GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Old 02-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
You’re supposed to hold your line when a faster car approaches you, not dart out at the last minute. A good fast guy will always slow down and try to drive around you, not try to drive through you just because they think you’re in their way. This is especially true when there’s nobody close behind you.

It’s called driving clean, showing respect for your fellow racers, their cars and their financial investments, that is the essence of true “sportsmanship” that we GT racers need to show the world.

During our USGT Nationals last year, there was a guy that didn’t, or even want to try to understand the concept of clean driving. One of the racers had enough of it and kicked the car across the track.

When we had a meeting about it after the race, I sided with the field goal kicker, since I had also been hacked by the same individual a few times.
No I don't think so ... lap traffic goes a lil wide not across the track. It goes in all forms of racing. The leader then goes in his line and makes a clean pass. A great racer once told me that I think his name might of been Hara.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

It’s all good we’ll just agree to disagree, since my R/C Mentor is Carbonell.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
It’s all good we’ll just agree to disagree, since my R/C Mentor is Carbonell.
Yup know him also and Paris back in the day.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mcsquish
Tabushi, awesome video, thanks for sharing! But I do hate you for sharing , I am missing racing sooooo bad right now. In my area we are in another snow storm with 6" (15.25cm) so far with more coming tonight and it's around 20F (-6C)...
Only -6C.. we've had -20C like since from the New Year

See the yard behind in the photo .. 1 meter of snow

Old 02-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

What snow? I only see that gorgeous car...

Nice..
Old 02-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

Thanks man. It's my parking lot cruiser, tires and the body are really not for racing, only for fun to burn nitro every now ad then.. that's also why the windows are still untouched.. For racing have other gear...
Few more..
http://www.snrt.net/BMT/news/F11.jpg
http://www.snrt.net/BMT/news/F12.jpg
Old 02-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very nice car MikaR !! Don't worry that snow will melt down in a couple months lol !!

Hope to see you guys in Peru next February 2012, I will post info as soon as soon as I get the confirmation from organizers.

Cya !!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Beautiful car you have there, sorry about the snow. Here in Texas it has been sunny. I'll box some up and send it your way.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Another video from the event in Peru ... i dont remember if this was during Saturday or Sunday races and is focused on the same car i "hacked" on one of final sprints (yes Jeff, how evil i am ! lol !) ... at least you can see a little more of this fantastic facility in Peru - Southamerica :

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ps : - If it was on saturday, at least 75% of drivers were using Alpha RC tires, if it was on Sunday, 100% !! ...

cya !
Old 02-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

What were the most popular types of engines people were running there?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

As far as the video, can we all agree to disagree about it and move on? There seems to be more time wasted on distractions than on talk about GT. So, are there any other GT races coming up other than the ones that have already been posted? We have the Ipanema GT Worlds, Ipanema GT Nationals, and the Puerto Rico Caribbean Cup races forthcoming. What other races are on the GT docket? It looks like GT will be included at this year's Texas Biggie to add that to the GT racing calendar. Anybody else?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
What were the most popular types of engines people were running there?

Herrsavage, on engines department, i remember seeing lots of LRP .28's, couple RB .21's, 1 x HPI Nitro Star PRO .21 (the european one), 1 x GO Engines .21 (mine) and couple OFNA Force .28

JLock, in Southamerica GT world is more or less like this :

- Chile : Internal championship.
- Brazil : Couple big events during the year, divided basically in 2, one GT2 Kyosho oriented and one OPEN more "European Rally Game" oriented.
- Peru : Small internal activity.
- Venezuela : Strong championship with races in Venezuela and Margarita Island.

On big events, for this year as far as i know only ECUADOR will host a race on a GREAT track including 1/10 and GT classes.

February 2012 is Pacific Cup again,

ps : - Videos and comments over an event, are not distractions man, chill out !, cya !

cya !
Old 02-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JLock
As far as the video, can we all agree to disagree about it and move on? There seems to be more time wasted on distractions than on talk about GT. So, are there any other GT races coming up other than the ones that have already been posted? We have the Ipanema GT Worlds, Ipanema GT Nationals, and the Puerto Rico Caribbean Cup races forthcoming. What other races are on the GT docket? It looks like GT will be included at this year's Texas Biggie to add that to the GT racing calendar. Anybody else?
That video was awesome!!! I can’t see how that video is not GT8 related and what the BIG distraction is??? Now if someone posted a video of a nitro rc boat race then I would understand, but this was a really good GT8 race involving the very cars that this forum was started for.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Hey, if you don't mind my asking... I have a new DM-1 here. I currently have an old Mach 427 in it, and like what I've seen from the four tanks I've run so far.

BUT, I have several other engine possibilities - including a 7-liter old Go GXR 5-port and a brand-new Losi 454(i.e. an LRP Spec 3..) I also have a new Jammin JPX-21... I'm not gonna be racing, but don't want to be filling my tank every four minutes either.., or, smoking a set of tires per tank... I will be running on tracks though - for fun, not organized racing..., so not parking lot bashing..

Does a 21 really have the guts for a 1/7 DM-1? Thanks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.