Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

if anyone is interested

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...evolva-m3.html
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #887
Tech Addict

Hey guys i need some help on three of the follwoing issues

1. Rear Sway not loose its like binding with the upper plastic housing just right where it is sandwidhed.

2. Clutch Setup, normally on 1/10 i set the clutch with a .50 gap between the clutch pad and the bell and .10 in front for play for when everything heats up a bit. On the EVO manual it say no to put any shim behind the inner bearing but my bell is making some contact with the clutch pad is this right or should i set it the way i normally do on my 1/10?

3. Remote Brake ABS setting on 4PKS
I have a 4PKS and as for throttle i bought a Ko Propo RSx Response H.C. 14.5kg - 0.07 sec speed in order to be very fast for pulses

What type of settings do you recommend for the ABS in order to set my remote as their are quite some settings.

Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #888
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey guys i need some help on three of the follwoing issues

1. Rear Sway not loose its like binding with the upper plastic housing just right where it is sandwidhed.

2. Clutch Setup, normally on 1/10 i set the clutch with a .50 gap between the clutch pad and the bell and .10 in front for play for when everything heats up a bit. On the EVO manual it say no to put any shim behind the inner bearing but my bell is making some contact with the clutch pad is this right or should i set it the way i normally do on my 1/10?

3. Remote Brake ABS setting on 4PKS
I have a 4PKS and as for throttle i bought a Ko Propo RSx Response H.C. 14.5kg - 0.07 sec speed in order to be very fast for pulses
What type of settings do you recommend for the ABS in order to set my remote as their are quite some settings.

Thanks
do not run abs it is not needed and it just wears out the throttle servo much quicker.

Shim the clutch bell so it spins freely and does not touch the clutch shoes at all then shim the end gap to your likeing. You can set it just like you set your 10 scale car.

Make sure that the sway bar is centered in the mount if it is it should not blind. Also check all the screws that hold the swaybar mount in place. Nothing should bind and the drivetrain Should be smooth.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #889
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking for a metal 22T brake pulley with 3 pins for the brake disc. Are there any available?
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #890
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
do not run abs it is not needed and it just wears out the throttle servo much quicker.

Shim the clutch bell so it spins freely and does not touch the clutch shoes at all then shim the end gap to your likeing. You can set it just like you set your 10 scale car.

Make sure that the sway bar is centered in the mount if it is it should not blind. Also check all the screws that hold the swaybar mount in place. Nothing should bind and the drivetrain Should be smooth.
How can you not run ABS ??? since i will have a one way in the front ?? Wont it feel like a handbrake especially braking hard into a corner. When i used to race 1/8 the best racers at the track suggested we set the ABS in a way that it gets enabled once you turn a certain amount of steering.

Or the pads of the EVO are ment not to lock and if they do lock do you set the brake with a certain amount that the brake does not lock whatsoever?

Also in the KoPropo they suggest to use a very fast on the steering and a very strong on the throttle/brake

Thanks once again.

Oh by the way the way the size of the Reckward Aluminium Receiver Box holes have the following measurments which seems they are exactly like the M3 i.e. 53.5mm from each center of the hole.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #891
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
How can you not run ABS ??? since i will have a one way in the front ?? Wont it feel like a handbrake especially braking hard into a corner. When i used to race 1/8 the best racers at the track suggested we set the ABS in a way that it gets enabled once you turn a certain amount of steering.

I haven't heard the word ABS in forums and track for at least 5 years...

Most of the 1/8th I have seen at my track, and when I used to race, never have used ABS. They just set the brake low enough for the wheels not to lock...

ABS really puts a big strain in the servo and you'll decrease its life by at least half, no matter how much it costs or how good it is...

But don't take my word for it... Go out on the track and test it yourself...
Old 01-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #892
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl View Post
Looking for a metal 22T brake pulley with 3 pins for the brake disc. Are there any available?
Very good question!!
I've been searching for quite some time now.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available.

The only availability is an aluminum 20T brake pulley for the non-EVO.

Kinda bummed at the fact that all other competition 1/8th scale cars offer aluminum variants for their pulleys (including diff pulleys). Not so for the M3 evo. You're out of luck for the rear diff pulley & 22T brake pulley. I found that CSO makes a 24T front spool pulley, but good luck finding one to purchase.

Any ideas....anyone?
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #893
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhavlena View Post
Very good question!!
I've been searching for quite some time now.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available.

The only availability is an aluminum 20T brake pulley for the non-EVO.

Kinda bummed at the fact that all other competition 1/8th scale cars offer aluminum variants for their pulleys (including diff pulleys). Not so for the M3 evo. You're out of luck for the rear diff pulley & 22T brake pulley. I found that CSO makes a 24T front spool pulley, but good luck finding one to purchase.

Any ideas....anyone?
I also checked & it seems that it's not in production the only brand that come's close is Titan they have a 20t you can check to see if they have a 24t pulley www.serpentamerica.com carries the Team Titan line
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #894
Tech Addict

Default Shaving the brake pads to 3mm

Hey guys on the manual it says to shave the pads till they are 3mm, why do you need to shave them exactly?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #895
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If any one is interestedi have a good deal for you.

Kyosho m3 evo with every kyosho hopup made for the car with some empire racing hopups also over 600.00 worth of hopups.

A bunch of spare parts pinion gears, spurgears, enough parts to rebuilt the whole car two times over to many to name. Plus a full kyosho 3d and 4d clutch along with a full mrx4x 3 shoe clutch with plenty of extra flyweights and clutch shoes for each clutch.

Also you get 3 painted team titan bodys mounted and ready to go with a $ 60.00 airbrush paint job and 2x brand new p909 bodies still in the bag.

Plus there is an extra m3 chassis and a brand new m3 evo conversion kit which has another m3 evo chassis in it

the rolling chassis buy it self with all the hopups cost $1200.00

I am selling everything listed together for
total= $475.00

If you are interested seen me your email address so I can seen you all the pictures of all the stuff that you will be getting. I couldn't figure out how upload the pictures on rctech.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #896
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hobo??? What's this? Can I see another company coming???
Old 02-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #897
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hey guys on the manual it says to shave the pads till they are 3mm, why do you need to shave them exactly?
BUMB
Old 02-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #898
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
BUMB
So the pads don't rub on the disc.

I never had to do that step so you may not either.
occ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #899
Tech Rookie

Hi, I have just bought an Evolva M3 EVO this week and I need to know what the markings (20,10) on the evolva fuel tank mean?

Regards
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Shimo Edition>>>> ////RB T|10rc>>>>Sanwa M11>>>>Jets Fuel>>>>LRP Quadra Pro 2>>>>Team Orion ( VDS 1409 Servos, Rx Battery, Starter box)>>>>Fastrax>>>>Team Titan ( Body,Setup station)>>>>Hudy Tools.
RB|PoweredShimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #900
Tech Initiate

Default Hello

Yes I have this question to. What does those numbers mean ?