inferno. The inferno is just SUPER strong and VERY tough. If your were in an accident with the Inferno GT and you broke it, then that same accident would probably destroy half of the FW. So this decision I think depends on are you going to race, also can you get parts for the cars? If your new to Nitro, I trully think that the Inferno is the way to go. Good luck bro.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Thanks a lot for your reply. No choice, too many things to buy, limited resources, so, have to think carefully being tight on budget. I used to spend a lot on RC products eg electric heli, electric cars, 2wd nitro 1/10, some from china, some are good, but some are just junks. wasting my hard earned money.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The GT is just plain fun... race it.... run it on the street... just plain fun.

1/10th scale is more serious and faster...
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:39 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

One problem with GT is that, the costs of the parts eg. the body is expensive. We can get body for FW-05 at about USD40.00 painted but USD85.00 ( correct me if I am wrong) for GT. I want to buy a GT here in Malaysia, but only limited model choice, I want BMW body, no stock. Have to order from other place, is USD85.00. So expensive. Anyone know any cheap bodies for sale ?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

OFNA GTP bodies can be mounted to the IGT, and usually cost less than the Kyosho bodies.
DogboneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The bodies seem thicker.... and they do last longer than any of the 1/10th bodies I've used, but do cost more.... I'll bet you more than make up the difference in parts replaced. I have raced (hard) the I-GT (we call them K-Cars) for two years and the only part I had to replace was the two speed gears and that was due to poor allignment on my part. I have been hit and hit objects hard... thinking 'I must have broken something' and didn't....they are tough.... and did I mention... just plain fun....
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:07 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for your suggestions. I think will choose IGT.