Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default GT RACE in Quito, Ecuador

Hey Tony, I posted some pictures in this other thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...race-peru.html

Track is super nice, no walls, everything is surrounded by grass, the driver stand and pit area are A+ not to mention local racers are super friendly and well organized, definitively a great opportunity to travel since tickets to Quito, Ecuador from Miami can be found on the $300's if bought with time. Their currency is U.S. Dollars which makes it even easier for us too.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here some pics of the track in Ecuador, August 2012 17th - 19th (track open from 16th), 67 meters back straigh (218 feet), grass sorrounding all track, very very nice !!! :

Rules for the race, same as in Peru :

- USD$ 280 engine pricing limit.
- Shaft driven cars only.
- No Centax Clutch allowed, only 3-4 shoes offroad type clutches.
- No solid axles allowed (front or rear).
- No Thorsen like diffs allowed
- Only rubber tires.
- GT Bodies only (engine head remains under the body)
- 2 speedbox allowed.

cya !
Old 03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WOW! That is one beautiful track I wish I can race on that track.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sedan & GT Race in Ecuador

You will love it, I had the opportunity to race there in November and had a blast! Raul the track owner who owns the local hobby shop as well will be waiting for you with a bottle of Johnny Walker for sure (after the morning coffee of course Lol... )

Great friends and a very high level of competition as well, locals are smoking fast!! wont be dissapointed if you decide to go.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default WAOO

NICE TRACK,GOOD LUCK IN YOUR EVENT!!!

HEY RINO NICE TO MEET YOU, REMEMBER ALL THAT SPEAK MANY OF THOSE THINGS WILL HELP ME TO BE BETTER. THANKS
Old 03-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CHALAS RACING
NICE TRACK,GOOD LUCK IN YOUR EVENT!!!

HEY RINO NICE TO MEET YOU, REMEMBER ALL THAT SPEAK MANY OF THOSE THINGS WILL HELP ME TO BE BETTER. THANKS
Juan,

It was nice meeting you, thanks for the hospitality and hope to see you guys soon.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi

Rules for the race, same as in Peru :

- Only rubber tires.

cya !
Looks like fun.

Are you planning on running the same "fine print" on your tire rules as you did in Peru?

•El ancho mαximo de los neumαticos serα de 45 mm.
http://apercar.com/copa_del_pacifico.html

Just asking, since no company makes a 45mm tire for GT cars, 47mm wides yes, but 45mm's... who figured that interesting little known tire rule out and why? ....
Old 03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Looks like fun.

Are you planning on running the same "fine print" on your tire rules as you did in Peru?

•El ancho mαximo de los neumαticos serα de 45 mm.
http://apercar.com/copa_del_pacifico.html

Just asking, since no company makes a 45mm tire for GT cars, 47mm wides yes, but 45mm's... who figured that interesting little known tire rule out and why? ....

Really dont know, will ask but thats not good lol ! ... updated rulebook in spanish is :

http://www.apercar.com/pdf/reglament...egoria_1-8.pdf

But that 45mm rule is still there, will check with organizers ... during the race they checked weight, fuel, body, etc but no size of tires ...

regards,
Old 03-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Really dont know, will ask but thats not good lol ! ...

But that 45mm rule is still there, will check with organizers ...

regards,
Pretty funny huh?

Why settle on 45mm?
Why not 42mm or 43mm or 44mm or 46mm or 90mm?

Ah yes, those funny little fine print tire rules, they never seem to come to light, lol

Be careful with those engine pricing rules too, someone might lower their pricing just to compete in your event, then raise it up after it's all over. lol

Just saying.....
Old 03-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Pretty funny huh?

Why settle on 45mm?

Ah yes, those funny little fine print tire rules, they never seem to come to light, lol

Be careful with those engine pricing rules too, someone might lower their pricing just to compete in your event, then raise it up after it's all over. lol

Just saying.....
Peru rules are regulated by APERCAR, which compares to ROAR in the U.S. if you disagree with their rules you can contact them directly at www.apercar.com, we are promoting an event with no other interest than bringing people together from different parts of the world to have a good event. No matter what product they use.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Rino,

Thanks for the corporate pep talk and form letter response, but the questions were for Tabushi, not you, ok. lol

Patricio is a respected GT racer from when our class first began; one of South America’s GT class racing founders. His positive influence has helped make many GT races possible there too.

He already posted he would look into it, so ………………….

By the way, Congrats on your TQ run in Spec at the 2012 Ipanema GT World Championships last weekend. The new car looked real good on the track.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Pretty funny huh?

Why settle on 45mm?

Just saying.....

Jeff ... im pretty sure there is no hidden reason for tire rule, maybe they even typed wrong i dont know, but during the event, as i said, they checked all parameters from technical rulebook except this about tires, maybe just because i does not make sense, i really dont know but i will find the reason ...

About engines, i dont understand your comment ... all engine rules were respected in Peru 100% and even if someone had an unknown engine organization and even drivers checked on internet to verify pricing, ports number, etc ...

Sorry but thinking on what you are trying to push about, its really crazy, first because as far as i see, all GT racers are FAIR PEOPLE and event if they have doubts about anything, allways all people speak between each other in order to clarify everything in advance during the race ... and in order to do what you are saying, should be a MAJOR MOVE from a manufacturer, modifying online pricing in the whole online world, just crazy i must say. And i really DONT KNOW WHY YOU MENTION THAT ...

regards,
Old 03-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

i really DONT KNOW WHY YOU MENTION THAT ...

regards,
…. Just a word to the wise old friend.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Jeff,

Congrats to you on putting together the event, Puerto Rico was lots of fun, hope to make it next year with better luck.
Since I am peruvian I had some information of what you were talking about, but good luck with that anyway.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here we go again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.