Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Yup, MR POND get yer finger outta yer fundamental and press the button and make our world wide sanctioning body (ROAR) put this misery to sleep.

All the other class' ROAR has established are stable and pretty much self regulating.

PLEASE HELP GT8 GROW UP and move on from this miserable bitch fest. You set the rules and we'll follow.................PLEASE.

Jacko
I've already submitted rules that are being fine tuned. They've been in the process all along. It takes a while to research all the particulars of the rules because, lets face it, we all know what vague rules have done for us in the past. Everyone seems to want "simple" rules, but when costly developments arise from the huge gaps left by "simple" rules, the class always develops into higher and higher costs, and the participation level drops. It's very exciting and refreshing to see the discussions here turn in the direction of keeping things simple and low cost. The proposed ROAR rules do exactly that, and in a manner that's as inclusive as possible, without leaving too many doors open for anyone to manipulate the rules for their own purposes, ahead of what's good for the GT racing community. I've weighed and measured (or at least checked the specs of the less popular cars), broken down and spec'd dozens of engines, measured all the popular wheels and tires, considered many different options related to bodies, etc., etc. It's got to be a deliberate process with effective limits on technology to prevent the cost of the products from spiraling out of control. It's happened in every other class since the beginning of time, and I'd like this one to be different so, when someone invests their hard earned money to join this class, it's something they're going to be able to enjoy for quite some time. There's one more round of tweaks that need to be made to the rules, and then I'll speak to the Prez to see if we can publish them for comment. If there's agreement among the ROAR staff, perhaps we can have something to post within a week or two.

And I don't have my finger in any orifice, thank you very much.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
I've already submitted rules that are being fine tuned. They've been in the process all along. It takes a while to research all the particulars of the rules because, lets face it, we all know what vague rules have done for us in the past. Everyone seems to want "simple" rules, but when costly developments arise from the huge gaps left by "simple" rules, the class always develops into higher and higher costs, and the participation level drops. It's very exciting and refreshing to see the discussions here turn in the direction of keeping things simple and low cost. The proposed ROAR rules do exactly that, and in a manner that's as inclusive as possible, without leaving too many doors open for anyone to manipulate the rules for their own purposes, ahead of what's good for the GT racing community. I've weighed and measured (or at least checked the specs of the less popular cars), broken down and spec'd dozens of engines, measured all the popular wheels and tires, considered many different options related to bodies, etc., etc. It's got to be a deliberate process with effective limits on technology to prevent the cost of the products from spiraling out of control. It's happened in every other class since the beginning of time, and I'd like this one to be different so, when someone invests their hard earned money to join this class, it's something they're going to be able to enjoy for quite some time. There's one more round of tweaks that need to be made to the rules, and then I'll speak to the Prez to see if we can publish them for comment. If there's agreement among the ROAR staff, perhaps we can have something to post within a week or two.

And I don't have my finger in any orifice, thank you very much.
Thanks Steve, very clear and encouraging.

And Steve, please take no offense at the finger thing, the language just seemed to fit the previous environs on this thread hahahahaha
Old 09-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

No offense taken. Please note the smiley. I know it's all in good fun.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Heads up, you may beg and wish all you want be it's not happening for 2014 either.
I received an email a few days prior to posting IGT8F rules from supporters that are a very much a big part ROAR. It included a copy of the actual submitted rules for GT8, even rules for a Modified Class of GT8 with all the exact details to definition of each rule. I was even excited! But at the annual meeting once again, GT was not even mentioned. I then got the GREEN light to my creation, and a "Thank you for stepping up and finally moving us forward".

Take it as you want, but your never answered my questions.
Tony tu eres hermano de Jeff Vargas hahahahaha' por eso la clase no crece, muchos intereses.....
Old 09-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Santa Claus in September, Cool

One thing I really hope Roar has taken to heart is that GT8 has been mislabeled a “Beginners’ Class” please do not make that popular mistake when writing & publishing the rules.

GT8 racing has developed into something special & would be sad if we couldn’t arrive at a way to encourage both skilled and sportsman type levels at Roar events.

All we can do now is Hurry up and wait.

Thanks for the great news Mr. Pond
Old 09-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Need a restraining order for Marcus

Really???
I was at all of the major events this year , you did not see me because you are not allowed at two of the venues and a no show at the others. You dont even race anymore which is crazy.Getting banned from multiple venues shows a character flaw, you may try and make out to be the good guy on the forum but in real life your just a washed up has been that needs to seriously concentrate on your quality of life.

I have been a nutritionist for almost 20years, all bullshit aside and seriously if you need help with your health and weight problems hit me up I would be glad to get you on the right track. I cant imagine having to live that way , I would be bitter too. Good news is that it can be turned around, its never too late all you need is the motivation and proper know how to get some of that weight off. Unfortunately keyboard typing doesnt burn off enough calories to get you in shape. I am reaching out to you all you have to do is ask.

Above is a PM I JUST received from Marcus Williams. He gets his Council from Vargas AKA the cancer

(I have never pmed this person)

Do you talk to him often LMAO………… Great person to get information from

Funny thing Marcus what heck are you talking about. What 2 venues am I not allowed at? Mikes is the ONLY place as I Happily pointed out because of a thief I THREATENED to do physical harm to 2 years ago.

I race all the time…. Oh wait you must be jealous that I do all the work and my Son or Good friend Aja get to concentrate on nothing but GREAT DRIVING. IT’S CALLED A RACE TEAM.

In fact I just rebuilt my car for this week ends Roar 1 Regional race and am all packed to go. My Team is gonna love it as they always do.
All you do is blah blah blah……….

Yup I am Fat. You needed someone to pm you and tell you that? Guess nothing gets by you.
I need to explain what to you??
Oh yea Nothing

I don’t try to be a good guy on the forums I am the same in person as I am behind a keyboard, exactly the same. You should try it, called being honest, its easy to figure out the same all the time.

You cannot seem to help yourself, you tell the entire forum over and over you are an expert at whatever the conversation, now an expert nutritionist for 20 years. With all those diploma’s and degree’s you must be about 60 years old and a Multi Millionare

Sounds more like you are Jack of all trades master of None.

I have blocked you from trying to PM me and notified RC tech that you need help.

As I stated already it will be my pleasure for me NEVER SEE OR SPEAK OF ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH YOU.

Am I clear enough for you? Go Away
Old 09-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tony, good luck with your red's racing spec class and I hope to see a sportsman class as well. Let's hope Roar does right by us and includes GT after all these years of trying.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry to all on this thread who actually end up reading the soap Opera as the GT turns.

This thread should not be full of any of this. I felt the need to defend myself against this person.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Smile GT needs cooler heads

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Sorry to all on this thread who actually end up reading the soap Opera as the GT turns.

This thread should not be full of any of this. I felt the need to defend myself against this person.
Sorry to see you take a hit like that Leon.

Thanks for the clutch bearing at TZGP a year ago that allowed me to race in B Main. (I'm still willing to pay you for it even though you wouldn't take $ at the time)

Maybe ROAR can't consider wasting time on a bunch of degenerates that can't co-exist on a piece of asphalt while chasing each other with ingenious little nitro powered /radio controlled cars. They'd rather try devouring each other in hate filled 'posts' on the darned 'internet' and feed ravenous egos of 'ill-repute'.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

No offense taken. Please note the smiley. I know it's all in good fun.

We've had long discussions about the GT class on the forums, but never a dedicated thread about the car that got the class started, so I figured it's time to have a forum where we can share developments, set-ups and other information about the Inferno GT, GT2, and GT2 Race Spec as well as the upcoming GT2 VE Race Spec. ****

And coming from the man that started the Kyosho IGT thread last yr and has worked/still working for Kyosho America and was grass roots in development of the car that started this GT CLASS and has raced many GT events, it can be only fitting that you set the wheels spinning at ROAR....this is so great to see you have stepped in to put an end to the MADNESS STEVEP !!

I will be eager to hear the ROAR finalized rules !!
Thanks...

Hugh Silvera....avid GT8 supporter...
Old 09-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Smile

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Sorry to see you take a hit like that Leon.

Thanks for the clutch bearing at TZGP a year ago that allowed me to race in B Main. (I'm still willing to pay you for it even though you wouldn't take $ at the time)

Maybe ROAR can't consider wasting time on a bunch of degenerates that can't co-exist on a piece of asphalt while chasing each other with ingenious little nitro powered /radio controlled cars. They'd rather try devouring each other in hate filled 'posts' on the darned 'internet' and feed ravenous egos of 'ill-repute'.

Jerry did you and the camaro make theTZ race this year?

Just didn’t fit in the budget this year for us to come, I still think other tracks should bank the sweeper turn like they do

Roar looks like they are stepping up that should help for sure.

Lets hope the storm is over…. I can take it its only words

For the 99th time send me 40 dollars for that bearing…

Your welcome, anytime

Old 09-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Smile Caster disaster

Wow, heard from Steve P. after long absence. Cool.

Steve, I see where 'someone' has been playing around with the mold fixture for the steering 'carriers' on the GT2 as evidenced by the removal of the 'bump' point by creating a nifty bevel. (object lesson for 'new guys' that don't have to grind off the bump-stop now)

The logical follow-through would be to ease the angle of the caster while so close to the fix that could put Kyosho back on the podium. In the meantime, I've got my own cure for it that I have to test elsewhere because of an issue I have with the local "hothead".

I really liked your videos on the 'rallye car' (under the overpass)......great.

The Kyosho needs to come back with 'certainty'..............please mister Kyosho.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Smile 1Speedy

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Jerry did you and the camaro make theTZ race this year?

Just didn’t fit in the budget this year for us to come, I still think other tracks should bank the sweeper turn like they do

Roar looks like they are stepping up that should help for sure.

Lets hope the storm is over…. I can take it its only words

For the 99th time send me 40 dollars for that bearing…

Your welcome, anytime

Camaro didn't go, I took Kyosho cars and Serpent......plus......plus......stuff.
Had to use my truck.

Went back to venerable Kyosho because of not enough track time w/snake.

What I found out was 'don't help new found friend.....Richard to understand that his Ofna should not be running 10,000 diff lube in front'. He was all over me later. Lots of fun.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

=*1speedy;12573145]I don’t try to be a good guy on the forums I am the same in person as I am behind a keyboard, exactly the same.
1Speedy .... Glad to pit / race / and discuss GT RC racing with you anytime. As you said the same conversation and points in person as the thread.

Maybe I'll see you in Homestead ...... business is starting to pick up.

Mark
Old 09-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Wow, heard from Steve P. after long absence. Cool.

Steve, I see where 'someone' has been playing around with the mold fixture for the steering 'carriers' on the GT2 as evidenced by the removal of the 'bump' point by creating a nifty bevel. (object lesson for 'new guys' that don't have to grind off the bump-stop now)

The logical follow-through would be to ease the angle of the caster while so close to the fix that could put Kyosho back on the podium. In the meantime, I've got my own cure for it that I have to test elsewhere because of an issue I have with the local "hothead".

I really liked your videos on the 'rallye car' (under the overpass)......great.

+1....great to see another Kyosho GT Fanatic like myself....YEZZZZ PLEZZZ MR. KYOSHO !!!! CASTER IS A DISASTER !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.