GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

You should support the companies and people who support the class.

Desoto Racing - Serpent America, importers of Novarossi on-road engines, are working hard to promote GT racing. We promote the class every chance we get. For example, we will have the class at the Novarossi Challenge in CT on July 4th. Also, we got the GT class back into the Florida State Series with 4 great tracks and racing all year round. Anyone wanting to race GT can come down to Florida and joins us (Homestead, Ft. Myers, Kissimmee & Arcadia).

The N21-3T or N21-5T are great long lasting engines are at a low cost.

On a typical race weekend you'll need:

entry fee, $20-30
a gallon of fuel, $25
1-2 sets of tires, $60-120
travel, ???
wear & tear on car, ???

A good engine will last 10+ gallons with proper care and maintenance. A low quality engine 1-2 gallons if you are lucky. So an Nova N21 engine will cost you $22-25 per race. Which is equal to or less than most other parts of your car.

BTW I don't see any other engine company supporting this class.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default GQ FOAM TIRES

Does anyone know why GQ stop making the foam tires for the 17mm rally foams i brought some from competition and they are not the same from when i use to buy them
Old 05-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jdesoto

Desoto Racing - Serpent America, importers of Novarossi on-road engines, are working hard to promote GT racing. We promote the class every chance we get. For example, we will have the class at the Novarossi Challenge in CT on July 4th. Also, we got the GT class back into the Florida State Series with 4 great tracks and racing all year round. Anyone wanting to race GT can come down to Florida and joins us (Homestead, Ft. Myers, Kissimmee & Arcadia).

entry fee, $20-30
a gallon of fuel, $25
travel, ???
wear & tear on car, ???

A good engine will last 10+ gallons with proper care and maintenance. A low quality engine 1-2 gallons if you are lucky. So an Nova N21 engine will cost you $22-25 per race. Which is equal to or less than most other parts of your car.

I'm glad to see my fav. class growing like crazy lets keep it up fellas before people look at us funny but now eyes are starting to open up now
Old 05-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

+1

Makes perfect sense to me

Who can argue with Novarossi Quality and Longevity at low cost

Nova is by FAR the Winningest engine in all forms of R/C racing and countless other formats around the world today. Not to mention they produced JP,Crono,Max power,Rex and Top and many other smaller engine names.

Mr. Desoto I hope for the sake of the class,your opinion that I agree with prevails...

Big thanks to your support
Old 05-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Thanks for checking in Joaquin.

I can only speak on behalf of Ipanema Sports GT only racing events.

Anyone that races GT cars should be supportive to the companies that wish to work with us to grow GT racing.

I'm looking forward to the track testing results of these prospective Novarossi engines for our GT2 Spec class approved list.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Thanks for checking in Joaquin.

I can only speak on behalf of Ipanema Sports GT only racing events.

Anyone that races GT cars should be supportive to the companies that wish to work with us to grow GT racing.

I'm looking forward to the track testing results of these prospective Novarossi engines for our GT2 Spec class approved list.
BTW For the Florida State Championship Races and also the Chaplin, CT race we will allow any .21-28 engine to be run. We will keep it simple and allow everyone to race without having to worry about what's the color your motor. Driving and setup is more important than motor. We learned that in Homestead.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Joaquin did you get my Email ?

We want to test your motors at Mexico City
Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a question. Why is there this big push to add this new 3-port Novarossi engine to the spec engine list? Since GT1 is open to run any engine, you can buy it and run it in that class all day long. But again, why the big push to muscle it into the spec listing? RB products, which also makes two good 3-port engines (Sport 10 and Junior 9), are similar in price to the Novarossi with similar specs and anyone can make an argument to include them as well. Dynamite has about 6 more engines that could be included to the listing that fit the spec engine criteria. In my opinion, the big push for including just the Novarossi will start the bitching game of why an engine that someone else is more comfortable using that meets the current spec engine criteria is not on the list. A decision needs to be made, either add the engine to the list now or wait until next year and add it when the listing will probably need to be re-evaluated and updated anyway due to engines being discontinued, current list engines being updated, or new ones being introduced to the market. All of this back and forth about including this engine is getting old.

Last edited by JLock; 05-10-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default GT racing in CT on the 4th of July weekend. Make plans!

Great track layout, awesome facility, fun weekend, tech seminars, giveaways...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Angry Spec Motor List Additions

Originally Posted by JLock
I have a question. Why is there this big push to add this new 3-port Novarossi engine to the spec engine list? Since GT1 is open to run any engine, you can buy it and run it in that class all day long. But again, why the big push to muscle it into the spec listing? RB products, which also makes two good 3-port engines (Sport 10 and Junior 9), are similar in price to the Novarossi with similar specs and anyone can make an argument to include them as well. Dynamite has about 6 more engines that could be included to the listing that fit the spec engine criteria. In my opinion, the big push for including just the Novarossi will start the bitching game of why an engine that someone else is more comfortable using that meets the current spec engine criteria is not on the list. A decision needs to be made, either add the engine to the list now or wait until next year and add it when the listing will probably need to be re-evaluated and updated anyway due to engines being discontinued, current list engines being updated, or new ones being introduced to the market. All of this back and forth about including this engine is getting old.
JLock all YOUR back and forth nonsense of anti-Novarossi propaganda is honestly getting "old". Your mindless banter is obnoxious. You clearly have no understanding of the benefit of including better motors and expanding the spec class list to include the best motors possible for the provided parameters.

It should not be the general opinion that Novarossi is going to "infest" and ruin the class because that is untrue; instead, we as a GT Nation should embrace Novarossi's support, let ROAR and Ipanema test the Novarossi motors(as well as motors of other supporting manufacturers) that they deem suitable for the class, and add the ones that fit the parameters.

Until you understand this please don't comment further because you are simply doing the thread a disservice. The inclusion of manufacturers who want to invest their time, money and efforts in expanding the class should always be the goal. This is how the class can reach its greatest potential. I think it is fair to say that the reason the other motor manufacturers you mentioned in your post have not been discussed so prevalently is because they have NOT yet taken interest towards supporting the class.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCnut4Life
JLock all YOUR back and forth nonsense of anti-Novarossi propaganda is honestly getting "old". Your mindless banter is obnoxious. You clearly have no understanding of the benefit of including better motors and expanding the spec class list to include the best motors possible for the provided parameters.

It should not be the general opinion that Novarossi is going to "infest" and ruin the class because that is untrue; instead, we as a GT Nation should embrace Novarossi's support, let ROAR and Ipanema test the Novarossi motors(as well as motors of other supporting manufacturers) that they deem suitable for the class, and add the ones that fit the parameters.

Until you understand this please don't comment further because you are simply doing the thread a disservice. The inclusion of manufacturers who want to invest their time, money and efforts in expanding the class should always be the goal. This is how the class can reach its greatest potential. I think it is fair to say that the reason the other motor manufacturers you mentioned in your post have not been discussed so prevalently is because they have NOT yet taken interest towards supporting the class.
Really?!? Who are you? I have been behind the GT class since its inception. I have helped to put GT racing in two separate racing programs in two different states. I have stood up for Ipanema products when others have bashed them. I have stood up for this class when others have laughed and ridiculed it, claiming that these are not real r/c race cars. In fact, I have had more input into this class than you will ever know. But, since I have been deemed a pain in your side with my comments, instead of creating a feud on the forum, for the first time, I will grant you your wish and refrain from further comments on this thread. I guess you are right, my input is neither wanted or desired here.

Last edited by JLock; 05-10-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Come on guys, lets settle down here.

This is getting out of hand and soon the "GT haters" will try to take advantage of any "rifts" between us.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Well as I see this (Novarossi interest in GT Racing) is a good thing but I also see JLocks point of view in that his main concern is with the growth of the class. With this I know that he means that we as racers have to be patient and wait until the tests are completed. I know the guys testing the engines want to have a level playing field and that is why they are testing for compliance with the SPEC rules. JLock is a valuable member of our GT Nation and his input is well received. I don't think he is anti-anything. We all know that Novarossi engines are right at the top in both performance and quality so if they are interested in providing their engines for the organizers to test, I say let them and if any other manufacturer wants the organizers to be included then it’s up to them to provide the test engines.

Either way I will be at the next Ipanema Worlds in Mexico 2011
Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

entry fee, $20-30
a gallon of fuel, $25
travel, ???
wear & tear on car, ???

X2

I really like to see a Nova engine for the spec class! Hopefully in the near future
Old 05-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
Well as I see this (Novarossi interest in GT Racing) is a good thing but I also see JLocks point of view in that his main concern is with the growth of the class. With this I know that he means that we as racers have to be patient and wait until the tests are completed. I know the guys testing the engines want to have a level playing field and that is why they are testing for compliance with the SPEC rules. JLock is a valuable member of our GT Nation and his input is well received. I don't think he is anti-anything. We all know that Novarossi engines are right at the top in both performance and quality so if they are interested in providing their engines for the organizers to test, I say let them and if any other manufacturer wants the organizers to be included then it’s up to them to provide the test engines.

Either way I will be at the next Ipanema Worlds in Mexico 2011
I could not have said it better!!! Agree 100% see you in Mexico

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.