R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by badKarma View Post
ok, does anyone know if any of any aluminum chassis parts are made for either car? like suspension arms or center bulkhead pieces? further more, what would be the advantage of thses parts? simply weight or duribility? what weights more, composite pieces or the light weight aluminum?
I would not recommend replacing any of the XRAY parts with aluminum ones. Each composite part has its own flex characteristics which were designed specifically for the NT1 chassis to work right. The optional aluminum parts that XRAY has released were also specifically designed for certain track/grip combinations.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:16 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
oh yeah, besides no CVDs, the NT1 comes with composite shocks, the G4S with aluminum, so thats another part NT1 drivers have to purchase...speaking of shocks, do any racers out there do shock rebuilds between heats? what about diff rebuilds?
The CVD's I'd recommend for the NT1 if your racing in high competition. However, you don't need the aluminum shocks at all.

If you build the composite shocks and diffs right, you won't have to re-build them before heats. I haven't rebuilt any of mine since running two large regional events and a club race. The diffs haven't lost anything and the shocks still have the amount of rebound I built them with.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Stay away from 3racing, it may look good and the price may be cheap, but you get what you pay for! The parts will not last during competitive racing. Unless you want them for club races, but it will still negatively impact the handling of the car. My opinions and experiences only!!

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75 View Post
Stay away from 3racing, it may look good and the price may be cheap, but you get what you pay for! The parts will not last during competitive racing. Unless you want them for club races, but it will still negatively impact the handling of the car. My opinions and experiences only!!
i agree totally
and ill say what iv seen of the 2 cars the nt1 is better but iv never driven ether.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
oh yeah, besides no CVDs, the NT1 comes with composite shocks, the G4S with aluminum, so thats another part NT1 drivers have to purchase...speaking of shocks, do any racers out there do shock rebuilds between heats? what about diff rebuilds?
the composite shocks work.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone waunt to buy a used Teammagic G4S RTR?
NinjaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRacer View Post
Does anyone waunt to buy a used Teammagic G4S RTR?
How much are you asking?
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Default Teammagic g4s rtr

$300 car has some minor hop ups!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
How much are you asking?
$300 ,car has some minor hop ups!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #25
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I know this isnt quite the thread

But lets add another car

How do you guys like the MTX-4 (and the R) to those 2 cars?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:00 AM   #26
Tech Elite

top tier:
Mugen Kyosho Xray Serpent

second tier:
Team Magic

the top drivers would win with any of the top tier cars......go with the one you can get parts for easy, LHS, and have fast drivers to get setup tips from....

the Magic is getting close but the need better quality parts and time with a racing history...
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
top tier:

second tier:
Team Magic

the top drivers would win with any of the top tier cars......go with the one you can get parts for easy, LHS, and have fast drivers to get setup tips from....

the Magic is getting close but the need better quality parts and time with a racing history...
You need to be better informed before making such a statement.

Team Magic has been racing for over 10 years. It has won the British 200mm championship for the last 5 years straight (2 on rubber and 3 on foam), it's won the European 200mm championship for the last 2 years, qualified 2nd for the 200mm worlds in '06 and the list goes on and on.

Team Magic has earned it's place at the top with the other 4 manufacturers. The quality of the parts is easily as good as the others. You actually get better value for money than the others since the kits are reasonably priced and include a lot of the hopups the other kits make you pay for.

Just because Team Magic has only recently had a bigger marketing presence in the US, don't think it's new to racing. There is a world outside the US surprisingly enough.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #28
Tech Elite

umm associated and HPI have been racing for years as well....means nothing ....all kinds of odd limited cars win national events

the team magic may be alittle higher than the r40 but it isn't on the top. Their top car is a limited edition , I am wondering why....

and oh yeah: don't assume I don't know about the world since I am american.
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
umm associated and HPI have been racing for years as well....means nothing ....all kinds of odd limited cars win national events

the team magic may be alittle higher than the r40 but it isn't on the top. Their top car is a limited edition , I am wondering why....

and oh yeah: don't assume I don't know about the world since I am american.
When was the last time an R40 or NTC3 won at national level?

The G4+ (the limited edition one) won the 2007 euro's and the 2007 BRCA championships, apart from that it was the non limited edition version that I was referring to. All parts for the G4+ are available to hop up the earlier models so you can upgrade as you want.

I wasn't assuming you had no idea about the world, you were proving it with your own comments.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:02 AM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:
top tier:

second tier:
Team Magic

Wow....2nd tier huh.

As Zoom mentioned, TM has been racing for many years already. In the 2006 Euro championship, the G4s although it won, did not get respect due to rainy conditions. People thought it was a fluke. The G4 car, according to probability, had the least chance of winning because there were only a handful of G4's. This year, there were only a handful of G4s in the Euro champs, and G4 won again. The car didn't win because of rain, or atrition. Dario led most of the race and no one can catch him. Respect is due my friend. TM does offer the G4s+ with all the bells and whistles and then some. But doesn't the other mfg do the same with their RRR Evo WC, or MTX4-R, or 2007 NT1 version.

The G4 is winning many races in the international circuit. Again it is all about probability. You don't see the G4 much in the podium here in the states because not too many race it.

As far as better quality parts, I don't think you've built or raced a G4. The parts are as good and as strong as any of the "top tier" cars that you mentioned. Replacement parts are cheap and can easily be ordered online. Part availability should become better in the lhs now that TM America has replaced Trinity as the main distributor.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But don't expect us loyal TM fans to just take it without giving our own.