R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-21-2003, 12:57 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord
Exclamation Need advice on a Serpent 950

My LHS has a brand new Serpent 950 that is already built for sale, it has never been used before, infact it has never even had an engine mounted in it! It also comes with aluminum shock bodies (front and rear), aluminum front upper left and right bracket, 950 pushrod set ET suspension kit, lightweight centax II clutch housing, aluminum middle bearing block, serpent porsche 962 body, brand new serpent foam tires, and it is fully assembled.

All of this for $975, do you guys think this is a good deal? I know that the car has been well built, the guy who built it is a Serpent expert, I just want to get everyones opinion on whether you think $975 is a good fair price.

Thanks
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 01:10 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

975 pick it up

http://www.harcohobbies.com/serpent/serpent_parts.aspx

they have it for $549.99 new and you need get parts of it
do it up

my friend has one and he siad do it if i had the money i would but i want a mtx-3
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 04:44 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default Re: Need advice on a Serpent 950

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord
My LHS has a brand new Serpent 950 that is already built for sale, it has never been used before, infact it has never even had an engine mounted in it! It also comes with aluminum shock bodies (front and rear), aluminum front upper left and right bracket, 950 pushrod set ET suspension kit, lightweight centax II clutch housing, aluminum middle bearing block, serpent porsche 962 body, brand new serpent foam tires, and it is fully assembled.

All of this for $975, do you guys think this is a good deal? I know that the car has been well built, the guy who built it is a Serpent expert, I just want to get everyones opinion on whether you think $975 is a good fair price.

Thanks

tell him to give you a Itemized list of what options are on the car..with the STREET price of each item...allow 100 bucks for teh guys labor...

Don't forget,you still need engine,servos(and GOOD ones),exhaust.mainifold and pipe,tires every time you run it..an a starter box if you don't have one..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 10:14 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I would look on ebay your paying 975.00 for a car that you can get alot cheaper , and it will be good for you to put it together yourself alot of learning in doing that, plus you can still get a better deal on one that is together and is practically brand new
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 12:24 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

I bought the 950! My LHS even lowered the price to $950 and included a free receiver battery pack, and the car came with nearly every possible accessory and option part available on the market.

If I had bought the kit and then every accessory that is on the car, I would have spent well over $1200, so I think I got a great deal.

Building it myself isn't really that big of a deal, all the new Serpent cars go together in relatively very similar ways, so after I assembled my 705, working on an 835 or 950 is a no brainer.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote