Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Mika, baby's got back!

Slap that Warrior and Sirio STI on that bad boy, lets see how fast your creation is!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Wow! I keep reading all this crap about rules! Just run whatever your track runs and call it a day. I doubt ROAR is going to even follow through with GT rules.

You can't please everyone so leave it at that.

When the time comes to race big events, abide by their rules. Done.

To criticize someones rules on the other side of the country is crazy talk. Why bother.

Last edited by gashuffer; 05-24-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
try don't act like you invented it.
Invented what? WTF are you talking about?

The rules we set forth are to grow attendance....period!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Wow! I keep reading all this crap about rules! Just run whatever your track runs and call it a day. I doubt ROAR is going to even follow through with GT rules.

You can't please everyone so leave it at that.

When the time comes to race big events, abide by their rules. Done.

To criticize someones rules on the other side of the country is crazy talk. Why bother.
Thank you!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
So, I am seeing a few of these belted cars pop up.
I saw a really cool one last week at a local track.(think it was a Italian kit but I don't remember the name)
Is the class open to this style of car?

What is the performance difference between a buggy style (shaft driven)
car and a 1/8 onroad style belt setup?

Thanks.
Hi,
this is the reason why I got one for myself - to find out.

Out of the box it's not faster on bigger tracks because they don't have 2-speed trannies as trannies are illegal in southern europe where these are being raced (the rally game series) and 1-speed is a must. Therefore I made one myself, photo below, to be able to run on bigger tracks equally with shaft driven GTs.

For me clearly there is no going back to shaft. This adventure has just started - and the track is not yet in it's optimal condition after the long winter - but I'm already on par that I ever was with IGT. I feel that I can squeeze out 1-2 seconds still on a 22 sec lap. Some of the local experienced drivers have applauded the way this car launches itself out of a turn and this is propably it's strongest point comparing to shaft driven models like DM1S. You know, races are won in an apex, not on the straight.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah the BMT is a cool car. Belts are far superior than shafts when it comes to power transfer.
There is a guy that runs one at Blue diamond and it's hooked up. It's a large 1/8 scale with a two speed and ball diffs, Although I can't imagine the ball diffs lasting a long time, It's still nice to see new additions to the class. Just like real GT. Run them all together, score them separately!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah the BMT is a cool car. Belts are far superior than shafts when it comes to power transfer.
There is a guy that runs one at Blue diamond and it's hooked up. It's a large 1/8 scale with a two speed and ball diffs, Although I can't imagine the ball diffs lasting a long time, It's still nice to see new additions to the class. Just like real GT. Run them all together, score them separately!

I might know that guy u r talking about
Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Well said gashuffer, thanks

I think BMT is one the less expensive models, take a look at the Fast race GT-R10, it's a very nice one but bit more expensive
Old 05-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Don't think running them together and scoring them differently is the best idea. Next thing we'll see at the races is a guy smashing into the lower class cars because he felt they didn't get out of his way.

Can't have any of that, I've seen guys kick Gts across tracks because of that, lol

They’re nice and only a blind man can’t see that they’re far superior to buggy based GT cars.

We’re considering to maybe allowing them to run in Ipanema GT World Championship events, Mika is helping us with this and as a fellow founder of GT racing on the international level, we have total confidence in him.

We need to become better acquainted with these cars first and see their full performance potential. Allowing them to compete heads up against shaft drives, has been proven in Europe to hurt the GT class. Those that don't learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Oh yes there will be rules drawn up for them, so that it would be fair to run against shaft drives; if not they’ll need to run in their own class.

Damm, there’s that rules word again.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

all valid points.
Driver etiquette should be followed with mixed racing even more so. Knowing who your competing against makes this more fun. Sure, get the hell out of the way for the faster class. Thats how real GT functions.

Blue Diamond is holding a trophy race this weekend and they are combining nitro and electric GT! Thats gonna be fun!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Also very much true, so far it's just playing with these getting more experienced & familiar like JSpeed wrote.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

all valid points.
Driver etiquette should be followed with mixed racing even more so. Knowing who your competing against makes this more fun. Sure, get the hell out of the way for the faster class. Thats how real GT functions.

Blue Diamond is holding a trophy race this weekend and they are combining nitro and electric GT! Thats gonna be fun!
Of course they are, do you think this is our first rodeo?
But I’m sure some moron will come on here and want to argue just for the sake of it.

On the topic of real GT car racing, nobody sitting inside a car crashes into a slower car because they get pissed at them. Why, because they could wind up dead in a wreck.

Now thats not the case with our toy cars and there are some guys that feel its ok to smash into anyone's car, because they feel like its ok to do it.

The last thing our sport needs is to give any hack a faster chassis so he can try to bully other GT racers. There's rules against that too.

Damm.... there's that rules word again,

How long is the A Main for the electric/nitro GT over there at the Diamond?
Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Last edited by Jspeed; 05-24-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: double post, lol them damm rules
Old 05-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikaR
Also very much true, so far it's just playing with these getting more experienced & familiar like JSpeed wrote.
+1 Mika, we'll get is right, everyone else can wait for those "respected" rules, we'll do what we've done from the very start..... make our own!.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Club races are 30 mins but I believe the big races are 45. It's gonna be a blast.

Last edited by gashuffer; 05-24-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Why should I give props!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.