R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-25-2003, 01:20 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Kyosho V1RR - Serpent 705 - Mugen MTX3 - Yokomo GT4 - NTC3 which is a better car ???

What do you think comparing the kit's price, the durability, spare parts' price, handling, set up & ......... etc.....

I have been hearing ppl talking abt so many brand of cars.....
and everybody claim that their cars are always better car ....

Pls post your view here ....

My opinion :-

I am driving a V1S & V1RR, I think the v1rr is a good car but the parts seem not very strong ( i am comparing with the serpent)
and 1 question i really wanted to know....
why the kyosho v1rr is not listed as 1 of the top 10 or 20 in the world (anyway i got this infor from a friend of mine, correct me if i am wrong)

Thanx
CS Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:58 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Yokomo GT4-S

If you can find one.
PRO RS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 05:57 AM   #3
Tech Elite

I too own Kyosho V1RR, and I have never broke a single arm or what so ever after 3 mths of abuse use (almost everyday use and crashes) and I think it is stronger than the 705 you mention, it is also cheaper here in my country. Anyway I just bought my self an MTX 3 and it is a better choice I think, in terms of price and performance. Also the parts are cheaper than 705.
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 07:02 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

well,considering that most Reflex owners use V1 r parts to upgrade THEIR cars,and consider them to be bulletproof after that upgrade...and considering that I own an Impulse AND 2 Tc3's,and have found BOTH to be very durable..(unless I hit the boards FULL ON power)..I'd say you're gonna break 'em all unless you learn not to hit objects..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 02:09 PM   #5
Tech Adept

I think the new V one RR Evo will be a better car that is my pinion.

Damo
VoneRkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 06:55 PM   #6
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

beauty!
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 08:27 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

CS Lo, 1 question u need to ask urself is how do u compare : Proton, Nissan, Toyota, BMW, Mecedes,Hyundai...?

1 question I ask myself when I come across such decision is the price, support,reliability etc ...that I get from my fav hobby shop...
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:07 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
CS Lo, 1 question u need to ask urself is how do u compare : Proton, Nissan, Toyota, BMW, Mecedes,Hyundai...?

1 question I ask myself when I come across such decision is the price, support,reliability etc ...that I get from my fav hobby shop...
I quiet agree with you, but dont you think if you add up the necessay hop up for the Virr, the price could be as much as a serpent 705 ?

say v1rr gt version with nova 5 ports = @ 2 K
serpent 705 with rb = @ 3+ K

but the stock for serpent already enff, you dont really need to do much hopup, but for v1rr you need to add up quiet a lot of hopup b4 it has the basic standard parts as the 705 ......

wat u think ??
Old 05-26-2003, 01:22 AM   #9
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by CS Lo
I quiet agree with you, but dont you think if you add up the necessay hop up for the Virr, the price could be as much as a serpent 705 ?

say v1rr gt version with nova 5 ports = @ 2 K
serpent 705 with rb = @ 3+ K

but the stock for serpent already enff, you dont really need to do much hopup, but for v1rr you need to add up quiet a lot of hopup b4 it has the basic standard parts as the 705 ......

wat u think ??
Finally somebody sees the light I believe right now, a 705 with complete set of inline pipe and a JP engine would come to about RM 2.5K
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:30 AM   #10
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Finally somebody sees the light I believe right now, a 705 with complete set of inline pipe and a JP engine would come to about RM 2.5K
SO.........

InitialD:

you will choose a 705 instead of a rr ??

Old 05-26-2003, 01:47 AM   #11
Tech Prophet

Quote:
SO.........

InitialD:

you will choose a 705 instead of a rr ??

I'm not saying anything But just go with a car that has wide support from your LHS and at the track. You will need help from people around the track to guide you on the setup.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:19 AM   #12
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I'm not saying anything But just go with a car that has wide support from your LHS and at the track. You will need help from people around the track to guide you on the setup.
I think i can conclude this , if i can get support from the LHS and at the track, the 705 is more worth buying ...... right ??

and one more question :-
it make any different for an experience driver or a newbie to drive a 705 or not ???
Or should a newbie go for a rr first and later 705 for the 2nd car ??

Old 05-26-2003, 02:34 AM   #13
Tech Prophet

Quote:
and one more question :-
it make any different for an experience driver or a newbie to drive a 705 or not ???
Or should a newbie go for a rr first and later 705 for the 2nd car ??
Both cars are about the same handling wise when you find the correct setup.

The problem starts when the newbie tries to drive a car equipped with a one way front diff. The 705 comes standard with one. You can get it as an extra optional item though. For the V1RR, I believe there is a rubber tire version which comes with full front and rear gear diffs. A full 4WD differential car would be easier to drive and will be more forgiving for the newbie to drive. But then if you like the challenge, go for the one way

That's driving. The other part that will be hard on the newbie would be the assembly of the kit. With the 705, you sometimes need to be creative with the sandpaper, hobby knife, grease and sometimes the Dremel It won't be easy for the beginner. That is all I can say. I can't comment on the V1RR but I hear that they are OK to build. The ultimate choice is still yours
Old 05-26-2003, 03:07 AM   #14
Tech Addict

Same with InitialD, go with the brand which has the most support in terms of parts and hop ups from your LHS. Most of the cars listed are competitive and they have their own advantages. For me the best driver still stands out.

It really feels bad after a hard crushed and your LHS doesn't have the parts to replace the broken ones. Then you have to wait to ship their orders while other racers are praticing on weekends and you are just watching :0(
thefuzzclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:37 AM   #15
Tech Adept

Quote:
The problem starts when the newbie tries to drive a car equipped with a one way front diff. A full 4WD differential car would be easier to drive and will be more forgiving for the newbie to drive. But then if you like the challenge, go for the one way
Front one way is more suited for larger track, but in Malaysia, most of the top/fast drivers dont run a front one-way (regardless the track is big or small), but full diff with foam tyres. That means even fast drivers cant drive a oneway car and they prefer the easy newbie way of a full diff car!
V-1-R is offline   Reply With Quote