Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default GT class

Bobby,
Did you get the e-mail for the set up?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In my opinion, we should keep rubber tire as the rule for the big, organized Ipanema races. Now, for others that include GT cars in their programs and local/regional races, it should be up to the organizer's discretion on what tires, engines, etc are allowed. Ipanema rules are a guideline/outline in which to work with. However, things should be stay close to the guidelines so that when a GT racer shows up at an Ipanema-sponsored event, they are not blindsided with the fact that they can't run X tires at all or Y engines in this class. Being uniform from place to place (or close to it) would go a long way to decreased confusion down the road. It was nice that the rules I use to run under in MS were similar to the ones I helped draw up for TX racing which were similar to the ones published by Ipanema. So, I did not have to change much of anything on my car to race in all three places.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bubba Cola
Roar was not going to allow dish wheel.
ROAR may have to grandfather them in since there are many GT racers that own them now (since the Ipanema Worlds). But, I can see a timeline in which they will be allowed to run then after X date, you can't use them at a sponsored event (but still at a club/regional level).
Old 05-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brc358
Bobby,
Did you get the e-mail for the set up?
thanks awhole lot ....i have to order a rear shock tower and i have a question for you about the holes behind the engine didnt understand
Old 05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

To me this is a young class that it's growing. The best thing to try to do is to keep the confusion to a minimum and that way everyone even the entry level guys can be near where they want to be. I agree that foams do offer greater traction and faster run times but to me that is what killed 1/10 sedan. The GT class should be kept as simple as possible and to me rubber tires are much simpler to keep. If I where to use foam tires I will cut them to keep the level or cone them to have even more traction and what will happen to the new kit that has a brand new RTR? He will be so out of place that he will most probably feel left out and won't be back to race. This is precisely what we as more experienced racers must try to avoid. This has happened too many times. I'm not flaming or criticizing anybody, this is what I think should be done.

In my local track the class is growing (we have more than 14 racers almost every race with more looking to get into it) we race open motor, rubber tires and GT bodies that resemble real cars, very simple to get into. If the class grows like four times what it is now then we could divide it between expert (foam or rubber) and beginners (rubber only). But only if it grows the way it should grow.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default GT class

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
thanks awhole lot ....i have to order a rear shock tower and i have a question for you about the holes behind the engine didnt understand
If I can get my scanner to work, I will draw this up for you and send it to you
Old 05-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jneg
To me this is a young class that it's growing. The best thing to try to do is to keep the confusion to a minimum and that way everyone even the entry level guys can be near where they want to be. I agree that foams do offer greater traction and faster run times but to me that is what killed 1/10 sedan. The GT class should be kept as simple as possible and to me rubber tires are much simpler to keep. If I where to use foam tires I will cut them to keep the level or cone them to have even more traction and what will happen to the new kit that has a brand new RTR? He will be so out of place that he will most probably feel left out and won't be back to race. This is precisely what we as more experienced racers must try to avoid. This has happened too many times. I'm not flaming or criticizing anybody, this is what I think should be done.

In my local track the class is growing (we have more than 14 racers almost every race with more looking to get into it) we race open motor, rubber tires and GT bodies that resemble real cars, very simple to get into. If the class grows like four times what it is now then we could divide it between expert (foam or rubber) and beginners (rubber only). But only if it grows the way it should grow.
Gotta agree! I have also a tenth scale and foam truer and everything but it's quite far from occasional reacreational sport.. I think this is what we are looking for in this tough world anyhow, no? A hardcore racer maybe should take a look at other available classes like 8th scale or 10th scale onroad instead.

I love the thing that you're running open motor rule. Kyosho just realeased the new tranny that works very well with good offroad engines and apparently OFNA has had it for a while. So what I'm saying these cars are getting very robust for better engines that translates into more fun, reliability and enjoyment for all!

After two-three years now that I've been into GT I'm willing to support good race motors. It just makes life so much easier since the cars can handle these with ease. And the cost.. well, if you need to buy one good motor instead of multiple cheaper ones that don't work well.. you get it. And what comes to speed, it won't be an issue - we can drive, right. I'm still running my 2 years old Orion CRF in my GT. I use 16% nitro that's pretty inexpensive and makes the motor last a long time.

Happy GT racing everyone,
Cheers

Last edited by MikaR; 05-28-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

No changes to our GT class rules, we had the largest gathering of GT racers ever at the Ipanema Sports GT World Championships event and we're not going to screw anything up.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anybody have any more of these in stock??

KYOIGW008 Kyosho Inferno GT2 2-Shoe 2-Speed Racing Transmission Set
Old 05-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Kyo83
Anybody have any more of these in stock??

KYOIGW008 Kyosho Inferno GT2 2-Shoe 2-Speed Racing Transmission Set
I have an extra NIB one. PM me if interested. I paid 79.00 plus shipping, thats what I want for it.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

NE GT racers, Floyd Bennet Field will be awsome tomorrow, come on out and have some great fun. Temps will be near 90 so traction will be awsome, bring the 50 shores!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Default gt & dm-1

new to this thread i've recently got into these huge monster ,,,couldn't beleive the speed and toughness they have . but here's the problem i'm having is finding some set-up options,,on road was never my strong suit ,(is why i got out 1/10 scale ....."i was lost") ......i'm starting to get that feelin with these as well but really ,,really don't want to give up cause they are so dam sweet. !!!!!!!!!!! is there anyone or any site i can go to get a basic starting point on set-up info like ,,diff ooils,,shok oil,, chamber & things of that nature ...the track i run on has 225' straight with quite a few switch-backs thru the in-feild .......and i run the ofna dm-1(pf8 body) ,,kyosho gt 1 (bmw).................any help would be greatly apprectaite............thanks guys
Old 05-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by outlaw07
new to this thread i've recently got into these huge monster ,,,couldn't beleive the speed and toughness they have . but here's the problem i'm having is finding some set-up options,,on road was never my strong suit ,(is why i got out 1/10 scale ....."i was lost") ......i'm starting to get that feelin with these as well but really ,,really don't want to give up cause they are so dam sweet. !!!!!!!!!!! is there anyone or any site i can go to get a basic starting point on set-up info like ,,diff ooils,,shok oil,, chamber & things of that nature ...the track i run on has 225' straight with quite a few switch-backs thru the in-feild .......and i run the ofna dm-1(pf8 body) ,,kyosho gt 1 (bmw).................any help would be greatly apprectaite............thanks guys
Outlaw,

If you go back to page 13 of this thread, about 2/3rd the way down the page is a basic setup for the GT1 by Jspeed. I used it as a base for the current setup on my GT1 and it works really well for a starter. I hope that it helps you get going in the direction you want to go.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default DM1

Originally Posted by outlaw07
Check the DM1 tread they have a setup there that works well.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

What size are the rims on the dm-1 or the legal size for gt racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.