GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default follow up!

Originally Posted by jrz93
thanks this is why this thread rocks!!
did see that the tt is shorter but on ur link pages back and tower doesn't give a length for the shaft length
so thanks for the help!
55mm long and 8mm thick.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Its an Electric GT, but thought you guys might get a kick out of "Jr's" 121 MPH Top Speed Beast!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Congrats "Jr" on building and driving what could be the very fastest GT car on earth!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Slow!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Awsome....but...I still like nitro more
just my opinion
cool video though
dnf don
Old 06-10-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have run both electric and nitro 1/8 buggy.
Hands down my electric car was faster. I am talking about
seconds per lap not tenths at my local offroad track.
Apples and oranges.
I will assume a well set up electric onroad gt
would have the same results.
They both have their place in rc.
I just hope the cars don't ever get mixed into
the same class together.
I can say it was nice to come home from a day
of offroad racing not smelling like castor oil and being
able to clean off my car with an air compressor.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 06-10-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

+1

Don't think I'd like to run nitro against electrics, but its cool that "Jr" is able to get a GT up to a totally sick 121 MPH. Now he's trying to reach a new goal of 125 MPH. The insanity continues!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Its an Electric GT, but thought you guys might get a kick out of "Jr's" 121 MPH Top Speed Beast!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Congrats "Jr" on building and driving what could be the very fastest GT car on earth!
Does he have pictures and details about his car he can share with us? That thing is a missle.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

He says it's a dirt oval. I suspect it's a Losi Dirt Oval that has a center diff instead of a tranny. Otherwise similar to Inferno GT i.e. is buggy based with shorter shocks and lower mounts.
Hence a rally game car basically with electrics (did he say Castle).
Old 06-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I heard the oval part, and thought the same thing. I just bought the Losi L8ight oval car, (tired of looking for parts and mods on the GT.) It has lots of options, spools, front one-ways, locking diffs and huge aftermarket support.
The diff gear ratio is correct also, which is a problem with some of the other newer buggies.

I also heard the part about a Steve Neu motor, I wonder if he had one custom wound.

I could'nt understand which speed control he said they used.

The best electric conversion around for this car, is made by Tekno (thats what I'm getting.) It comes with a new chassis and a much improved layout over the Losi kit.

I think Tony Phalen posted a picture of his Losi several pages back.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by williamw
I heard the oval part, and thought the same thing. I just bought the Losi L8ight oval car, (tired of looking for parts and mods on the GT.) It has lots of options, spools, front one-ways, locking diffs and huge aftermarket support.
The diff gear ratio is correct also, which is a problem with some of the other newer buggies.
I raced my L8 electric @ Blue Diamond in 1 qualifier just for kicks against the nitro GT's, I can assure you that I was the same speed in the back strait and the infield...HUGH difference in lap times compared to a nitro, but like I said "It was just for fun" It only lasted 7min!!! but it was a blast!
Tekin RX8/2050 combo
46 spur/20t pinion
2/ThunderPower 65c's

100,000 center diff w/bias brakes
Old 06-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kitchen
Tekin RX8/2050 combo46 spur/20t pinion
2/ThunderPower 65c's

Thats what I had in my rc8b Kitch.
4s tp packs.
Just silly power "on tap".
Nothing like being to pull a wheelie 10 foot into a straight.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 06-10-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
car came along ways looks badass....is that on a Lambo chassis and did Audi parntner w/Lambo on the R8?
You are correct. The R8 shares the chassis, manufacturing tooling and parts with its Lamborghini cousin the Gallardo. The version that has the V10 is also using the same motor as the Gallardo. The V8 however is Audi's own engine.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raman
You are correct. The R8 shares the chassis, manufacturing tooling and parts with its Lamborghini cousin the Gallardo. The version that has the V10 is also using the same motor as the Gallardo. The V8 however is Audi's own engine.
hearing the production version in person, it has such an unreal brrrraaappp! exhaust sound, similar to the Austin Martin!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Raman
Hi Raman, you asked a while ago about an electric rally game like BMT. here's TKR "electrized"

+ YouTube Video

here's my latest - RB One RTR rally with a center diff for parking lot racing. bad quality video with a crappy camera, sorry.

+ YouTube Video
Old 06-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kitchen
I raced my L8 electric @ Blue Diamond in 1 qualifier just for kicks against the nitro GT's, I can assure you that I was the same speed in the back strait and the infield...HUGH difference in lap times compared to a nitro, but like I said "It was just for fun" It only lasted 7min!!! but it was a blast!
Tekin RX8/2050 combo
46 spur/20t pinion
2/ThunderPower 65c's

I tell ya I get 20 minutes out of a hyperion 4s..
My hopes are thet this class will really take off and there will be enough cars to run both classes.
See I have a kyosho converted to electric with a one speed that run at county gas which is the size of jackson and I pull on the nitros but I think on a track w/a long straight like bd or chaplin...one speed won't cut it. ima try the tekno rc kit with a 2speed. Rcmonster says with 17/23 gearing the car will do more than 100! Like that video shows and I totally agree but it would be an unfair advantage ... But they are fun to build and it has encouraged non rc guys to get into this hobby and especially gt cars! For offroad guys it is an easy trasition and compaired to 1/8th n tc cars it is less complicated n easier for someone new to rc...I have had 2guys from work by cars and get into this class

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.