R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2011, 02:06 AM   #886
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

if anyone is interested


http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...evolva-m3.html
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #887
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Hey guys i need some help on three of the follwoing issues

1. Rear Sway not loose its like binding with the upper plastic housing just right where it is sandwidhed.

2. Clutch Setup, normally on 1/10 i set the clutch with a .50 gap between the clutch pad and the bell and .10 in front for play for when everything heats up a bit. On the EVO manual it say no to put any shim behind the inner bearing but my bell is making some contact with the clutch pad is this right or should i set it the way i normally do on my 1/10?

3. Remote Brake ABS setting on 4PKS
I have a 4PKS and as for throttle i bought a Ko Propo RSx Response H.C. 14.5kg - 0.07 sec speed in order to be very fast for pulses

What type of settings do you recommend for the ABS in order to set my remote as their are quite some settings.

Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #888
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey guys i need some help on three of the follwoing issues

1. Rear Sway not loose its like binding with the upper plastic housing just right where it is sandwidhed.

2. Clutch Setup, normally on 1/10 i set the clutch with a .50 gap between the clutch pad and the bell and .10 in front for play for when everything heats up a bit. On the EVO manual it say no to put any shim behind the inner bearing but my bell is making some contact with the clutch pad is this right or should i set it the way i normally do on my 1/10?

3. Remote Brake ABS setting on 4PKS
I have a 4PKS and as for throttle i bought a Ko Propo RSx Response H.C. 14.5kg - 0.07 sec speed in order to be very fast for pulses
What type of settings do you recommend for the ABS in order to set my remote as their are quite some settings.

Thanks
do not run abs it is not needed and it just wears out the throttle servo much quicker.

Shim the clutch bell so it spins freely and does not touch the clutch shoes at all then shim the end gap to your likeing. You can set it just like you set your 10 scale car.

Make sure that the sway bar is centered in the mount if it is it should not blind. Also check all the screws that hold the swaybar mount in place. Nothing should bind and the drivetrain Should be smooth.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #889
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Looking for a metal 22T brake pulley with 3 pins for the brake disc. Are there any available?
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #890
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
do not run abs it is not needed and it just wears out the throttle servo much quicker.

Shim the clutch bell so it spins freely and does not touch the clutch shoes at all then shim the end gap to your likeing. You can set it just like you set your 10 scale car.

Make sure that the sway bar is centered in the mount if it is it should not blind. Also check all the screws that hold the swaybar mount in place. Nothing should bind and the drivetrain Should be smooth.
How can you not run ABS ??? since i will have a one way in the front ?? Wont it feel like a handbrake especially braking hard into a corner. When i used to race 1/8 the best racers at the track suggested we set the ABS in a way that it gets enabled once you turn a certain amount of steering.

Or the pads of the EVO are ment not to lock and if they do lock do you set the brake with a certain amount that the brake does not lock whatsoever?

Also in the KoPropo they suggest to use a very fast on the steering and a very strong on the throttle/brake

Thanks once again.

Oh by the way the way the size of the Reckward Aluminium Receiver Box holes have the following measurments which seems they are exactly like the M3 i.e. 53.5mm from each center of the hole.
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #891
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
How can you not run ABS ??? since i will have a one way in the front ?? Wont it feel like a handbrake especially braking hard into a corner. When i used to race 1/8 the best racers at the track suggested we set the ABS in a way that it gets enabled once you turn a certain amount of steering.

I haven't heard the word ABS in forums and track for at least 5 years...

Most of the 1/8th I have seen at my track, and when I used to race, never have used ABS. They just set the brake low enough for the wheels not to lock...

ABS really puts a big strain in the servo and you'll decrease its life by at least half, no matter how much it costs or how good it is...

But don't take my word for it... Go out on the track and test it yourself...
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #892
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl View Post
Looking for a metal 22T brake pulley with 3 pins for the brake disc. Are there any available?
Very good question!!
I've been searching for quite some time now.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available.

The only availability is an aluminum 20T brake pulley for the non-EVO.

Kinda bummed at the fact that all other competition 1/8th scale cars offer aluminum variants for their pulleys (including diff pulleys). Not so for the M3 evo. You're out of luck for the rear diff pulley & 22T brake pulley. I found that CSO makes a 24T front spool pulley, but good luck finding one to purchase.

Any ideas....anyone?
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #893
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhavlena View Post
Very good question!!
I've been searching for quite some time now.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be available.

The only availability is an aluminum 20T brake pulley for the non-EVO.

Kinda bummed at the fact that all other competition 1/8th scale cars offer aluminum variants for their pulleys (including diff pulleys). Not so for the M3 evo. You're out of luck for the rear diff pulley & 22T brake pulley. I found that CSO makes a 24T front spool pulley, but good luck finding one to purchase.

Any ideas....anyone?
I also checked & it seems that it's not in production the only brand that come's close is Titan they have a 20t you can check to see if they have a 24t pulley www.serpentamerica.com carries the Team Titan line
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #894
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default Shaving the brake pads to 3mm

Hey guys on the manual it says to shave the pads till they are 3mm, why do you need to shave them exactly?
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #895
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

If any one is interestedi have a good deal for you.

Kyosho m3 evo with every kyosho hopup made for the car with some empire racing hopups also over 600.00 worth of hopups.

A bunch of spare parts pinion gears, spurgears, enough parts to rebuilt the whole car two times over to many to name. Plus a full kyosho 3d and 4d clutch along with a full mrx4x 3 shoe clutch with plenty of extra flyweights and clutch shoes for each clutch.

Also you get 3 painted team titan bodys mounted and ready to go with a $ 60.00 airbrush paint job and 2x brand new p909 bodies still in the bag.

Plus there is an extra m3 chassis and a brand new m3 evo conversion kit which has another m3 evo chassis in it

the rolling chassis buy it self with all the hopups cost $1200.00

I am selling everything listed together for
total= $475.00

If you are interested seen me your email address so I can seen you all the pictures of all the stuff that you will be getting. I couldn't figure out how upload the pictures on rctech.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #896
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Hobo??? What's this? Can I see another company coming???
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #897
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey guys on the manual it says to shave the pads till they are 3mm, why do you need to shave them exactly?
BUMB
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #898
occ
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
BUMB
So the pads don't rub on the disc.

I never had to do that step so you may not either.
occ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #899
Tech Rookie
 
RB|PoweredShimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Malta
Posts: 15
Default

Hi, I have just bought an Evolva M3 EVO this week and I need to know what the markings (20,10) on the evolva fuel tank mean?

Regards
__________________
Kyosho V-ONE RRR Shimo Edition>>>> ////RB T|10rc>>>>Sanwa M11>>>>Jets Fuel>>>>LRP Quadra Pro 2>>>>Team Orion ( VDS 1409 Servos, Rx Battery, Starter box)>>>>Fastrax>>>>Team Titan ( Body,Setup station)>>>>Hudy Tools.
RB|PoweredShimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #900
Tech Initiate
 
v one rrr power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Default Hello

Yes I have this question to. What does those numbers mean ?
REPLY
__________________
Mugen seiki mtx5>>>> rb-t10rc
v one rrr power is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho Evolva 007 lifeguy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 08-21-2008 08:40 PM
1/8th Kyosho Evolva 05 DJ Clu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 10-22-2007 01:17 PM
kyosho evolva speedjunkie R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-25-2007 04:52 PM
Kyosho Evolva duneland R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-28-2005 12:39 AM
Kyosho 1/8 Evolva NIB Jspecrcr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-16-2004 07:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:24 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net