Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
I'm all for a set in stone min. weight for open and spec. classes. Anyone here from R.O.A.R. yet?
I hav'nt heard anything about the GT class from ROAR in quite awhile, but it sounds like Jspeed maybe up dating his rules soon.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by williamw
I hav'nt heard anything about the GT class from ROAR in quite awhile, but it sounds like Jspeed maybe up dating his rules soon.
After reading what happened in Homestead this week, our GT race rules will see a slight change to exclude the use of any chemical traction additives & a possible to include the use of "INS Boxes" for our race in Texas, but thats it, no other changes are needed for 2011.

Weight restrictions in GT Open class are not going to happen, minimum weight for GT Spec is 3500 grams.

To view more on the topic click here.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I hope ROAR rules come out soon, then we can have an across the country rule base so we are all on the same page. We will definitely be adapting roar rules at our local track.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Yeah, I hope ROAR rules come out soon, then we can have an across the country rule base so we are all on the same page. We will definitely be adapting roar rules at our local track.
Quick questions bill....

You run a group of Gt racers in Austin Texas for your local club races correct?

What rules do you guys run for them there or are ya'll bashing?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jspeed
After reading what happened in Homestead this week, our GT race rules will see a slight change to exclude the use of any chemical traction additives & a possible to include the use of "INS Boxes" for our race in Texas, but thats it, no other changes are needed for 2011.

Weight restrictions in GT Open class are not going to happen, minimum weight for GT Spec is 3500 grams.

To view more on the topic click here.

Please excuse my question but what is an "INS Box"? I agree our rubber tires do not need any aditional aditives to work correctly.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Quick questions bill....

What rules do you guys run for them there?
I don't run anything. I travel 170 miles round trip to HobbyTown North Austin which runs a 1/8 GT class every Saturday. They have not set any rules yet, to gain attendance, which has worked. The class last year started with four, and has grown to well over 20 in nitro, and we have 4 in electric, which is starting to catch on. The growth is attributed to the fact that a spectator can buy a car and throw it in the race without worrying about any special equipment.

Now that there is a steady attendance every week, a few of us have been talking with Hobbytown to start a new "rules" based class for those that want to run a more organized type of class. This "rules" class will be based on ROAR rules once they are released, and hopefully other tracks will do the same thing, so that we can travel to another track, and we already know the rules.

The original class will still remain, so that anyone can get a GT car and not have to worry about buying special items. Run what ya brung! For me, its all about fun and hanging out with my daughter, not competition.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

When I get back to Dallas, I coming to Austin to race and see my first ever F1 race!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quick questions bill....

What rules do you guys run for them there or are ya'll bashing?
We generally run very similar rule of thumb Utah racers have in GT8 ...... Open:

Chassis: GT, GT2, DM-1, or 2 diff. off-road base chassis
Engines: any .21-.28, or electric motor
Minimum Weight Limit: None
Tires: Rubber tires. (any brand)
Bodies: Kyosho GT bodies, Alpha GT Bodies, Protoform PF8,Ipanema warrior body, Delta Plastic bodies, BYSM bodies, etc.
No centax clutches .... A Great attitude to have fun! ..... Not too technical , now if your rules are similar to these ... Great.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Wow, I just got a slew of PM's about the website. Looks like it was down for a bit while Domain Name registration updates where going on, but it is back up. Thanks for the heads up guys!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jneg
Please excuse my question but what is an "INS Box"? I agree our rubber tires do not need any aditional aditives to work correctly.
Whats up Bro?

The "INS Boxes" are used in 1/8 on-road racing to reduce noise, they have very little effect on performance. It goes around the air filter, real easy add on.

Since a lot of GT guys are running some pretty loud pipes, we might want to think about them for Texas.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

When I get back to Dallas, I coming to Austin to race and see my first ever F1 race!!!!
I will be doing alot of 1:1 racing on that track also, can't wait till its done!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Better put my order in for a 1:1 Mazda with a graphite chassis!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

williamw---I tried to reply to your PM but it said you do not except PM's

To answer your question, you can go on the site and check live inventory, and if I am out of stock on the particular set you are looking for, I have another order coming from that company next week.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

That answered my question. My supply of cheap stuff is almost gone, I may pony up for some and see how long they last bashing up and down the parking lots.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

jneg here's a pic of an orange one ... they come in different colors for our engines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.