GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find any info on their site about that, but I believe ya.

The disappointing thing is I just ordered a body mount set and front bumper plate from Kyosho's site and this is the response I got today.......

Order Delay:The following items have been discontinued, so they have
been removed from your order and will not be shipped to you.
Qty Part # Name Total
1 GT106B BODY MOUNT PLATE USD$ 7.99

Isn't this a current part? How else are they mounting the body?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by technazi
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find any info on their site about that, but I believe ya.

The disappointing thing is I just ordered a body mount set and front bumper plate from Kyosho's site and this is the response I got today.......

Qty Part # Name Total

That's weird,did you try the other part no.IG104.Seems like they're updating all the part numbers to new ones.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

While many people are saying that online places have GT2 parts, I can't seem to find any place that has the GT2 Audi body.

Can ya help a brotha!
Why not contact Kyosho America directly see if the bodies are in the US and also about the body mounts.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Check it...

http://infernogt.proboards102.com/in...ad=1686&page=1
Old 10-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Awesome looking!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Qty Part # Name Total

A Whats up they do sale the body mounts but maybe changed the part# and they sale the front bumper plate too,from what I understand everything is the same far as those parts for the gt1 and the gt2, A-main hobby.com has these parts guarantee please check them out and you will be happy for sure I get all my parts from A-Main hobby.com because they carry a large selection of kyosho parts which can be hard to get,and if you need any additional help you can call kyosho Tech support in CA, at 1-949-454-8854 and ask for Brian Norris he knows all about the IGT's and hes very helpful and patient too!!! but seriously check out A-Main Hobby.com for all your IGT1 or 2 parts guarantee they will have it and they will have the GT2 bodies soon too!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazysavage
The ARR has the tires/wheels unglued with 100k fluid in the front diff and 50k in the rear. 80wt oil in the shocks and the unpainted PF8 body. The RTR has unknown shock oil and grease in the diffs. Do to the parts forming methods of Hong Nor, you get almost every high wear part on the car in duplicate with the ARR version. My ARR required very little adjustment to get it to the reccomended chassis settings.The RTR body actually has very good balance with front/rear down force and has been raced with success. Most of our customers recognize it as a Merc. and like it pretty much. It is very different from the merc like body on the GTP2. The only useable part of the radio servo package is the switch if you use them. The other difference with the two is the RTR has a metal disk with standard pads and the ARR has the Jammin fiber disk with bare metal pads. Things I liked about the car in general is the 2 peice diff mount, the ball and cup type sway bars, easy and plentiful chassis adjustments, pillow ball front and rear, proven and smooth aluminum shocks that build up easy and consistent, unglued tires so at least you have a fresh set of wheels to add the rubber of your choice, and the top of line 2 speed tranny with durable shoes instead of the harsh shifting dog type 2 speed.
Thanks...that is some awesome information.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

it seems that parts get slight changes and the part numbers get discontinued, but if you call into kyosho they know what is going on and can usually get you what you need.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys! Ordered the parts from A-Main today and they shipped today! Gotta love that! We'll see......
Old 10-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys! Ordered the parts from A-Main today and they shipped today! Gotta love that! We'll see......
You welcome cous,I wouldnt never stir you wrong because I like the hobby so much and Im most definitely a kyosho fan for sure, so I really know how to get the parts for them,but anytime you need help just let me know and ill be gladly to help you,and I really want the GT class to grow into a large class like the 1/10th and 1/8th onroad class, like down in florida!! but I want to get it big here in maryland especially at 301 raceway so ill be asking alot of people to give the GT class a try and support!!!! and frankly ill help anybody who need the help with this GT class!!! (SOME KNOWLEDGE)
Old 11-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Picked up my IGT2 with the Corvette body yesterday. I started to break in the engine as soon as I walked in the door at home (just couldn't wait). The new engine is leaps and bounds better than the stock one in the first IGT. Got three tanks through the new one and will finish breaking it in this week.

Jspeed, could you pm me the setup that you are using on yours. That will be my starting point. Thanks.

Juan
Old 11-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Picked up my IGT2 with the Corvette body yesterday. I started to break in the engine as soon as I walked in the door at home (just couldn't wait). The new engine is leaps and bounds better than the stock one in the first IGT. Got three tanks through the new one and will finish breaking it in this week.

Jspeed, could you pm me the setup that you are using on yours. That will be my starting point. Thanks.

Juan
Juan,

You could just copy what you've done to your IGT1 to the #2 chassis and see the difference. The only thing different on my new car set-up wise is the big bore shocks and heavier optional springs for the little bit more weight of the newer chassis.

I hear you old IGT1 was getting the job done at the races
Old 11-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Jspeed, are those new springs the White ones with the optional alum shocks (from Kyosho) that you are using ? Thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Juan,

You could just copy what you've done to your IGT1 to the #2 chassis and see the difference. The only thing different on my new car set-up wise is the big bore shocks and heavier optional springs for the little bit more weight of the newer chassis.

Yea, if I can keep it running the entire main. My IGT1 with your setup (with a couple of tweaks) actually handles better than my 200mm touring car. Thanks again for that setup. If we continue to run the box stock Spec class, I may get the IGT2 engine for my IGT1. The IGT2 seems to be a much better constructed engine. Anyway, I am having a blast running the car and I hope to race against you someday soon, just to see where I stand driving-skill wise.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Juan,

Hey whats happening Jspeed my name is D and im new to the nitro GT class racing and I own 2-IGT1 and the IGT2 and im really trying to get these cars to be able to travel and race with them,when I first got the audiGT2 I won the I-95 race in maryland at 301 raceway!! straight out the box with just changing to a 3 shoe flywheel and 1.1 springs and carbon shoes but the car still had problems too so I was wondering if not a biggie can you give me some help on parts and setup it will be greatly appreciated and you can PM it to me too and I also used a .21 on-road motor that I had lying around it had rpm but not enough torque for the cornering but still fast though!!! it was the RB Xenon R murnanmodified!!!! once again thanks!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.