R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #841
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock View Post
Have you tried the 3D with the black shoe. Man you can't blow that thing up. Well, you can, but you really have to work hard at it! LOL
I tried all three clutch shoes black,grey and red and the mugen and capicorn clutch just felt better and more punchy.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #842
Tech Addict

Dear all,

after reading lots of great pages from this post you convinced me going for the Evolva M3 EVO.

Can you giude me at what pro spec will i need as for Servos my prefered brands are HiTec and Futaba so if you even have the model in mind i would really appreciate it.

As for engine i am going for the RB C10 since i represent their brand. Heard some good stuff about this engine but wanted to know if it can hold with the bigger more expensive engines? Also any recomended pipe setup for it or shall i go with an RB exhaust?

As for tyres i will be running Contact RC we found them great for 1/10 so i assume they are also very good in 1/8, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Re Setup shall i go for the manuals setup or is their a better allrounder?

Thanks and all the best
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #843
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

more expensive engines than c10?it is one of the most expensive in the class.
btw,you can't go wrong with this.if you want something less expensive you can look at the 35 plus 21 2010 edition.
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #844
Tech Addict

I just found out that the proper name of the engine is the Classico 10 and not C10, i realised why you said it ain't cheap how is this engine ? As I heard quite some good stuff about it's power band etc...
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #845
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Dear all,

after reading lots of great pages from this post you convinced me going for the Evolva M3 EVO.

Can you giude me at what pro spec will i need as for Servos my prefered brands are HiTec and Futaba so if you even have the model in mind i would really appreciate it.

As for engine i am going for the RB C10 since i represent their brand. Heard some good stuff about this engine but wanted to know if it can hold with the bigger more expensive engines? Also any recomended pipe setup for it or shall i go with an RB exhaust?

As for tyres i will be running Contact RC we found them great for 1/10 so i assume they are also very good in 1/8, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Re Setup shall i go for the manuals setup or is their a better allrounder?

Thanks and all the best
I'm using the new Ko Propo RSX servos with my M11x transmitter. Works great together. Also check out JR's high voltage servo line! RB set up are best but I am not familar with thier pipes? I am running JP eagle R-9S with Nova 2052 pipe 5 fin manifold. I'm trying to use up all my RB wheel so I can start stocking up on Contact one which I heard are very good
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #846
Tech Addict

For the most part you can't go wrong with any of the digital servos. For me I like the futaba brushless digital servos they have a great torque and are ultra fast and they last for ever. However the ko servos are the best but they are not cheap!!! As far as your motor you should be fine on smaller tracks you want to master the car setup first anyway. If you want you can send your rb Classico 10 to Murnan modifieds and he will have that engine making plenty of power!!! Plus with the right clutch setup, pipe, and gearing you will be surprised at how close most of these motors are in price!!! For your motor I use the novarossi 2015 with short manifold or the nova 2052 with medium manifold!!!! Also with your m3 evo I would buy the sp quick stop adapters front&rear they make taking the axles out so much easier. Also the ti pillow balls are great to have they are smoother and much lighter then the steel ones With will give you less unsprung weight resulting in quicker left to right transitions!!!. There are other hopups for the car they are not a must have but they do help in perfomance!!!! I have every kyosho hopup made for the car with some empire and ybslow hopups. Again they are not needed I am just funny like that I do it to all my cars. A lighter car is a faster car!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #847
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When will the new rear end be available and is it really nessesary?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #848
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLSPEED View Post
If the rear end is all alu no!!!!! Plastic bulkheads are always better. Alu bulkheads require alot of attention because they will tweak under hard impacts and through the handleing of the cars off. Plastic is simple when it breaks you will easily see it and you can then replace it. Also chassis flex is very important in 8 scale onroad too much alu and you get no flex!!!! They work they work on the 966 and the velox v8 but plastic is more consistant. But I will try the new m3 evo rear end out to compare laptimes and handleing.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #849
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
My guess is that the Team Drivers (Shimo, Collair, Bertin) will use them at the Worlds then they will release them afterwards. Only time will tell if they are necessary.
occ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #850
Tech Addict

ok then Hoboshop I will check with you when you come to the vorra track. I just wanted to know. I converted my m3 to the evo last season and have yet to put it on the ground. I'm not looking to make any changes till the end of the season but I will keep an eye out for any up grades or changes.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #851
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by occ View Post
My guess is that the Team Drivers (Shimo, Collair, Bertin) will use them at the Worlds then they will release them afterwards. Only time will tell if they are necessary.
the worlds is at the end of the season? So it may not be available till 2012?
Old 01-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #852
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

This weekend the have a state race at the Homestead track & collari is already here will check to see if he is testing out the same parts that were used for the pre worlds
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #853
Tech Addict

try to keep us posted on whats going on.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #854
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
try to keep us posted on whats going on.
will do you can also go to www.forgass.com
click on redcup live on saturday & you will be able to watch the race on live stream sat 3 rds sun 1 rd & mains
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #855
Tech Addict

I would Guess that the new rear end would be released after the Germany Rc show in feb or a couple of months before the worlds to capitalize on sales. Also I think that product has to be in prodution or be open to the public to be race legal for the worlds.