Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 11-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Questions??

Originally Posted by JVStrat
I full tilt agree here. If were up to me, eliminate the SS and Pro rules and use the Stock IGT rules with one exception.......engine can be any .21 BUGGY engine only...... unless you are prepared to open all stock Inferno engines and check for Mario or Collari sleeves and pistons inside. Trust me it will happen.
what if i have an Ofna GTP then?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

my question....exactly.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
It seems old “Apex” & “Mr. My Leaky Diff” are suffering from that nasty anti- RC Pro Series virus
Well, you know what they say about ASSumptions...
Old 11-11-2007, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what about just limit it to engines that come with kits/RTR versions? they're all about the same quality, and it would keep the cost down alot.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Limiting the engines to RTR is a cool thing to do, the only negative to that is that there are hundreds if not thousands of “converted buggies” & Inferno GT cars are equipped with “Non-RTR” engines accross America today.

Look back a few posts and you can see a “Ninja” powered Inferno GT. Many cars exist that already have up-graded engine/exhaust packages. If we want to get those cars racing at tracks, there has to be a class for them.

The Ofna GTP cars are very cool too. According to the rules developed by RC Pro Series for this newly sanctioned type of On-Road car, any & all buggy vehicle chassis will be able to race in our “Open” class.

Kyosho America is supporting the specific classes for their Inferno GT & their buggy chassis converted to race On-Road.

We appreciate Kyosho America's support and will reward their loyalty to us by providing them with a successful program to increase their product sales.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Limiting the engines to RTR is a cool thing to do, the only negative to that is that there are hundreds if not thousands of “converted buggies” & Inferno GT cars are equipped with “Non-RTR” engines accross America today.

Look back a few posts and you can see a “Ninja” powered Inferno GT. Many cars exist that already have up-graded engine/exhaust packages. If we want to get those cars racing at tracks, there has to be a class for them.

The Ofna GTP cars are very cool too. According to the rules developed by RC Pro Series for this newly sanctioned type of On-Road car, any & all buggy vehicle chassis will be able to race in our “Open” class.

Kyosho America is supporting the specific classes for their Inferno GT & their buggy chassis converted to race On-Road.

We appreciate Kyosho America's support and will reward their loyalty to us by providing them with a successful program to increase their product sales.

how are they supporting it? i can get a discounted kit/rtr somewhere? point me in that direction.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Kyosho America is an RC Pro Series supporter.

They are the primary sponsors for our first event that will include “Rally” cars with typical on-road racing vehicles. They are working with us to be able to make this form of racing available to Americans.

Kyosho America is providing parts support, demonstrational units and Inferno GT specific awards for participants at the event as well.

The Kyosho Nitrofest event is being held on December 1-2 at SS Speedway & Hobbies in sunny & warm Tampa Florida and is sanctioned by RC Pro Series.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jspeed,

Do you now see what I was talking about with all the negativity of trying something new/different. There are too many out there that just like the status quo because it keeps them near/at the top of their class where they race. Many complain about not having new racers coming into the hobby but shoot down anything that might attract the very same racers that they whine about not coming out or starting to race. To me, there should be only two classes of IGT cars, spec box stock and open SS. That way, converted buggies and anyone that wants to change engines from the stock IGT can race that class and leave the only change to the box stock IGT is the radio (for more frequency flexibility). There should be no in between. You either run Spec stock or SS pro (or whatevery you want to call it). But, I will say it again, how does anyone know that it will work if they are so quick to shoot it down before ever trying it (had this type of discussion with some racers during the Sedan Nats about bringing up racer attendence numbers in their areas). There seems to be a few that are looking for the smallest of things to shoot a hole through this idea or any other one that is proposed to attract new racers in the sport.

Last edited by JLock; 11-12-2007 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Jspeed,

Do you now see what I was talking about with all the negativity of trying something new/different. There are too many out there that just like the status quo because it keeps them near/at the top of their class where they race. Many complain about not having new racers coming into the hobby but shoot down anything that might attract the very same racers that they whine about not coming out or starting to race. To me, there should be only two classes of IGT cars, spec box stock and open SS. That way, converted buggies and anyone that wants to change engines from the stock IGT can race that class and leave the only change to the box stock IGT is the radio (for more frequency flexibility). There should be no in between. You either run Spec stock or SS pro (or whatevery you want to call it). But, I will say it again, how does anyone know that it will work if they are so quick to shoot it down before ever trying it (had this type of discussion with some racers during the Sedan Nats about bringing up racer attendence numbers in their areas). There seems to be a few that are looking for the smallest of things to shoot a hole throw this idea or any other one that is proposed to attract new racers in the sport.
I hear you, there are a lot out there that don't want change.
They don't want our sport to go "mainstream", they could care less is RC racing becomes more accessable to Americans. They are the biggest problems in our sport.

“This town needs an enema!”
Old 11-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

I hear you, there are a lot out there that don't want change.
They don't want our sport to go "mainstream", they could care less is RC racing becomes more accessable to Americans. They are the biggest problems in our sport.

“This town needs an enema!”
Jspeed,

It is nice to see another racer like yourself that thinks more about the bigger picture when it comes to the racing aspect of this hobby. As a racer that thinks in similar fashion like you, I know that some ideas will not work everywhere. But, you have to try them first to see if they will work before the idea is thrown in the trash. Like Bvoltz' Bass Pro IGT class that he started late in the points series; I will get one and run it box stock except for the radio gear. If others that are scared to race see a more experienced racer running something like this, having fun, and running with the competition instead of way out in front of it, it might get them to start racing and repeat spectators might decide to take to plunge to get one and run since they see (and feel) that they can be just as competitive as the experienced guy. But, sharing tips and helping newbies goes a long way to help keep them in the sport of racing. I am not saying that the IGT class will be the savior to r/c racing, but anything that can attract new faces to racing is a step in the right direction.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Jspeed,

It is nice to see another racer like yourself that thinks more about the bigger picture when it comes to the racing aspect of this hobby. As a racer that thinks in similar fashion like you, I know that some ideas will not work everywhere. But, you have to try them first to see if they will work before the idea is thrown in the trash. Like Bvoltz' Bass Pro IGT class that he started late in the points series; I will get one and run it box stock except for the radio gear. If others that are scared to race see a more experienced racer running something like this, having fun, and running with the competition instead of way out in front of it, it might get them to start racing and repeat spectators might decide to take to plunge to get one and run since they see (and feel) that they can be just as competitive as the experienced guy. But, sharing tips and helping newbies goes a long way to help keep them in the sport of racing. I am not saying that the IGT class will be the savior to r/c racing, but anything that can attract new faces to racing is a step in the right direction.
That’s right Bro!

All you have to do is ask Barry at Bass Pro what cars attract the most people to his events and he’ll tell you it’s the Kyosho Inferno GT.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

That’s right Bro!

All you have to do is ask Barry at Bass Pro what cars attract the most people to his events and he’ll tell you it’s the Kyosho Inferno GT.
It is not just the IGT, it is nitro in particular. People like the sound/noise the car makes, the smoke coming from the pipes, as well as hearing it shift gears going down long straightaways. I should know because I raced Barry's series this year and have had many spectators ask me questions about the cars, prices, etc. When they see the expert nitro cars, they love to see the action but bristle when you tell them how much you have invested in the car. They bristle less when you tell them you spend half to a third less for the IGT and it is almost a complete package. This is where HPI dropped the ball when they had the perfect package. The RS4/RS4-2/Racer/Racer 2 was very inexpensive (under $200), almost complete (RS4 and RS4-2 RTR kits), and was pretty durable (parts found in almost every hobby shop you go to). I digress. This class, along with any others that folks come up with, will succeed only if it gets support from the die-hards, whether a few actually race it or at least give support (tips, advice, instructions) to the newbies running it.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

It is not just the IGT, it is nitro in particular. People like the sound/noise the car makes, the smoke coming from the pipes, as well as hearing it shift gears going down long straightaways. I should know because I raced Barry's series this year and have had many spectators ask me questions about the cars, prices, etc. When they see the expert nitro cars, they love to see the action but bristle when you tell them how much you have invested in the car. They bristle less when you tell them you spend half to a third less for the IGT and it is almost a complete package. This is where HPI dropped the ball when they had the perfect package. The RS4/RS4-2/Racer/Racer 2 was very inexpensive (under $200), almost complete (RS4 and RS4-2 RTR kits), and was pretty durable (parts found in almost every hobby shop you go to). I digress. This class, along with any others that folks come up with, will succeed only if it gets support from the die-hards, whether a few actually race it or at least give support (tips, advice, instructions) to the newbies running it.

Yes I'm in agreement with you guys....

Nitro is what brings people out to watch... and we need a class that will allow people to try R/C racing at reasonable price...

As far as to the questions that others are asking, can I run this can I run that... I would say, your answer is in the rules. Unless it is stated in the rules, it is not allowed.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Why is it that if someone doesn't agree 100% with you, that they are automatically "haters" or "stuck in the status-quo"? You make it seem like you're being attacked in all directions from people who are afraid of change. Cool your jets on the RCPro martyrdom, too. I've been a big proponent of the multi-class series for a long time—especially for dirt oval.

There are a handful of guys in this thread who jump down anyone's throat that isn't in complete agreement with them. It makes for a very one-sided and completely unproductive discussion, because anyone who has something different to interject is instantly attacked by the vocal few, which causes opposing ideas and comments to stay invisible.

I've been around this sport for 25 years now, and I have seen wave after tide of "new ways to go mainstream" or ideas to get more new people involved. A few of them work, most of them are dismal failures leaving a handful of racers with useless cars. Many fracture already solid classes that are stable and competitive. NONE of them can compete with video games, internet, and the vast majority of distractions most teens and twenty-somethings use to occupy their time and disposable income.

You can't be something to everyone, but you should try to be something to the people who are most likely to participate. If you think that is off road racers who want to try on road racing, then so be it. Make the class for them. If it's new R/C racers or electric guys making a transition to gas cars, then tailor it for them.

All you do when you convolute the rules and complicate things is drive everyone away. Build a simple set of rules and let people JOIN the class—don't try to design the rules around what you think people already have.

Here's your enema...
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it .

d
Old 11-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default body for inferno gt

Hi , I will know from someone you own a Inferno GT if it possible to fit a HPI 300mm super nitro body like the Corvette or the Lamborghini Diablo on a Kyosho Inferno GT ,thank you.

Alain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.