Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed

Just show everyone here a list of links where the Nova N21-5T engine you guys used in our $200 dollar or less GT Spec class and where it can be purchased for $199.99?
Here are some links to the N21-5T engine for 199.99

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/advanc...n21-5t&x=0&y=0
http://184.168.95.92/shop/product.ph...&cat=87&page=1

I think some of these guys want the $280 rule because it allows a higher quality, broader range of engines from more manufacturers. With the $200 rule you have less of a choice of quality engines. With just $80 more you get engines that have a lot better parts in them and better reliability.

Last edited by chicky03; 04-03-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

we choose another way to create and promote our GT class.

A lot of "offroaders" wants to play on concrete so, they decided to convert their buggy to GT chassis. But they allready have their buggy engines (cheap or expensive, italian or asiactic.....).

We decided to allow all the chassis and engine and for equity, we decided to block the transmission of the power to the ground.

We choose to allow only one type of tyre (provided by the organisation).
It's in real rubber and in hard compound.
We have only one set of tyres for a race day.

But, the year after, all racers bought race bodies (from italian brands) to improve the traction.
And then, we choose to allow only some bodies looking like real cars (Porsche, Subaru, Mercedes...)

It's our choice, adapted to our racing scene.
Maybee not possible by your side.

Au revoir,

Romuald
Old 04-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=zobeida;10518016]Congrats to all the winners

A Main Open
TQ Paolo Monganti

Guys thanks for the props. I had a really good time in PR. I have to say that even if a few years a go i was skeptical about the GT class, now i can say that i am a believer and i am hooked.
The tires have improved a lot providing great and consistent traction. My Alpha tires worked great the whole event, no fading even using super soft compounds.

I will like to thank the organizers of this event and my friends in PR for the hospitality.

Also i will like to thanks my sponsors Serpent, Desoto Racing, Novarossi, Ko Propo, Byrons, Avid, Team Titan, Enneti, Blitz, Alpha R/C

Next stop Mikes Hobbies in Porter TX.... See you there
Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
Here are some links to the N21-5T engine for 199.99

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/advanc...n21-5t&x=0&y=0
http://184.168.95.92/shop/product.ph...&cat=87&page=1

I think some of these guys want the $280 rule because it allows a higher quality, broader range of engines from more manufacturers. With the $200 rule you have less of a choice of quality engines. With just $80 more you get engines that have a lot better parts in them and better reliability.
Thank you for posting the links to the Novarossi engine. If I decided to purchase one later this year, let's hope the price doesn't increase as then it would not be a Spec-legal engine for Ipanema's Spec-class racing.

The $200 dollar and under rule has been working for the Midwest Series (from where organized GT racing started) and Ipanema races since their inception. No one that has raced in either series has had any issues or difficulties finding good quality engines that fit within their rules. In fact, at the 2010 Ipanema US GT Nats, most of us running in Spec were using the OS .21VG and the lap times weren't that far off from the Open class (less than 1.5 sec).

The main point is if you want to run in the Spec class and the rules presented are clear, abide by the rules or run in the Open class where any engine, regardless of price, is legal at Ipanema-sponsored races. Respect the rules of the organizers of the races being presented.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default GT class--buggy--based on road

Even though I did not attend the worlds due to medical condition, and for all those ungratefull , I would like to thank Jeff Vargas and Eggie for putting on a great race(as per everyones reactions to it).IPANEMA,come say it, you are not going to die. Give thanks and credit where it's due and use their names so everyone knows who were responsible for you having a good time,nuff said.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Question for my fellow GT racers. I'm putting new bearings in my DM1 car, but having a hard time getting the hex drives off the universals.

Has anyone come up with a tool or process to press the pins out.

Thanks in Advance
Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Anyone know the parts to convert a mbx6 to GT? Is it readily available?
Read that there were some conversions in a previous race
Thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Question for my fellow GT racers. I'm putting new bearings in my DM1 car, but having a hard time getting the hex drives off the universals.

Has anyone come up with a tool or process to press the pins out.

Thanks in Advance

If you used threadlock on the pin set screw, just heat it with a lighter and will come off easily,

regards,
Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DRRC
Thanks
I'm playing with a conversion my self. Found shock towers at SNR, but have really not found much else.

Last edited by Grenade10; 04-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
If you used threadlock on the pin set screw, just heat it with a lighter and will come off easily,

regards,
DUH!!!!!

It's been so long since I had built this car (3 years) that I forgot about the set screw in the wheel hub. No wonder I could not press the pin out.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I'm playing with a conversion my self. Found shock towers at SNR, but have really found much else.
what about the 2 speed conversion
what did you use
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oskygt
Even though I did not attend the worlds due to medical condition, and for all those ungratefull , I would like to thank Jeff Vargas and Eggie for putting on a great race(as per everyones reactions to it).IPANEMA,come say it, you are not going to die. Give thanks and credit where it's due and use their names so everyone knows who were responsible for you having a good time,nuff said.
Thanks bro,

Sorry you couldn’t make it, hope you’re feeling well.

Don’t let those ungrateful POS upset you too much, those guys would rather slit their own wrists than ever refer to the Ipanema GT World Championships event by its proper name; let alone acknowledge the names of those who make the greatest GT Only race possible, year after year.

Take care of yourself, I hope to see you again soon!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DRRC
Thanks
I have a friend that makes a conversion that works great, if you're interested let me know in a pm. Good luck!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Thank you for posting the links to the Novarossi engine. If I decided to purchase one later this year, let's hope the price doesn't increase as then it would not be a Spec-legal engine for Ipanema's Spec-class racing.

The $200 dollar and under rule has been working for the Midwest Series (from where organized GT racing started) and Ipanema races since their inception. No one that has raced in either series has had any issues or difficulties finding good quality engines that fit within their rules. In fact, at the 2010 Ipanema US GT Nats, most of us running in Spec were using the OS .21VG and the lap times weren't that far off from the Open class (less than 1.5 sec).

The main point is if you want to run in the Spec class and the rules presented are clear, abide by the rules or run in the Open class where any engine, regardless of price, is legal at Ipanema-sponsored races. Respect the rules of the organizers of the races being presented.
Juan,

Save your breath, the same group of guys start the same engine bs every year after our GT Worlds. Its like a broken record any more, lol

We'll just keep doing our thing, having fun and they'll keep crying every April, lol
Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
I have a friend that makes a conversion that works great, if you're interested let me know in a pm. Good luck!
I'm interested ........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.