Front one way, diff , or solid axle??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Front one way, diff , or solid axle??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Front one way, diff , or solid axle??

ok i would like some good input!!

i run a rubber car, cant run one way not allowed in the class!

i tried a solid axle (front) and had bad understeer but i did not alter from my set up. and i had a bit with the diff got car ok but never got chance to try the solid axle again.
i did like its on power go and braking though.
so come on give me some good feed back and what if any should i alter set up wise??
Old 05-26-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

With rubber tires:

Same shore tires front and rear, spring one step harder on front and minimal anti-roll bar. Set rear diff to suit the track. You may have to reduce the caster angle and rear toe-in (1.5deg).
I actually run 1deg toe-in on the front wheels and still get loads of steering (Actually had to cut it down on the tranny).
Old 05-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok ta i did put my rear toe to 1.5 with front diff but was a bit livley so solid would prob change that
Old 05-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when i ran rubber tires on my mtx2 i used 30k front and 3k rear diff oil the rest of the setup was pretty normal

i dont really understand using a solid front axle it seems like it would really scrub the front tires badly but apparently it works for some people

i know if you locked the front wheels on a real car it would really mess it up bad
Old 05-27-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Most inportantly, are you looking for more steering while onpower or off, entering a corner or exiting? I didn't quite figure exactly what you were looking to change, that should help us narrow the suggestions.

Also, you are changing your setup from a ___? to a solid front axle rubber tire setup?

Modellor made excelent suggestions, but the rear toe-in suggestions won't work for everyone on every track. I prefer to start with 2.5 degrees, doesn't matter too much, though, as toe-in is an easy change to perform trackside.