Kyosho V-One S vs. Serpent 705

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-One S vs. Serpent 705

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

I currently own a Hotbodies Tornado. I got a STS engine for it, but I dont really want to put it on this piece of crap.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

I live over here in Thornton. I have only been in this hobby for 5 months now so i havent been to any races.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Kyosho V-One S vs. Serpent 705

Originally posted by rrgt_kid
hi atomic i am also a vone rr driver and i think its a very fast car once you got it right, i was using a set up from a person who is a good mate of mine from sydney and the car is one of the fastest rr out at the track i drive!, but i also drive a ntc3 and they also a great car after the mods i done eg. rear toe and the shock tower fix and the steering and the tank mods. i was out at the track during the week with it and i was pulling low 19sec laps with it, but i was running a jp s1 with all new jp s3 parts in it and i had the motor running about 195 degrees and the thing was fully sreeming down main straight with full throttle into the sweeper!!!!

jeremy.
that was with the tc3?.............
Old 05-25-2003, 02:40 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Kyosho V-One S vs. Serpent 705

hi atomic i am also a vone rr driver and i think its a very fast car once you got it right, i was using a set up from a person who is a good mate of mine from sydney and the car is one of the fastest rr out at the track i drive!, but i also drive a ntc3 and they also a great car after the mods i done eg. rear toe and the shock tower fix and the steering and the tank mods. i was out at the track during the week with it and i was pulling low 19sec laps with it, but i was running a jp s1 with all new jp s3 parts in it and i had the motor running about 195 degrees and the thing was fully sreeming down main straight with full throttle into the sweeper!!!!

jeremy.
Low 19 second laps Jeremy that damn fast for this time of the year are you saying that you are faster than the like of Al and Jeff and Michael Kerr??? cause they are only ably to do that sort of lap time on a RACE day not considering a week day when the track is less grippy and dusty. Or are you talking short track cause I would believe that one! I hope you will be there on Sunday cause I'm sure a few of us would love to see this huge speed that you have now gained!!
Old 05-25-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

hahahahaha..... you tell him TBR
Old 05-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Kyosho V-One S vs. Serpent 705

Originally posted by TBR
Low 19 second laps Jeremy that damn fast for this time of the year are you saying that you are faster than the like of Al and Jeff and Michael Kerr??? cause they are only ably to do that sort of lap time on a RACE day not considering a week day when the track is less grippy and dusty. Or are you talking short track cause I would believe that one! I hope you will be there on Sunday cause I'm sure a few of us would love to see this huge speed that you have now gained!!
ive tried doing it boycey on race days but i always stuff up when theres other cars around it puts me off!!! and i am not saying im faster that jeff al and mk

jeremy.
Old 05-25-2003, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Kyosho V-One S vs. Serpent 705

ive tried doing it boycey on race days but i always stuff up when theres other cars around it puts me off!!! and i am not saying im faster that jeff al and mk

jeremy.

sounds like that was what you were saying.....

How did you time your mid-week laps? Did you get the computer put on?
Old 05-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

with a stop watch, but that wasnt exactly acurate, but i cant do these lap times with my vone rr , only with my ntc3, but mind you they werent always mid 19sec that was only one or to i could do! i wish the kyosho was that light and shaft drive for the straight line speed. i only drive my rr on race days tc3 for hacking around!

jeremy.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

with a stop watch, but that wasnt exactly acurate, but i cant do these lap times with my vone rr , only with my ntc3, but mind you they werent always mid 19sec that was only one or to i could do! i wish the kyosho was that light and shaft drive for the straight line speed. i only drive my rr on race days tc3 for hacking around!

jeremy.
if your faster with teh tc3,why not race that?
Old 05-25-2003, 07:12 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

jeremy.
Yes it would seem that you are a lot faster with the TC3 so why dont you use it on race day? I would say you must be giving yourself a margin of error of around 1.5seconds??
Old 05-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fastharry
if your faster with teh tc3,why not race that?
because here in australia after a few good laps the set up goes totaly off for some known reason!!!! i love the car but this reson it puts me off thats why i dont race it anymore!

do you have a answer for this fastharry???

jeremy.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:57 PM
acs
Tech Adept

jeremy.

they are impressive times for a dusty, dirty, slippery mid-week track.

i was out at the track during the week with it and i was pulling low 19sec laps with it, but i was running a jp s1 with all new jp s3 parts in it and i had the motor running about 195 degrees and the thing was fully sreeming down main straight with full throttle into the sweeper!!!!
i'm hoping that this is not 195 degrees celcius because your motor won't last long at that sort of temperature.

Al
Old 05-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by acs
they are impressive times for a dusty, dirty, slippery mid-week track.

i'm hoping that this is not 195 degrees celcius because your motor won't last long at that sort of temperature.

Al
well i hate to say when i first got into the hobby i didnt know anything about engine temps at all when i ran my motor at that temp i got six months out of the piston and liner!!!!!maybey those venom temp guages are wrong!!! and those lap time arnt dead acurate at all only a few laps were like that!! but i think you have done better!!!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

hahahaha.... what a pisser

6 months isnt very good from a piston and liner....
Old 05-26-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well let's see what sunday brings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.