does the 07 conv. kit fit on the m3?
Aye! BOLUDO!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:26 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moy
does the 07 conv. kit fit on the m3?
I don't think so; it will be a complete new car.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:47 AM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wad
I don't think so; it will be a complete new car.
tnx walter.have you tried yours already?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:49 AM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.Rocha
Aye! BOLUDO!
very smart rookie!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:35 AM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moy
tnx walter.have you tried yours already?
No yet, it is coming pretty soon........
Old 12-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default M3

I have a chance to race with the designer this past weekend and looked into the car in detail. One thing for sure is that there will be many new features in this car that other brands don't have. The car is very stable and feels very solid - planted. There are stiffners both front and rear , height adjusters on steering block, built in rear roll center adjustment (no more blocks) and wheel base adjsutments on both front and rear. Also the clutch will be 4D iso 3D we are currently using and it is good improvement. The car has alrdy been released in Japan and shud be hitting the stores very soon.

One thing about this car is that the geometry is based on the old Evolva and it is a much complicated machine. Beginners may get confused with all these settingsa dn adjustments.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Slide, not to bash or anything, but before posting, make sure you know exactly what you are talking about. Some of the features you are describing are already available in other manufacturers cars....

Nice car anyway........
Old 12-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default M3

No problem, may be I did not make myself clear as I have go thru the whole M3 with Mr Miyashita. Regarding the rear roll center adjsutment, existing design (like serpent) is a up down design. For people who run Fantom and Evolva long enough know there are three brick blocks for this car and M3 adjust its roll center sideways, so you have three positions to adjsut without the blocks. Also you can adjust the wheelbase of the car using spacers both front and rear, I do not know what other brand can shorten the wheelbase from both front and rear, may be Montonica; enlighten me on this one. For front steering blocks you can actually adjust the height of the axle with reference of the centerplane, there are 2 positions that you can adjust.

Also there are carbon stiffners (front and rear) underneath the chassis that you can stiff up the chassis depend on track conditions. I know other manufacturers using brass batt holder to stiffen up the chassis, any other brand has this design?

All that seems quite complicated but the car ran real good and it will be a good performer.

Originally Posted by miker2209
Slide, not to bash or anything, but before posting, make sure you know exactly what you are talking about. Some of the features you are describing are already available in other manufacturers cars....

Nice car anyway........
Old 12-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by slide_228
No problem, may be I did not make myself clear as I have go thru the whole M3 with Mr Miyashita. Regarding the rear roll center adjsutment, existing design (like serpent) is a up down design. For people who run Fantom and Evolva long enough know there are three brick blocks for this car and M3 adjust its roll center sideways, so you have three positions to adjsut without the blocks. Also you can adjust the wheelbase of the car using spacers both front and rear, I do not know what other brand can shorten the wheelbase from both front and rear, may be Montonica; enlighten me on this one. For front steering blocks you can actually adjust the height of the axle with reference of the centerplane, there are 2 positions that you can adjust.

Also there are carbon stiffners (front and rear) underneath the chassis that you can stiff up the chassis depend on track conditions. I know other manufacturers using brass batt holder to stiffen up the chassis, any other brand has this design?

All that seems quite complicated but the car ran real good and it will be a good performer.
I believe that Serpent 960 and 720 have this carbon stiffeners underneath the chassis. the brass battery holder generally is to get cg down, putting weight in the center/bellow in cars that are lighter than the minimum legal weight.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by slide_228
I have a chance to race with the designer this past weekend and looked into the car in detail. One thing for sure is that there will be many new features in this car that other brands don't have. The car is very stable and feels very solid - planted. There are stiffners both front and rear , height adjusters on steering block, built in rear roll center adjustment (no more blocks) and wheel base adjsutments on both front and rear. Also the clutch will be 4D iso 3D we are currently using and it is good improvement. The car has alrdy been released in Japan and shud be hitting the stores very soon.

One thing about this car is that the geometry is based on the old Evolva and it is a much complicated machine. Beginners may get confused with all these settingsa dn adjustments.
Thanks for the update Slide!

I can't wait to get mine and start building it.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Just noticed the Kyosho Japan site has some setup sheets already posted for the M-3, but no interchangeability chart yet. http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/se...a_m3_blank.pdf
Old 12-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroHead
Thanks for the update Slide!

I can't wait to get mine and start building it.
Please post some pictures of your new car when you're done building it.

Last edited by MBlackketter; 12-21-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MBlackketter
Please post some pictures of your new car when your done building it.
I do believe it's: "you're" done building it.

Happy Holidays to ALL!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

MBlackketter Quote:

Please post some pictures of your new car when your done building it.

Geez - and here I figured it was just that geek from Florida who always asked for pictures with a new sign on name
Old 12-21-2007, 03:34 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Some pics of the new M3 box & manual.

More later.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Evolva M3-031.jpg   Kyosho Evolva M3-032.jpg   Kyosho Evolva M3-033.jpg   Kyosho Evolva M3-043.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.