R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #421
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 817
Default

Just dropping in to say congrats to Scotty and the whole Empire Team on a successful '08 season.

Rick, Scott, Rich, Jim and Sherry I haven't forgotten you guys... Just been concentrating on my work more. I hope all is well and I'll see you guys soon!

PS:
Lost my phone and all your #'s...
__________________
[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="2"]team kyosho / empire racing / speedmerchant / ko propo / novarossiusa.com / phat skeems paint works / 301 raceway [/SIZE][/FONT]
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:55 AM   #422
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brisbane Australia, Bangkok Thailand
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to boy_bee555
Default

Does anyone know how to adjust the roll center for the front and rear of the car?
__________________
Kyosho RRR Evo + Novarossi Plus 12-5SCT + BLS451 +S9451
Kyosho Evolva M3 + O.S. VZ-R Version II + BLS351 + BLS451
Kyosho Inferno MP9 + GO engine + S9351 + BLS451
Futaba 3PKS 2.4
boy_bee555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #423
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy_bee555 View Post
Does anyone know how to adjust the roll center for the front and rear of the car?
Front rollcenter can be adjusted by either shimming the front hangers up (lowers roll center)or using aftermarket hangers available from Kyosho or Empire to lower the pin position(raises roll center). In the rear you have two choices - the spacers on the stud at the top of rear hub carrier (less lowers roll center) or the lower suspension inner pin mount blocks (lower position to drop roll center-not sure of the letters)
__________________
Empire Racing - RC Target - Capricorn - K.O. Propo Electronics - IGT8 2017
Time for us all to grow up and sign our real names on posts.
Rick Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:17 AM   #424
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brisbane Australia, Bangkok Thailand
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to boy_bee555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Front rollcenter can be adjusted by either shimming the front hangers up (lowers roll center)or using aftermarket hangers available from Kyosho or Empire to lower the pin position(raises roll center). In the rear you have two choices - the spacers on the stud at the top of rear hub carrier (less lowers roll center) or the lower suspension inner pin mount blocks (lower position to drop roll center-not sure of the letters)
What's about position(in/out) of the front upper suspension arm? I mean a suspension bush that you can set in the front upper suspension arm. What does this thing do if i change it? Hope you know what i mean.
__________________
Kyosho RRR Evo + Novarossi Plus 12-5SCT + BLS451 +S9451
Kyosho Evolva M3 + O.S. VZ-R Version II + BLS351 + BLS451
Kyosho Inferno MP9 + GO engine + S9351 + BLS451
Futaba 3PKS 2.4
boy_bee555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #425
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy_bee555 View Post
What's about position(in/out) of the front upper suspension arm? I mean a suspension bush that you can set in the front upper suspension arm. What does this thing do if i change it? Hope you know what i mean.
Inboard / Outboard pin location has a small effect on rollcenter and a much larger effect on camber gain.
__________________
Empire Racing - RC Target - Capricorn - K.O. Propo Electronics - IGT8 2017
Time for us all to grow up and sign our real names on posts.
Rick Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:38 AM   #426
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brisbane Australia, Bangkok Thailand
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to boy_bee555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Inboard / Outboard pin location has a small effect on rollcenter and a much larger effect on camber gain.
How will it effect? If I put it in the inner position, this will increase or decrease the effect on the camber gain?
__________________
Kyosho RRR Evo + Novarossi Plus 12-5SCT + BLS451 +S9451
Kyosho Evolva M3 + O.S. VZ-R Version II + BLS351 + BLS451
Kyosho Inferno MP9 + GO engine + S9351 + BLS451
Futaba 3PKS 2.4
boy_bee555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:30 AM   #427
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy_bee555 View Post
How will it effect? If I put it in the inner position, this will increase or decrease the effect on the camber gain?


Boy_bee,

Camber gain is a tuning tool. Your goal, in set-up, is trying to make the tire contact patch match the "traction needs" at a given point on the track. To illustrate - (this is a explaination only): Your car is pretty hooked up, but, mid way in the sweeper the rear end gets loose. (I know there are other ways to accomplish my next statement). Keep in mind, when the rear end gets loose, you need a bigger contact patch from the tire (at that exact moment, well 2/100's before) - how - adjust the camber gain and static camber angle - it can give you a very good balance of suspension deflection to tire contact optimization.

Take the tire and shocks off the car and observe the angle the axle takes as you move the suspension up and down = study the angle of each pin setting. It will become very clear, the huge effect the camber adjustment has on the deflection of the suspension. Study your contact patch angles. Now, try to make what you observed translate to what the car needs at the track. It's not easy....

Sorry, that was long winded and I hate to write - you are welcome to contact any of the Empire guys, we will be happy to go into as much tedious depth as you would like - We do enjoy these cars!

Last edited by Rich Browne; 10-28-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:54 AM   #428
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brisbane Australia, Bangkok Thailand
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to boy_bee555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
Boy_bee,

Camber gain is a tuning tool. Your goal, in set-up, is trying to make the tire contact patch match the "traction needs" at a given point on the track. To illustrate - (this is a explaination only): Your car is pretty hooked up, but, mid way in the sweeper the rear end gets loose. (I know there are other ways to accomplish my next statement). Keep in mind, when the rear end gets loose, you need a bigger contact patch from the tire (at that exact moment, well 2/100's before) - how - adjust the camber gain and static camber angle - it can give you a very good balance of suspension deflection to tire contact optimization.

Take the tire and shocks off the car and observe the angle the axle takes as you move the suspension up and down = study the angle of each pin setting. It will become very clear, the huge effect the camber adjustment has on the deflection of the suspension. Study your contact patch angles. Now, try to make what you observed translate to what the car needs at the track. It's not easy....

Sorry, that was long winded and I hate to write - you are welcome to contact any of the Empire guys, we will be happy to go into as much tedious depth as you would like - We do enjoy these cars!
thanks a lot. I will try it out.
__________________
Kyosho RRR Evo + Novarossi Plus 12-5SCT + BLS451 +S9451
Kyosho Evolva M3 + O.S. VZ-R Version II + BLS351 + BLS451
Kyosho Inferno MP9 + GO engine + S9351 + BLS451
Futaba 3PKS 2.4
boy_bee555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #429
Tech Adept
 
kreamUNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 139
Default









blurry



__________________
Mugen MTX-4R-NINJA MR12TUNED-NINJA FLS || Kyosho v-one RRR evo.2-SirioXXX-Sirio 2611
Kyosho Inferno WC-JAMMIN' JP3 || Kyosho M3-Sirio CL7R-Novarossi
XRAY T3'-Novak 13.5/tekinR1 || Serpent S120-RP x11 3.5
Tamiya IFS-Novak17.5/SPX || Tamiya TT-01-LRP x11 17.5

Last edited by kreamUNO; 11-09-2008 at 12:02 AM.
kreamUNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #430
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreamUNO View Post








blurry




damn thats a nice car
OILMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #431
Tech Adept
 
kreamUNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 139
Default

finally done*



__________________
Mugen MTX-4R-NINJA MR12TUNED-NINJA FLS || Kyosho v-one RRR evo.2-SirioXXX-Sirio 2611
Kyosho Inferno WC-JAMMIN' JP3 || Kyosho M3-Sirio CL7R-Novarossi
XRAY T3'-Novak 13.5/tekinR1 || Serpent S120-RP x11 3.5
Tamiya IFS-Novak17.5/SPX || Tamiya TT-01-LRP x11 17.5
kreamUNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 AM   #432
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,542
Default

How much camber do you guys usually set for front and rear? I bought front universal however I just cant figure out how do you lock the drive pin with the stock blue wheel clip (you need to tighten the 1.5 set screw from the inner part of the axle) Do I need another part for this? One more thing whats the part no if I wanted to change to a lay down throttle servo? If i make this conversion where do I actually place the rx?

Thanks.
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:05 AM   #433
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,843
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

If I remember correctly, for the unis you need to buy the lightweight quick realeases. The LW ones have the setscrew from the front.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #434
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 421
Default

Pretty sure the part number is FMW26 FRT QUICK RELEASE SP and the companion part for the rear FMW27 RR QUICK RELEASE SP
__________________
Empire Racing - RC Target - Capricorn - K.O. Propo Electronics - IGT8 2017
Time for us all to grow up and sign our real names on posts.
Rick Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #435
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Rick
What's the average track width commonly being used
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho Evolva 007 lifeguy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 08-21-2008 08:40 PM
1/8th Kyosho Evolva 05 DJ Clu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 10-22-2007 01:17 PM
kyosho evolva speedjunkie R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-25-2007 04:52 PM
Kyosho Evolva duneland R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-28-2005 12:39 AM
Kyosho 1/8 Evolva NIB Jspecrcr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-16-2004 07:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:52 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net