Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
I just got my corvette gt2 in the mail today, I had it on order for a month now. Too bad the last race was last weekend at my outdoor track. I will be out there next year with a brand new car. I can't wait
I look forward to seeing you out there! I assume your talking about Joyce. My buddy and I picked up some IGT's about mid summer but wanted to get some practice laps, time in, and some general know how before you jump on the track. Maybe the 3 of us could all get together one of these weekends. I have a new Picco on the way I need to break in.....
Look forward to seeing you at the track and racing!
Ryan
Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

so what is a decent setup for medium grip track, is there any extra springs, or diff oils needed, where is the connection for the tires?
you can well start with the stock setup, Ipanema/Sintec and GRP tires work well for us

Last edited by MikaR; 10-29-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpespo
OK cool, it was nice meeting you DM-1 guys, Duron too.
Hey whats up? Rich it was nice meeting you too this is Duron and we really enjoyed the I-95 race also,301 raceway is a blessing to have in your backyard and its a nice and challenging track too and you can really get alot of help from the other racers who comes there as well,but we hope you do come back and bring some of your other buddies as well so we can get big turn outs for the GT class and we can get this class to grow up this way like it is in florida,your car looks good,but im not a fan of the stock motor,had them and just kept having problem with them thats why I changed my motor on the gt2 when I raced it at I-95 race but just my opinion but keep in touch and let us know of any gt class racing we surely will attend!!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

hey i live down in miami fl. ive got a gt2..looking for where i can get some spare parts..maybe locally if not any online??? any shops?
thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Elies12
hey i live down in miami fl. ive got a gt2..looking for where i can get some spare parts..maybe locally if not any online??? any shops?
thanks
I run the Audi car here in Georgia. I hope to make it to Florida soon. We have just stocked up on GT2 parts. With another order coming tomorrow with some additional items. You can search on GT2 on our site, here is a direct link though. We are working on re-tooling the site nav to accommodate finding on-road items easier. Let me know if you need any other help.

http://www.modhobby.com/catalog/search?searchitem=gt2
Old 10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Elies12
thanks
Hey!! Whats happening, you can get alot of the IGT2 parts from A-Main Hobby they basically have everything you'll need to upgrade you IGT2 monster, especially for racing and most of the parts are in stock too,and they also carry good off road and on-road engines thats great for this car too but for me ill be using the Ninja jx-bo1 .21 buggy engine in mines,but first ill call kyosho tech and get all part numbers for the hopups like I did then go on A-Main Hobby and they will have everything at reasonable prices,and after you get them you will really love your IGT2 for sure!! and good luck on your project I love the result ive got cant wait to race it now!!! please make sure you make your body more stable too!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Any of you Florida guys on here....

I am moving to Tampa in February.

I recall talk of an IGT class in Tampa from these forums earlier this year.

Can anyone direct me to more info.....class rules, etc.
I believe it was the SS speedway in Tampa?

I can't seem to find a whole lot about it online so any info would be helpful....

I know my car is far from stock, and I think I recall the rules being very strict there.

I know there is info on here, but I dont feel like reading through 49 pages. haha
Old 10-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trt3r
Any of you Florida guys on here....

I am moving to Tampa in February.

I recall talk of an IGT class in Tampa from these forums earlier this year.

Can anyone direct me to more info.....class rules, etc.
I believe it was the SS speedway in Tampa?

I can't seem to find a whole lot about it online so any info would be helpful....

I know my car is far from stock, and I think I recall the rules being very strict there.

I know there is info on here, but I dont feel like reading through 49 pages. haha
Try the link below, the rules are stated for each class.... The rules seem to have been updates as of Oct. 21st & 22nd.

http://www.ronniesetser.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=44
Old 10-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanrc03
I look forward to seeing you out there! I assume your talking about Joyce. My buddy and I picked up some IGT's about mid summer but wanted to get some practice laps, time in, and some general know how before you jump on the track. Maybe the 3 of us could all get together one of these weekends. I have a new Picco on the way I need to break in.....
Look forward to seeing you at the track and racing!
Ryan
yeah I am talking about joyce park, It will be a fun summer for sure. I actually have an original igt for sale that is only broken in for $275 if you or anyone wants one. Never been on the ground. Gimme a pm and I will give you my info and we can get together sometime.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

yeah I am talking about joyce park, It will be a fun summer for sure. I actually have an original igt for sale that is only broken in for $275 if you or anyone wants one. Never been on the ground. Gimme a pm and I will give you my info and we can get together sometime.
For sure, sent you a pm with my info. I am going to try to break in my new picco tomorrow and get some laps on it this weekend, before it gets too cold. forecast looks decent at 61 and 65 this weekend.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Alll right Dm-1 drivers I got some numbers you maybe interested in for better set-ups

40739 Dm-1 white (med)short spring for the front
40740 Dm-1 yellow(hard)short spring for the front
40752 Dm-1 spec white (med) long spring for the rear
40753 Dm-1 spec yellow(hard) long spring for the rear
40620 fuel tank lid opener (black)
40742 lightwieght pivot balls for the front steering(qty.4)
40731 cnc aluminum shock stay for the front
41020 cnc lightweight shock post (must use 41009 screws 3x25mm)

options to help out you Dm-1 drivers get more balance for your car.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can someone tell me the chassis different between the DM1 Spec Pro kit (roller) and the DM1 Spec RTR kit....?

I know the RTR has the $20 radio and servo and the Mercedes body...but I am more interested to know does the DM1 Spec Pro (roller only) has extra options on the kit itself that RTR kit does not...

Trying to compare price now...may be I would pay alittle more to buy the KIT version and add the $150 .28 force motor and get the body that I want, instead of getting that ugly Mercedes body, some no use tires, no use radio system and save $20-30 only...

Thanks guys...from what I am looking @ OFNA site, seems like the KIT version is the same as the RTR version except using the Protoform body, no engine, no pipe set and that radio system....everything else (about the chassis) are the same....correct?
Old 10-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Can someone tell me the chassis different between the DM1 Spec Pro kit (roller) and the DM1 Spec RTR kit....?

I know the RTR has the $20 radio and servo and the Mercedes body...but I am more interested to know does the DM1 Spec Pro (roller only) has extra options on the kit itself that RTR kit does not...

Trying to compare price now...may be I would pay alittle more to buy the KIT version and add the $150 .28 force motor and get the body that I want, instead of getting that ugly Mercedes body, some no use tires, no use radio system and save $20-30 only...

Thanks guys...from what I am looking @ OFNA site, seems like the KIT version is the same as the RTR version except using the Protoform body, no engine, no pipe set and that radio system....everything else (about the chassis) are the same....correct?
The ARR has the tires/wheels unglued with 100k fluid in the front diff and 50k in the rear. 80wt oil in the shocks and the unpainted PF8 body. The RTR has unknown shock oil and grease in the diffs. Do to the parts forming methods of Hong Nor, you get almost every high wear part on the car in duplicate with the ARR version. My ARR required very little adjustment to get it to the reccomended chassis settings.The RTR body actually has very good balance with front/rear down force and has been raced with success. Most of our customers recognize it as a Merc. and like it pretty much. It is very different from the merc like body on the GTP2. The only useable part of the radio servo package is the switch if you use them. The other difference with the two is the RTR has a metal disk with standard pads and the ARR has the Jammin fiber disk with bare metal pads. Things I liked about the car in general is the 2 peice diff mount, the ball and cup type sway bars, easy and plentiful chassis adjustments, pillow ball front and rear, proven and smooth aluminum shocks that build up easy and consistent, unglued tires so at least you have a fresh set of wheels to add the rubber of your choice, and the top of line 2 speed tranny with durable shoes instead of the harsh shifting dog type 2 speed.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

While many people are saying that online places have GT2 parts, I can't seem to find any place that has the GT2 Audi body.

Can ya help a brotha!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by technazi
While many people are saying that online places have GT2 parts, I can't seem to find any place that has the GT2 Audi body.

Can ya help a brotha!
I believe that the GT2 bodies hasnt yet been released yet,because im also looking for them as well especially the Audi body but from my understanding they should be available for sale the end of this month or the first week of next month A-Main Hobby has them on backorder already and just waiting for there order to come!!! and then they will post for sale!! on kyosho site they say available oct-30-08!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.