GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjez
lol my bad i was talking about this
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?=&p=47406
I have never seen or heard of one in the states yet. The pictures are almost 3 years old. Maybe Xray was testing the waters? The sway bar setup is very trick on the rear, looks factory (so does the front). Not having a 2 speed pretty much kills it here in the US. I hope Losi does something with the dirt oval car they have out now.

Has anyone added a 2 speed to that car yet?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
You should post wish engines are allowed in the IGT class.
We will have the list out later today, and I'll get it posted here as well as our web site and thread.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

GT Racers, I am taking Pre-Orders on the new Upgrade Chassis Kit. Check it out here: http://www.igthobbies.com/product_p/kyor246-3501.htm
Old 07-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

anyone here drive Inferno GT from Montreal? It is getting kinda boring to play alone in the parking lot. I race my FG F1 in the track. But i miss my Inferno GT.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
Has anyone added a 2 speed to that car yet?
I've been trying to locate 2-speeds that would require little to no modification. But the trannys that are out have different bearing sizes or wide mounting points. It's proving difficult. I could easily cut out a new chassis and use all Losi parts but I'm hoping to use the stock chassis.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by air8
I've been trying to locate 2-speeds that would require little to no modification. But the trannys that are out have different bearing sizes or wide mounting points. It's proving difficult. I could easily cut out a new chassis and use all Losi parts but I'm hoping to use the stock chassis.
We ran into the same thing when everyone found out how bad the stock GT transmission was. Ipanema came out with a conversion kit that required some mods but worked very well. Not long after that Kyosho finally released a shoe type tranny which pretty much fixed the problem.

I think Losi is probably waiting to see what Roar is going to do with the rules, then wait to see if Associated, Serpent, Xray, etc. are going to jump on the bandwagon.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Suspended

Gentlemen,

Max Velocity Racing has the new ALUMINUM REAR UPPER PIN HOLDER for the OFNA DM-1 Spec. This part frequently melts due to its close proximity to the exhaust manifold. Not anymore. Parts are available and ready to ship. Check them out at www.maxvelocityracing.com

Cheers

Paul
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-img_3359.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-img_3361.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-img_3369.jpg  
Old 07-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good move Paul, a must have
Old 07-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Just got word that the Sweep GT Tires have been shipped and are on the way. They should be here Wednesday and I can get them shipped out to you guys for weekend racing. (Priority Mail-usually 2 days)

I have all options coming in:

Slick on white wheel
Slick on yellow wheel
Treaded on white wheel
Treaded on yellow wheel
Slick unmounted
Treaded unmounted

Always free shipping to the lower 48 states! Go to www.igthobbies.com and look under "tires" or search "sweep"
Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by williamw
I bought some when they first came out, about the time Kyosho released it's new transmission. They are very nice, appeared to be really well made, machined well and true, but they are also heavy!

If you have a .28 or really high horsepower engine I think they will be bomb proof. If your'e racing go with the new Kyosho transmission, it's a shoe type and much lighter!
thanks will 4 ur reply ,,,they are a bit heavy gonna have to change my engine game
Old 07-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by outlaw07
thanks will 4 ur reply ,,,they are a bit heavy gonna have to change my engine game
The new transmission is less than $80.00 and the clutch bell you have will work (might need new gears, not bell itself). Way cheaper than a new engine!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

News from Alpha RC GT Tires.

Distribution candidate received test tires during the weekend and will be testiong along with body during next couple weeks. If all go as planned, maybe USA will have a National Exclusive distributor in less than a month !!

cya !

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
Old 07-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tabushi

Distribution candidate received test tires during the weekend and will be testiong along with body during next couple weeks. If all go as planned, maybe USA will have a National Exclusive distributor in less than a month !!

cya !

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
Awesome! Can't wait till we get to order tires and the body for the store.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Just got word that the Sweep GT Tires have been shipped and are on the way. They should be here Wednesday and I can get them shipped out to you guys for weekend racing. (Priority Mail-usually 2 days)

I have all options coming in:

Slick on white wheel
Slick on yellow wheel
Treaded on white wheel
Treaded on yellow wheel
Slick unmounted
Treaded unmounted

Always free shipping to the lower 48 states! Go to www.igthobbies.com and look under "tires" or search "sweep"
Does the treaded unmounted tires come as a pair and with inserts?

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tabushi

cya !

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
That's good news Pato,
did you ever get a chance to check with the Alpha folks if the body would fit the DM one Pro (1/7 scale)?

Thanks
S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.