GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

I used soft on the inside and medium on the outside. And Paolo used medium all the way around
Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

I think Joaquin used soft all the way around
Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rinolino
I used soft on the inside and medium on the outside. And Paolo used medium all the way around
I think Joaquin used soft all the way around
What did the tires look like after the race...did the softs and/or mediums make it through the entire race without starting to wear too much?

Also, what were the outside temps during the race?

Thanks so much.....I am running Alpha's, but haven't experimented with enough shores to know how they will hold up for 60 minutes of racing under different conditions or temps.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default GT World PR ( Graph- Pos for laps) www.acicarc.com

Guys here I put a graph showing the positions of laps. is divided into 3 parts.

GT class--buggy-based on road!-1-50.jpg

GT class--buggy-based on road!-50-100.jpg

GT class--buggy-based on road!-100-149.jpg
Old 03-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Andy used Alpha Hard and the tires looks great and didn't loose traction in the whole race, he just lost the second gear after 18 minutes in a 60 minutes race and was able to finish the race in 2nd position.

Qualifier Video
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by zobeida; 03-28-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX
What did the tires look like after the race...did the softs and/or mediums make it through the entire race without starting to wear too much?

Also, what were the outside temps during the race?

Thanks so much.....I am running Alpha's, but haven't experimented with enough shores to know how they will hold up for 60 minutes of racing under different conditions or temps.
In the spec main i had a servo failure after the 20 minute mark or something like that, and in open my battery went bad around 10 minutes left on the race, so i couldnt test that, however Paolo's tires looked good after the race and considering he had to push for a while to make up for some laps he lost due to a flame out, i would say medium tires are enough for an hour final, but it all depends on your driving style and track conditions too.
Also to consider that the Cobra GT weights around 3540 grams, for what Ive heard other brands are heavier which will increase tire wear I would say.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone know if a fully charged 1700 NIMH receiver battery will last at least 60 min.?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bassman2
Does anyone know if a fully charged 1700 NIMH receiver battery will last at least 60 min.?
Funny you mention it, before this race I would say yes, based on my sedan experience where I havent had a problem running over an hour with a 1700 NiMha, but on this race a brand new fully charged battery only last 50 minutes. I have to check if maybe the battery was bad or the servos use more power on this bigger cars which will make sense. I have only ran this car once so Im still learning this kind of things.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bassman2
It depends on the load (servos) you use. I use 2100mAh just in case in my GT.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default A Main Open Start

Start of A Main Open
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Another A Main Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 03-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Funny you mention it, before this race I would say yes, based on my sedan experience where I havent had a problem running over an hour with a 1700 NiMha, but on this race a brand new fully charged battery only last 50 minutes. I have to check if maybe the battery was bad or the servos use more power on this bigger cars which will make sense. I have only ran this car once so Im still learning this kind of things.

Rino,

Which servos are you using ?.

On my DM1Spec (about 200grs heavier than the Cobra GT), i use SAVOX 1267 both in steering and gas/brake. And im using LIFE 1.450mah battery and so far at least for 60 minutes racing im not having any problem. Never tested until they are dead so i dont know if im on the limit or not.

Congrats again to Team Serpent !!, wish you the best and hope to see you in ECUADOR next Augusto for mor GT Racing !
Old 03-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Big time thanks to everyone that made the 2012 Ipanema Sports GT World Championships such a exciting and fun GT Only racing event!

Congrats to Paolo Morganti of Team Serpent for winning our GT Open Class and Hilton Martinez of Team Ipanema for winning our GT Spec Class!

Had a great time Barceloneta, Puerto Rico and really look forward to racing there again soon!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Rino,

Which servos are you using ?.

On my DM1Spec (about 200grs heavier than the Cobra GT), i use SAVOX 1267 both in steering and gas/brake. And im using LIFE 1.450mah battery and so far at least for 60 minutes racing im not having any problem. Never tested until they are dead so i dont know if im on the limit or not.

Congrats again to Team Serpent !!, wish you the best and hope to see you in ECUADOR next Augusto for mor GT Racing !
Hey Pato,

Paolo and I will be going to Ecuador on August 17,18 and 19. For anyone intersted to go from the U.S. the owner of the track is offering free hotel, a good opportunity to travel, they will run GT and sedan.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool

Hey Pato,

Paolo and I will be going to Ecuador on August 17,18 and 19. For anyone intersted to go from the U.S. the owner of the track is offering free hotel, a good opportunity to travel, they will run GT and sedan.
Please post a link or more info about this race. I would like to attend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.