R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-25-2003, 10:25 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Default Re: need serouis help on nova carb

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF_TG10R
i've finish breaking in...and it run alright with the factory setting...here is the problem...when i turn the high -speed needle leaner and when i gave it full throttle it stall....i've try leaning and riching the low speed and mid range needle..but no luck....can anyone help me plez..

BTw its a novarossi cx-12 engine..
put the top end needle flush with top

bottem end set it at 1 1/8 from in

mid, set flush with carby barrel

set the idle accordinly to stable the idle with the bottom end.

jeremy
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 04:34 PM   #17
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: need serouis help on nova carb

Quote:
Originally posted by rrgt_kid
put the top end needle flush with top

bottem end set it at 1 1/8 from in

mid, set flush with carby barrel

set the idle accordinly to stable the idle with the bottom end.

jeremy

you have cx-12?
TRF_TG10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 04:45 PM   #18
Tech Regular

no but you could always try these settings any way.
i use a nova s3
rrgt_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:29 PM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
If you're saying that there is no relation between High speed needle and the rest of the needles (i.e. low speed and middle speed needle), then I would take whatever advise you give with a pinch of salt.

Anyone will tell you that leaning the High speed needle will indeed lean the Low speed needle settings because the main fuel delivery system comes from the High speed needle first. That is the primary reason why you tune the High speed needle before touching the Low speed needle.
Well said.

To elaborate on your statement. When you lean the Top end needle you also lean the mid end needle and low end needle. This is the main reason people blow plugs. They lean out the top end without readjusting the bottom end (the one that blows the plugs mainly).
When you adjust the mid end needle you also have to adjust the low end needle the same amount. - (ie. - you lean out the mid end 1/8th turn so you have to richen the low end the same amount to keep the proper setting)

This is the main reason most people always set the high end needle first when breaking in an engine. Some people say you should set the low end first but just ask them how many plugs they go through to get the engine running right. Also, when breaking in an engine (and Im sure the resident engine modifiers will agree) its the initial punch of low end that does most damage to a tight engine and not the top end power which would also suggest that you leave the bottom end rich until the engine is running free.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:19 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
When you lean the Top end needle you also lean the mid end needle and low end needle. This is the main reason people blow plugs. They lean out the top end without readjusting the bottom end (the one that blows the plugs mainly).
When you adjust the mid end needle you also have to adjust the low end needle the same amount. - (ie. - you lean out the mid end 1/8th turn so you have to richen the low end the same amount to keep the proper setting)
Yes, this is the same method that I use
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 03:51 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

if oil doesn't come out from the pipe..is it too lean???but smoke still comes out..
TRF_TG10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:43 PM   #22
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF_TG10R
if oil doesn't come out from the pipe..is it too lean???but smoke still comes out..
As long as smoke comes out in all the throttle ranges, then it's good. If for instance you throttle half way and you do not see any smoke, your low or mid range needle is a little lean. You sometimes cannot detect this because when you blip / rev the throttle, it is always either 0% or 100%. So you need to check what is in the middle too which many people over look.

If oil comes out of the pipe, then your high end needle is rich. Lean it little by little till there is no oil coming out or the pipe. Just make sure only smoke comes out.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote