Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CharlieJT
Anybody here have any experience of converting 1/8 buggies to GT cars? I ask because none of the current GT cars are well supported in my area in terms of spare parts. I am tempted by a Losi/TLR 8ight 3.0 since it seems to have a lot of good reviews, is well supported in my area (even 8ight 1.0 parts are still easy to find), have a good price and I used to own a 8ight-e-T 1.0 a few years ago.

Has anyone here made their own custom chassis? If so, how did you cut out holes for counter-sunk threads? What tools did you use to do it. And finally has anyone here moulded custom bodyshells? I ask because I saw a couple of people on YouTube doing this and was interested in designing my own bodyshells, thanks.
I have not, but I've seen one done using some nitro dirt oval parts. Don't remember what they used for a 2 speed. Racer in LA has converted a Mugen MBX7 that is fast, he used a Team C two speed / brake mount. Custom top plate to use the MRX two speed ......
Old 08-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone converted an Xray XB chassis to GT? If so I would love to see pictures and details of what was used.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlGio
Has anyone converted an Xray XB chassis to GT? If so I would love to see pictures and details of what was used.
Think Spooky did. Should be in the thread.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've done a couple of conversions, but Speedy1 has an xray done with info on here . Check it out.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Thanks, I found the forums and they look really good! There are a lot of custom made parts on those and without the right machinery it would be hard to make. I just emailed Xray to question if they plan on making one in the future but have not received any answer yet.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guy which gt the best one the team c , ofna x3 or the serpent
Old 09-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Edit

Last edited by J-milz; 09-18-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carl jr
Think this question has been answered in the near past. It might depend on the driver's liking and availiabity of getting parts. Some need more upgrades than others. There's RTR and kits availiable. I like Serpent for me.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have to go with Pit Racer. Serpent is top notch.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by carl jr
In my opinion and experience with the cars the Serpent Cobra GT is my horse of choice. From the beginning I like many others started with the Kyosho which plagued me with broken parts and poor racability compared to at the time just released Team C. So I jumped ship over to the Team C.

The Team C was a great car but after only a few months on the car I began to experience mechanical failures costing me finishes. The parts at the time were from Hong Kong so I was looking +$100 each time I wanted something new or implemented a fix. That season I took the car to the Timezone GP and placed 5th in the A after dominating the B main. Car was great however I made some contacts at that race that would soon get me over to Serpent.

I decided to be the odd man out locally and picked up the Serpent Cobra GT. From the build until now I have loved this car. Everything is purpose build for your racer heart. I dont break parts so the money I had grown use to spending on parts now goes to upgrades. The car can be set up numerous ways and still perform. The Cobra GT is my choice and its a very easy one. This is the only car you can customize to match your driving style. Also the support behind the Cobra GT far out weighs support for the other cars.

Now we have the X3, I've seen her, shes fast but I've seen the same kind of part failures I have seen on the Team C. Still new to the market this would be a good car for those who like to run something different than everyone else.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Now we have the X3, I've seen her, shes fast but I've seen the same kind of part failures I have seen on the Team C. Still new to the market this would be a good car for those who like to run something different than everyone else.
Hey, you talking about ME ..............
Old 09-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

We're always talking about you , Mark.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Yup he was.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:54 AM
Tech Addict

Default really ?

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
In my opinion and experience with the cars the Serpent Cobra GT is my horse of choice. From the beginning I like many others started with the Kyosho which plagued me with broken parts and poor racability compared to at the time just released Team C. So I jumped ship over to the Team C.

The Team C was a great car but after only a few months on the car I began to experience mechanical failures costing me finishes. The parts at the time were from Hong Kong so I was looking +$100 each time I wanted something new or implemented a fix. That season I took the car to the Timezone GP and placed 5th in the A after dominating the B main. Car was great however I made some contacts at that race that would soon get me over to Serpent.

I decided to be the odd man out locally and picked up the Serpent Cobra GT. From the build until now I have loved this car. Everything is purpose build for your racer heart. I dont break parts so the money I had grown use to spending on parts now goes to upgrades. The car can be set up numerous ways and still perform. The Cobra GT is my choice and its a very easy one. This is the only car you can customize to match your driving style. Also the support behind the Cobra GT far out weighs support for the other cars.

It was probably your lack of 'maintenance' that caused the TeamC failures because Marcus Williams doesn't like 'bashing' on his TeamC. If you don't have such a big urge to do 'race-rubbing', the Kyosho is fine for the beginner........I have statements from 'Kyosho America'.

And to set the record straight, I had to do a McGyver fix for your brand new Serpent the morning of your first outing with that car at IRCR.

I never made the harmful statements you claim I did about Kyosho, TeamC or Paolo. Marcus pushed you to misinterpret my message and sent you the PM that you admit to and witnesses have verified.

I'm amazed that someone thinks you are 'Tech-Elite'........you were going to 'pack-it-up' and go home that day until I volunteered to fix your car.

I've made no 'bold statements'..........concerning the TeamC issue, I was mirroring comments made by TeamC users that were not happy with the 'failure rate' you acknowledge. I'm not the one that 'stepped in it' here by stating the Kyosho has 'poor racability'................ A 'bold' and 'stupid' statement is is like your claim 'Paolo can spank us on 3 wheels'..........really !!

Is it still true that you have not yet been on 'the podium' at a major event. I think it will remain so because there are too many 'factory drivers' including the one that can 'spank you on 3 wheels'.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting response.................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.