Originally Posted by Jspeed
Losi8 GT Warrior!

Looks sweet CharlieB!
your body looks great
Old 05-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodash
Dude for your car not to be setup well yet you drove very nice today. When you get that gt2 dialed in im going to have to look out for you from my rear view that is but if you need any help or have any questions get my number from kitchen I notice your Vette body was dragging in the front if you don't get your warrior body and bumper before the next time you come up BD let me know I have the bumper you need for that body you can run it. Nice meeting you today.
Thanks DeShaun

Yeah I wish I had more time to work on the car, but the rain was off and on. I'll be coming up next weekend, Nice meeting you too.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
First off I want to say thanks for advice given in advance. My plan is to make the Texas Biggie in 13 days and need some much needed info to convert my Hot Bodies D8 to a Gt.

Plans: let me know if will work or if I'm missing anything.

Body- PFG 8, will it fit?
Body mounts and front bumper - kyosho GT2 will they work with modifications?
2speed- K GT2, will it fit in original diff holder or better to get the whole assembly and bolt in. Kyosho or other brand?
Fly wheel and clutch- can I use 2 speed clutch bell on my buggy flywheel 3 shoe
or do I have to use 34mm kyosho 2shoe set up.
Diff oil- assuming I can get 2speed in, what diff oil weight should I use in Front and Rear.
tires- I plan on running sweep slick 45shore, how long due they last, how many sets do I need for a race like this and is this the right shore.

I think that's it I already ordered most parts I listed, and need to get to work just want to know if I'm on the right path. Hope to get it going by next weekend and test it out in Porter Tx before Biggie.
I was going to get my GT1 back on the track after not running it for a few years, but I've decided to do a D8 GT instead. I think it will make a very good GT car compared to the K car. The K car front bumper is easy to use - I also run a D8 based dirt LM and use the K car IGT front bumper on it as well. There is a lot of parts interchange possible between MP 9.5 vintage parts and D8 parts, especially in the diff case/diff areas. I am using my old GT1 2 speed center with an Evolva 2nd gear shoe setup added. Th two speed is a little longer than the D8 center diff, so I'll have to move the chassis mount holes around a little - no biggie. I'll mount it wherever it lines up with the clutch. I'll use Evolva clutch pinions with my D8 three shoe clutch. Remember that you will be dealing with a 4.3 ratio in the diffs, so you'll need to run large pinions to get the gearing right with the small IGT tires. D8T 150cc tank will drop right in using the same mounts as the 125cc D8 tank (this tank also fits very easily on my GT1 achssis, BTW, and is much nicer than a K car 150cc truggy tank IMO.) Dunno about diff oil weights to start with - heavier than buggy, anyway...

The D8 shocks are awesome, and nice and short, and I like the front end/rear end geometry on the D8 better than the older school K car. If nothing else, it won't look like all the other IGTs out there. Good luck with yours!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gashuffer
If that car is set up right. Forget about it!!! I was at Blue Diamond today and my friend Kitchen has his 8 up and running. All I can say is WOW!!! the car is insane... and the track didn't even set up yet traction wise.
I think I need more motor messin' with you guy's...If I can help you with your car...you got it! X2

Originally Posted by williamw
You need the sway bars.
How are you making out with your GT8? when you get that thing done come see me @ BD to work out the kinks.

Originally Posted by nitrodash
Dude for your car not to be setup well yet you drove very nice today. When you get that gt2 dialed in im going to have to look out for you from my rear view that is but if you need any help or have any questions get my number from kitchen I notice your Vette body was dragging in the front if you don't get your warrior body and bumper before the next time you come up BD let me know I have the bumper you need for that body you can run it. Nice meeting you today.
see 1st post just makes me try harder!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kitchen
I think I need more motor messin' with you guy's...If I can help you with your car...you got it! X2

How are you making out with your GT8? when you get that thing done come see me @ BD to work out the kinks.

see 1st post just makes me try harder!
You think you need more motor your losi was flying around the track like it had wing i was going to pull you to the side and ask you to slow down a bit so everyone else does not look so so bad
Old 05-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default Track Day

Well.. I took the new spec1 out to the local track... needs brakes!! The fiber ones are shite...ordered them.
I also dialed out a dergee of camber front and rear, to get more even wear on the tires. ..I also rased the roll center on both ends... We are getting closer to a good setup... keep the advice and setups coming

I spoke whith Mark Day at the track and he again, extended a invitation to all of you that would like to come to the TimeZone GP race in July....we will have 1/10 to 1/5 scale classes racing for those dates.... camping on site, and food is provided.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi!

Can anybody tell me were can I get in Europe the Ipanema Warrior body and Sweep tyres for my GT? I don't find Ipanema products over here and about Sweep tyres, just for 1/10...

If there's no on-line shop that sells them in Europe, what's the best US on-line shop to buy these products that sends overseas?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kitchen
I'm @ work right now so I don't have much time to post all the pic's I want with a good description of what's been done...but here a few quick clicks...I'll post more later>>>---<<<Maybe I can sneak a few descriptions in

paint job by CR GRAPHICS...this the body I won from Jojo @ Blue Diamond Park...and Jojo said ...and I qoute..."this body's coming home with me" not ...the wheels and tires are premounted Sweep 45's

with the addition of the longer cb and the center diff moved forward, the electronics box and servo has to be chopped for clearance.

steering servo chop.

The shaft on the left was cut down from the original, the other was sleeved and then welded for more strength...so far the latter is the winner!

my first, we named him "piece of $h!+"...may he rest in pieces

The rear drive shaft is the Losi 8T front shaft...perfect length...the top of the center case has to be dremeled inside for the big gear to spin free and the brake cam from the front brake is now used in the rear, notice the "race bend" on the brake lever !

fits like a glove.

I'll give a better write up later with more pic's<<<
did i just read correct...u go to blue diamond...ill bring my conversion with me when i make it down there prolly on 7/31/11 if i don't have to work or if i don't get there sooner ill post pics 2nite
Old 05-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

also which shocks did u use again?
Old 05-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

GT2 Guys. Have you switched to a heavier servo saver spring? Which one did you use? My only experience with Kyosho is with my 1/8 on road so I don't really know which buggy parts go where.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gary NJ
I was going to get my GT1 back on the track after not running it for a few years, but I've decided to do a D8 GT instead. I think it will make a very good GT car compared to the K car. The K car front bumper is easy to use - I also run a D8 based dirt LM and use the K car IGT front bumper on it as well. There is a lot of parts interchange possible between MP 9.5 vintage parts and D8 parts, especially in the diff case/diff areas. I am using my old GT1 2 speed center with an Evolva 2nd gear shoe setup added. Th two speed is a little longer than the D8 center diff, so I'll have to move the chassis mount holes around a little - no biggie. I'll mount it wherever it lines up with the clutch. I'll use Evolva clutch pinions with my D8 three shoe clutch. Remember that you will be dealing with a 4.3 ratio in the diffs, so you'll need to run large pinions to get the gearing right with the small IGT tires. D8T 150cc tank will drop right in using the same mounts as the 125cc D8 tank (this tank also fits very easily on my GT1 achssis, BTW, and is much nicer than a K car 150cc truggy tank IMO.) Dunno about diff oil weights to start with - heavier than buggy, anyway...

The D8 shocks are awesome, and nice and short, and I like the front end/rear end geometry on the D8 better than the older school K car. If nothing else, it won't look like all the other IGTs out there. Good luck with yours!
cool gary ...didn't know u were into the gt cars as well?
if u need some practice come out to county gas...pm me if u need the info
have u swung by critters yet?
Old 05-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jrz93
did i just read correct...u go to blue diamond...
that's correct!

also which shocks did u use again?
stock with #56 pistons
Old 05-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gashuffer
GT2 Guys. Have you switched to a heavier servo saver spring? Which one did you use? My only experience with Kyosho is with my 1/8 on road so I don't really know which buggy parts go where.
Stock servo saver spring works fine it you tighten it all the way up. kyosho has a harder spring that will work KYOIFW338 but the whole set does not fit the GT2 only the spring its kinda pricey just to use only the spring out of this servo saver set it around $28 bucks.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

yeah, but ya gotta have a spring. or it bye bye servo with a hit.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

cool gary ...didn't know u were into the gt cars as well?
if u need some practice come out to county gas...pm me if u need the info
have u swung by critters yet?
I plan to get up to John's to run again, even though this car doesn't fit into stock spec class anymore. Ron Bosco was telling me today that they may move to every other Friday. I also want to make it out to FBF a few times.

Definately overdue to see Aldo's new digs - I hear nothing but raves. Great to have a raceway like that closer to home.

Too many tracks, too little money...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.