Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Herrsavage,

This is the pipe that works really well with the LRP. Just an fyi.

http://winnerscirclerc.com/product_i...b269098bc20307

Regards,

Speyederjedi
Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks dude.. Sounds awesome..

I already had one LRP Spec 3 in my LST2, and loved it.. I'm currently in need of a new LST2 engine, and am trying to decide whether to get the LRP 28, or the LRP 30 pullstart version, or the LRP truggy version and buy a pullstart backplate for it.. (Could break it in in my SC8 or DM-1 though...) Just trying to clarify if the truggy version is really better than the pullstart version..

I really liked my LRP, but it's kind of a known entity.. (though not in my DM-1...) The 30 would be something new.. All the LRP engines are going really cheaply hear at the moment.. Can have a Spec 3 for €110, or the 30 - either version - for €130...(then €30 or so to order the backplate for use in the LST2 at some point..)

I've seen a few videos which suggest the LRP Spec 3 is a perfect engine for the DM-1, and I already know it is for the LST2.. So I should probably just get it.. It's also by far the cheapest... Common sense is probably staring me in the face, but I'm just looking for a reason to be different...

Try to get some vid with that Spec 3..
Old 11-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Herrsavage,

I will try to get some video at my next race. If you get the LRP use the Dynamite backplate instead of the one from LRP. Some racers have had leakage problems with the LRP one. I have already installed the Dynamite backplate on both my Spec 3's. Here is the part.

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN0960

Regards,

Speyederjedi
Old 11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

I have about three of those!!.. (raced Mach 427's, and had one on my Losi 454 til I sold it.. - unused.. Was collecting dust and I was more into my buggy at that particular moment...)
Old 11-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Since you don't race the LRP .30 is a beast and now they have this one:

http://www.teamassociated.com/news/l...Nitro_Engine!/

It should just rip!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Not sure that LRP .32 would make all that much sense in a DM-1..

Not sure on the .30 either for that matter..

I mean, if a .28 will run like this..:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6OW...884B4EA0FE007A

...what is more torque going to accomplish?...

That video is kind of silly I know, but that's basically the kind of oomph I'm after.. He's got a JP-4 even - an engine-tamer of a pipe...
Old 11-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Not sure that LRP .32 would make all that much sense in a DM-1..

Not sure on the .30 either for that matter..

I mean, if a .28 will run like this..:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6OW...884B4EA0FE007A

...what is more torque going to accomplish?...

That video is kind of silly I know, but that's basically the kind of oomph I'm after.. He's got a JP-4 even - an engine-tamer of a pipe...
Herrsavage,

Keep in mind, that video shows a DM-1 on an unprepped surface. The motor is really pushin out the revs but that's beacause of lack of traction. It's baasically drifting.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Just to share with you guys, small video of a friend who tested his DM ONE for the first time ever ... we are pushing to put this class to grow in my country, 2 years ago 16 drivers per race attending GT Class, now the class is dead and a local club has the class alive with just 3-4 guys racing. My club is pushing to open GT in 2012, we have 8-9 cars so far :

http://youtu.be/E_9nKfr0Ik0

Old 11-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Herrsavage,

Here is a liitle video of the A-main and the cars I was up against 2 weeks ago. I was winning the first 20 minutes or so but I had already dropped out of the race with the rear ring and pinion breakdown by the time this video was being filmed. That blue GT car being filmed is an Xray proto-type with a single speed transmission. The 2-speed is in the works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPek...ature=youtu.be

Regards,

Speyederjedi
Old 11-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
That blue GT car being filmed is an Xray proto-type with a single speed transmission. The 2-speed is in the works.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that is a Xray conversion not an official Factory Xray prototype. But it sure looks very good on the track.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jersey has had a great time converting that car and the next time it comes out , it should have the two speed in it. It will be a great car.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

On a side note. I just started racing electric indoor carpet again recently and I'll tell you, its a pain to keep up with the new high tech stuff you have to have to run electric. Every time I get away from it for a while and go back to it, I have to buy all new stuff to race. This is why I love the nitro cars.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

I'm not a tremendous fan of organized racing. I think it makes RC too serious, and saps some of the fun out of it. If I race, I race buggy or truggy. They recently started up a regional offroad series here, where it's possible to race only on Sunday and skip Saturday testing. Which I think is far more realistic and... hobby-life-balance-friendly... than requiring entire weekends..

Tabushi, couldn't see that vid here as I'm in Europe. There is no GT racing here anyway(thoug my local track - MRC Leipzig - has a gorgeous onroad track right next to the offroad track.. They do big 1/5 races..) I just want to run on a track against myself basically. With a cheap and simple and durable/low-hassle DM-1, sharing engines from my other RC's. I would race GT if it existed here though. But I must also say, you can see on here all the pushing to make GT's more and more expensive and competitive, which kills the concept IMO. Kyosho discontinuing the GT2 is probably the worst thing that could happen.. Now, if it's all gonna' be expensive X-rays(however nice..) and even more expensive Italian things, there will be even fewer participants... Guaranteed.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

I didn't have any problems whatching the vid.. from Europe, too

It's weird that Kyosho isn't producing GTs anymore.. maybe GT3, no?
Old 11-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Champion

"This video contains music which belongs to SME, and can't be shown in Germany", etc.. Something like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.