Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT class--buggy-based on road! >

GT class--buggy-based on road!

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Old 02-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Just spoke with Eggie the Race Director of Barceloneta and he said the local TV stations are running commercials for the event.
We may actually get a pretty good spectator turnout, might help grow the GT class even more in Puerto Rico because of it.

If any of you still thinking of attending you have some time left to join the party.

There's 23 days to go until the start of the 2012 GT World Championships!

For more GT Worlds event info click here.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Just spoke with Eggie the Race Director of Barceloneta and he said the local TV stations are running commercials for the event.
We may actually get a pretty good spectator turnout, might help grow the GT class even more in Puerto Rico because of it.

If any of you still thinking of attending you have some time left to join the party.

There's 23 days to go until the start of the 2012 GT World Championships!

For more GT Worlds event info click here.
Yes that is correct. There is TV ads, newspapers, etc. The most read newspaper is sponsoring the event and will be there for race coverage.

Well guys there is still time to race with us in the most important race of the year for GTs.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

News and TV coverage of an r/c race, wow!!!! Can't wait to come down and be part of this!!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Jlock are you planning on racing GT at the SWCS race #2 in March at Dallas?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chaderick
Jlock are you planning on racing GT at the SWCS race #2 in March at Dallas?
It will be kind of hard for me to attend that SWCS race when I will be in Barceloneta, Puerto Rico running at the third annual Ipanema GT World Championship that same weekend. Going to have fun in the sun, see plenty of hot chicas, eat some great local foods, see plenty of terrific sites in-between time, and try to bring the GT World Championship back to the states (currently held by a racer that runs at the Barceloneta track).
Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
It will be kind of hard for me to attend that SWCS race when I will be in Barceloneta, Puerto Rico running at the third annual Ipanema GT World Championship that same weekend. Going to have fun in the sun, see plenty of hot chicas, eat some great local foods, see plenty of terrific sites in-between time, and try to bring the GT World Championship back to the states (currently held by a racer that runs at the Barceloneta track).
You go it right, the competition will be even stiffer with some of the fast guys from the other categories getting into GT. In the last race the track record was again broken so to have the TQ one needs to get into 13 laps. To have an idea the Sedan guys do 14 laps. About the hot chicas you can bet there will be some great looking girls there. I know there will be some models from one of the race sponsors. Plus we want to keep the GT Championship here in the Tropical home.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

So the GT track qualifing record was broken again last weekend?

Chicas too?

Competition at it's very best, this is going to be another great GT World Championships!

Last edited by Jspeed; 02-28-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Good Luck to all at the Ipanema race. Do you have a updated list of drivers who are entered and where they are from/chassis/engines.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jneg
You go it right, the competition will be even stiffer with some of the fast guys from the other categories getting into GT. In the last race the track record was again broken so to have the TQ one needs to get into 13 laps. To have an idea the Sedan guys do 14 laps. About the hot chicas you can bet there will be some great looking girls there. I know there will be some models from one of the race sponsors. Plus we want to keep the GT Championship here in the Tropical home.

I know you want to keep the title in Puerto Rico, but, you can't stop us from wanting to bring it back to the mainland. It will definite be some good racing and good on-track battles when the flag drops.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Guys, saturdays news paper did a 2 page article on RC racing in Puerto Rico, I guess they are building up to cover the Worlds race !!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Looking forward to seeing all the racers that are coming down to our Island for the race! You will be greeted with nice warm weather and an awesome track that is sure to challenge the best of the best!

Totally stoked to see that there is going to be big international crew coming down as well as our local contingent! Lookin forward to burnin rubber with the best of the best!!! Cheers people

havy
Old 02-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by havy
Looking forward to seeing all the racers that are coming down to our Island for the race! You will be greeted with nice warm weather and an awesome track that is sure to challenge the best of the best!

Totally stoked to see that there is going to be big international crew coming down as well as our local contingent! Lookin forward to burnin rubber with the best of the best!!! Cheers people

havy
Looking forward to see you again, my friend!! Heard that you have gotten much faster and are blistering the competition lately. Heck, you were fast enough back in December while I was down so it looks like I have more of an uphill battle to hang with you now!!

Hey, are you going to have some of that "home brew" with you? I think that is part of your secrets to racing!!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

@ JLock, shhh can't give out all my speed secrets! There will definitely be some there for the race, should be prime just in time for the race wk!

Sure will be good to see you gus down here again! Get your cars in shape cuz the locals are getting faster and faster.

See ya soon
Old 02-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oskygt
Guys, saturdays news paper did a 2 page article on RC racing in Puerto Rico, I guess they are building up to cover the Worlds race !!
Very cool, I'd like to see that!

Catch up with all of ya'll soon!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Canīt Wait for the 21

were is the entry race list?

Regards,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.